over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

kidney tests

MrMetabolism

Newbies
ive got quite a few more bubbles in urine as of late and am concerned i may be pissing protein

stopped all supps otc or otherwise and got recent bloodwork done which showed all kidney values within normal ranges (minerals, egfr, creatinine, albumin etc) but dr didnt req a urinalysis or include cystatin-c on my labs

to my inexperienced eye i dont know if my piss qualifies as foamy as the bubbles arent super small and do dissipate with time, i have no other symptoms to lead me to believe i have kidney issues but i have cut my protein intake in half in the interim just to be safe and stopped adding salt to my meals (still training my ass off though)

after reading as much as i can on here i want to cover my bases to be sure there are no signs of kidney issues, going to pay out of pocket for a UA but i am curious to know if a basic UA for protein will be enough, if I should include microalbumin/creatinine (it seems like i should) or if there are any other urinalysis related kidney function tests/values i should make sure to get included?

thanks in advance from a paranoid hypochondriac

ive got quite a few more bubbles in urine as of late and am concerned i may be pissing protein

stopped all supps otc or otherwise and got recent bloodwork done which showed all kidney values within normal ranges (minerals, egfr, creatinine, albumin etc) but dr didnt req a urinalysis or include cystatin-c on my labs

to my inexperienced eye i dont know if my piss qualifies as foamy as the bubbles arent super small and do dissipate with time, i have no other symptoms to lead me to believe i have kidney issues but i have cut my protein intake in half in the interim just to be safe and stopped adding salt to my meals (still training my ass off though)

after reading as much as i can on here i want to cover my bases to be sure there are no signs of kidney issues, going to pay out of pocket for a UA but i am curious to know if a basic UA for protein will be enough, if I should include microalbumin/creatinine (it seems like i should) or if there are any other urinalysis related kidney function tests/values i should make sure to get included?

thanks in advance from a paranoid hypochondriac

If your bloodwork was good honestly man you are probably in good shape. If you are really worried you certainly could do cystatin c and a standard urinalysis. You could also add a microablumin/creatinine ratio spot test. It's quite sensitive to tiny amounts of protein a standard dipstick test won't pickup and calculates the ratio which helps takes hydration level out of the equation.

A urinalysis would show if your pissing protein which could be a concern. It sounds like your fine, its good to be proactive but I think its irrational to do what you did because of foamy piss. What was the ceeatinine?

A varying amount of air bubbles become dynamically trapped/surrounded ironically by a yellowish fluid with physical properties not much dissimilar to drinking water such as the coefficient of viscosity and the cohesive force of surface tension at standard room temperature and pressure. From the Chem-14 panel posted, everything looks "WNL".

^^^gonna throw this in as a possible cause of the "bubbles"
(..cuz i know some of you guys are dirty bastards, lol)

..if your toilette bowl is not clean, that could be the cause and/or a contributor to the "mr. bubbles" in your toilette

^^^as well as any residual detergent used to recently clean the bowl
& even some of those "bowl cleaners" you put in the tank thank give you that nice blue or green tint

^^^just something to keep in mind fellas

I have CKD, my eGFR last year was 40 and yes I am leaking protein. The bowl looks like a bubble factory when peeing (2+ protein leakage in urine)
I take Astragalus and my last Cystatin C showed an improvement of gfr and creatinine.
You are fine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity