over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidney transplant

grizzly978

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Question for anyone that’s done this before or had it done.
Long story short, my father is mid 60s and after months of delayed testing he needs a kidney transplant after finding multiple cysts and his function is low (I do not know the percentage).
I am in great shape and we both have matching blood types so I decided to volunteer and had to be evaluated by a psychologist etc to make sure I was not pressured or forced, all that great stuff and a whole lot of blood work.
My function is great from the tests so I am a suitable donator.

We were told it’s 60-90 days possibly to get the surgery scheduled.
How long is the average recovery for anyone that has had this done? I plan to drop all gear in about 2-3 weeks once my cycle is over and will run GH only.
I am doing it regardless but will this hinder fitness for me once recovered? Not a big fan of surgery and they said this is a long one, and can be fatal(I doubt it will be fatal).

Any insights?
My grandfather died of kidney/ liver disease so it seems genetic.

If this is genetic, your grandfather died of this, your father is going to without a kidney, etc then what if you get it later on?

This lifestyle you live would be far more dangerous if you had one less kidney.

I know a guy who gave another a kidney and in ten years that guy needs yet another kidney. Worst part is the kidney donor in this situation found out that the guy he gave a kidney was a total piece of shit. This guy was only 23 or so as well. Very different situation.

Granted this is your father and it is admirable you would be willing to go this far for him but is he going to do absolutely everything in his power to take care of the life saving gift you are willing to part with? If he's in his mid 60's how much more time do you expect to have with him?

Im just throwing this out there in case you havent thought about this. Make sure you are considering yourself here as well even if you feel "selfish" because you could easily be on the other side of this someday.

Good luck. You are clearly a selfless person so my hat's off to you.

Long story short, my father is mid 60s and after months of delayed testing he needs a kidney transplant after finding multiple cysts and his function is low (I do not know the percentage).
I am in great shape and we both have matching blood types so I decided to volunteer and had to be evaluated by a psychologist etc to make sure I was not pressured or forced, all that great stuff and a whole lot of blood work.

How long is the average recovery for anyone that has had this done? I plan to drop all gear in about 2-3 weeks once my cycle is over and will run GH only.
I am doing it regardless but will this hinder fitness for me once recovered? Not a big fan of surgery and they said this is a long one, and can be fatal(I doubt it will be fatal).

Any insights?

I agree with Bleed, if this is genetic then there's a possibility that you'll need a kidney transplant as well. You may not last as long as your father since you'll only have one kidney. Keep in mind, if you ever get a kidney transplant you'll be on immuno suppressive medications for anti rejection protocol. I'm sure Muscle96ss will chime in. He has first hand experience with this.

Best of luck to you and your father!

Regardless of what you end up doing, if this runs in the family, you probably will want to minimize the use of anabolics, more so the harshest ones. I'm sure you already know this.

Best of luck to you and your father.

Any insights?

In terms of the recovery, I can tell you anything you want to know from the perspective of the person getting the transplant. But as far as the donor, I don't really know too much about it other than they normally go home from the hospital the next day and it is a pretty simple procedure from what I understand. My main concern, if I were in your position, would be that if it is a genetic issue then the transplant may not last very long as well as you may then have similar problems shortly down the road. I don't know if there are genetic tests that can be done or how they would be able to establish that connection though.

If this is genetic, your grandfather died of this, your father is going to without a kidney, etc then what if you get it later on?

This lifestyle you live would be far more dangerous if you had one less kidney.

I know a guy who gave another a kidney and in ten years that guy needs yet another kidney. Worst part is the kidney donor in this situation found out that the guy he gave a kidney was a total piece of shit. This guy was only 23 or so as well. Very different situation.

Granted this is your father and it is admirable you would be willing to go this far for him but is he going to do absolutely everything in his power to take care of the life saving gift you are willing to part with? If he's in his mid 60's how much more time do you expect to have with him?

Im just throwing this out there in case you havent thought about this. Make sure you are considering yourself here as well even if you feel "selfish" because you could easily be on the other side of this someday.

Good luck. You are clearly a selfless person so my hat's off to you.

I get regular bloodwork and mine are fully functional, we had to do a lot of testing just to have this approved.

My mother’s side has very good genetics with health, so risk to reward I am fine with it.

In terms of gear, it’s been very light doses , I don’t drink or smoke.
We do get an advanced notice when it is time from what we have been told, it is usually 60 days. If I need another, and can’t then so be it.
I am not worried about that, it’s just can one recover back to fitness after the surgery is finished , and it appears that is the case.
I have my moms genetics luckily

I get regular bloodwork and mine are fully functional, we had to do a lot of testing just to have this approved.

My mother’s side has very good genetics with health, so risk to reward I am fine with it.

In terms of gear, it’s been very light doses , I don’t drink or smoke.
We do get an advanced notice when it is time from what we have been told, it is usually 60 days. If I need another, and can’t then so be it.
I am not worried about that, it’s just can one recover back to fitness after the surgery is finished , and it appears that is the case.
I have my moms genetics luckily

You should be fine in terms of functioning with 1 kidney. But at the same time, you only have 1 kidney so AAS use and the side effects(high BP, etc..) are going to take more of a toll. So I wouldn't plan on running huge crazy cycles either.

In terms of the recovery, I can tell you anything you want to know from the perspective of the person getting the transplant. But as far as the donor, I don't really know too much about it other than they normally go home from the hospital the next day and it is a pretty simple procedure from what I understand. My main concern, if I were in your position, would be that if it is a genetic issue then the transplant may not last very long as well as you may then have similar problems shortly down the road. I don't know if there are genetic tests that can be done or how they would be able to establish that connection though.

I honestly do not know in terms of testing for the genetic part, but I have my mothers genetics and my brothers have my dads.

So it is not a week in the hospital or anything for the donor? That was my main concern as I would rather be home and relax than stuck in the hospital.
Genetically, I am not concerned. The doctors have a serious protocol from start to end , they literally did a full psychological evaluation to start and interrogated me to make sure I was not forced to do this or be paid to do so.
With AAS, it will be TRT and GH, maybe some primo at low doses.
No orals , I am more concerned about fitness than my health, we have been delayed for months and months with everything due to COVID.
I am not trying to sound like a hero, honestly just figured the guys like yourself would have some info on this as it can be an issue with fitness.
He has so many cysts on the kidney it is absurd.... they keep growing.

You should be fine in terms of functioning with 1 kidney. But at the same time, you only have 1 kidney so AAS use and the side effects(high BP, etc..) are going to take more of a toll. So I wouldn't plan on running huge crazy cycles either.
Thank you for the insight brother, I will stick to TRT and GH. That’s all I need, and definitely some top notch liver and kidney supplements. I am checking out injectable NAC and how much it would cost to run monthly

I agree with Bleed, if this is genetic then there's a possibility that you'll need a kidney transplant as well. You may not last as long as your father since you'll only have one kidney. Keep in mind, if you ever get a kidney transplant you'll be on immuno suppressive medications for anti rejection protocol. I'm sure Muscle96ss will chime in. He has first hand experience with this.

Best of luck to you and your father!
Thank you Bio, Muscle96ss passed so much knowledge I feel better about it and will keep AAS low.
We will get a flexing pic at the hospital when done, the man is still built solid.

Reactions: Bio
Thank you for the insight brother, I will stick to TRT and GH. That’s all I need, and definitely some top notch liver and kidney supplements. I am checking out injectable NAC and how much it would cost to run monthly

When I had my transplant, I asked the following morning if they could tell me how my donor was(didn't know them). They told me that they had already been discharged that morning. They said that was the norm. But I would assume that each hospital has their own protocol, but mine was done at Mayo and they are normally more strict with their protocols.

One thing to consider for your father is making sure that the transplant center that is doing the surgery, is top notch. Because once he has the transplant, that will forever be his center and they will be in charge. So, I don't know how many local options you have in your area; but I would talk with others who have had a transplant at those centers to make sure you pick the right one.

How is that you don't know your donor? Did they just volunteer a kidney for someone they never met or is there something else that happened?

When I had my transplant, I asked the following morning if they could tell me how my donor was(didn't know them). They told me that they had already been discharged that morning. They said that was the norm. But I would assume that each hospital has their own protocol, but mine was done at Mayo and they are normally more strict with their protocols.

One thing to consider for your father is making sure that the transplant center that is doing the surgery, is top notch. Because once he has the transplant, that will forever be his center and they will be in charge. So, I don't know how many local options you have in your area; but I would talk with others who have had a transplant at those centers to make sure you pick the right one.

How is that you don't know your donor? Did they just volunteer a kidney for someone they never met or is there something else that happened?

The way things happened is that my wife had a decal across her back windshield looking for a donor and one day the local news stopped her and ended up coming out to the house and doing a story on us. Then another news station did the same. From those stories, we had somewhere like 60 people call in and offer to donate a kidney. It was crazy, nothing I ever expected in my life. Anyway, the way the process works is so fucked up and it took like 3 months to process each donor and the first 2 didn't work out. The 3rd finally worked out but there was some incompatibility with antibodies; so they did what they called a paired match; where somebody else gets my donor's kidney and I get their's. It actually ended up being a 7 person chain. Anyway, the process is completely anonymous, so while my wife actually talked online with my donors wife, we never met them or knew who they were. But it wasn't his kidney that I ended up getting because his went to someone in Florida I believe. I actually did get to meet the person whose kidney I do have. She consented for me to have her information and we met at a function where other donors and transplanted met; was really cool.

Florida. Wow. I can tell horror stories about kidney donations gone wrong. I have a friend that donated a kidney who is straight up hoping no one else made the same mistake given some of the possible people on the receiving end of that kidney in Florida. I've met a few people who are out of their mind who are dealing with kidney failure. Not casual UFO crazy. Hatred of entire groups of people and pathologic grandiose personality narcissism sort of crazy. The kind of crazy that gets you kicked you out of everywhere you go. I took the organ donor sticker off my license because of this experience. He's not the only one I've met with failing kidneys who is just a complete shitbag (Disclaimer not throwing shade at you...my step dad needed a kidney and a large family wouldn't give him one...he was also on 300 units of humulin a day and in denial about his obesity).

I talked to this random crazy guy once...and he asked me for a kidney. Was some of the casual craziest shit I've seen in my life. He lost his shit when the answer was exactly what you would expect it would be.

I'm glad that worked out for you the way it did. I know I was just venting about kidneys and organ donors and how close that hits home for you so I apologize for that.

Life is fucking crazy, it's a small world, and I hope you have a strong bond and friendship with the person who gave you a kidney. My buddy had his "friend" end up extorting him for money. LOL. I still have a hard time believing this but it's the realest thing ever.

The way things happened is that my wife had a decal across her back windshield looking for a donor and one day the local news stopped her and ended up coming out to the house and doing a story on us. Then another news station did the same. From those stories, we had somewhere like 60 people call in and offer to donate a kidney. It was crazy, nothing I ever expected in my life. Anyway, the way the process works is so fucked up and it took like 3 months to process each donor and the first 2 didn't work out. The 3rd finally worked out but there was some incompatibility with antibodies; so they did what they called a paired match; where somebody else gets my donor's kidney and I get their's. It actually ended up being a 7 person chain. Anyway, the process is completely anonymous, so while my wife actually talked online with my donors wife, we never met them or knew who they were. But it wasn't his kidney that I ended up getting because his went to someone in Florida I believe. I actually did get to meet the person whose kidney I do have. She consented for me to have her information and we met at a function where other donors and transplanted met; was really cool.

Florida. Wow. I can tell horror stories about kidney donations gone wrong. I have a friend that donated a kidney who is straight up hoping no one else made the same mistake given some of the possible people on the receiving end of that kidney in Florida. I've met a few people who are out of their mind who are dealing with kidney failure. Not casual UFO crazy. Hatred of entire groups of people and pathologic grandiose personality narcissism sort of crazy. The kind of crazy that gets you kicked you out of everywhere you go. I took the organ donor sticker off my license because of this experience. He's not the only one I've met with failing kidneys who is just a complete shitbag (Disclaimer not throwing shade at you...my step dad needed a kidney and a large family wouldn't give him one...he was also on 300 units of humulin a day and in denial about his obesity).

I talked to this random crazy guy once...and he asked me for a kidney. Was some of the casual craziest shit I've seen in my life. He lost his shit when the answer was exactly what you would expect it would be.

I'm glad that worked out for you the way it did. I know I was just venting about kidneys and organ donors and how close that hits home for you so I apologize for that.

Life is fucking crazy, it's a small world, and I hope you have a strong bond and friendship with the person who gave you a kidney. My buddy had his "friend" end up extorting him for money. LOL. I still have a hard time believing this but it's the realest thing ever.

I can relate to that last sentence as my wife got a bunch of people from other countries and in the US as well, that were willing to donate but wanted to be paid and were trying to take advantage of our desperation.

In terms of the type of people seeking a transplant; my observation was that it was mostly older people who did not take care of their bodies and were just in bad shape. Considering the criteria to receive a transplant; I was confused at how they could qualify; especially given that my transplant center was giving me such a hard time about qualifying.

What an incredible story! It helps restore my faith in humanity!!

you're a good son, and a good person in general.

i would never do this for anyone

Yah me either. Im too much of a bitch. The idea of getting my kidney cut out makes me want to faint.

Yah me either. Im too much of a bitch. The idea of getting my kidney cut out makes me want to faint.

im more of the "it's not my responsibility to save your dysgenic ass" mindset

now if i had a genetic trait that caused me to regrow kidneys, then sure, i would sell em for a reasonable price.

but i am not going to accept a lower quality of life to save someone who was to be pruned by evolution

The recovery after donation was a solid month before I could function normally. This was in December 2014. I came off of cycles of Test E/NPP for a couple years and about 2 years of GH. The first 2 weeks is pretty intense and had to have help getting up because my abs were wrecked. They went in through an incision beside my naval, installed a port, blew me up and in they went. Entire cavity is ravaged to get to the kidney. I was out of the hospital in 2 days and many follow ups. That said, no regrets doing it. These days it's TRT only for me, but I am about to start up some gh for the first time since. It's definitely a huge decision and one only you can make. As part of the process you will also see a psychiatrist to help make sure your decision isn't from guilt or pressure. I thought that was odd but learned that many people donate for those very reasons alone.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws