over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidneys issues need your help

Tomgrass

Registered
Newbies
Hi guys so my egfr dropped to 45. Creatinine is 151 and urea is 12.1. I need to drasticily improve my markers. What would you do in my case? I am not taking anything beyond 200 test and 100 mast but I was taking a lot in a past as I competed for a few years. Thinking about dropping masteron and stay with test only for live and cut protein to only 1g/kg. I am gonna stick with food only and leave a portion of humapro as they are so easy on my body, I want to cut phosphorus so will limit white fish. Potassium and sodium also gonna be limited. All preworkout based on stimulants are out and coffee gonna be decaff. What do you think guys?

First thing, I hope you are working with a doctor. Next, I raised my eGFR around 15-20 points using Astragalus. Dante has been recommending this to help guys with kidney issues. I use the Vitamin Shoppe brand and I have 3 sets of bloodwork showing this brand is effective at raising my eGFR. I use 6 grams/day. I take 3 grams in the morning and 3 in the evening. If my numbers were as low as yours I would use a higher dose of astragalus. There are several threads here regarding astragalus. Do a search and defiantly check them out. Stay away from the Nusapure brand that is advertised on Amazon. This brand did nothing for my eGFR and was later determined that the sell fake products

Yes I have been reffered to the clinic. I will check astralagus. Thx

Wow

You are always lean and not use much ... how is this possible ?

You had high BP ?

No never my blood pressure was always spot on. I actually have no idea. I am one point in egfr scale from going from 3a to 3b. Kidney is irreversible so I have no choice and I am actually going into keto to remove all possible pressure. Keto also is very protein sparing and also removes water retention from the body since there are no carbs. I also started IF so that also gonna help clear out the body from toxins. It is time for me to make a proper nutrition decision to safe my health.

My first thought would be maybe skewness, if proper hydration/sleep/stress are present near the test it's a poor indicator for total kidney function. I'd suggest sodium bicarb before workouts either way.

No test results are fine in Feb it was 56 and it decreased by another 9 points I knew something was going on but I tought that it will improve and it is opposite.

Hi guys so my egfr dropped to 45. Creatinine is 151 and urea is 12.1. I need to drasticily improve my markers. What would you do in my case? I am not taking anything beyond 200 test and 100 mast but I was taking a lot in a past as I competed for a few years. Thinking about dropping masteron and stay with test only for live and cut protein to only 1g/kg. I am gonna stick with food only and leave a portion of humapro as they are so easy on my body, I want to cut phosphorus so will limit white fish. Potassium and sodium also gonna be limited. All preworkout based on stimulants are out and coffee gonna be decaff. What do you think guys?
i know Astragalus can help...hydrate more and lower your protein for some time,avoid any extra stress...search for Dante Trudel he has some great info that can help you

This!
I added Astragalus to my stack and in a short period of time my EGFR went up like 10 points.
Dante knows his stuff,everything he says is just like research,he has so much experience in this game

How often do you check your blood pressure and what is it? Your answer above on bp is rather vague.

You are going on a keto diet? What is the purpose?

200mg/week of test is definitely enough to saturate androgen receptors in the kidneys, consider physiological trt.

Finally, are you certain you aren't overtraining/lifting too heavy and causing a mild state of rhabdo that is impacting your kidneys?

Get into a good nephrologist and get a ultrasound and biopsy ASAP!! There very possibly is something going on, possibly autoimmune, that needs to be rectified immediately before its too late. If I had been lucky to have caught my issues as early as you are, it would have completely changed and saved my life. You need to take action before it goes any lower and I can't emphasize this enough.

I am waiting as I have been reffered for scan but these days covid 19 cause a lot of problems in health care in UK but at least they sent me quick for it. Seen a lot of voices that keto dramatically improve people condition with CKD on Thursday I will have another blood test. And they said week after it another as they want to monitor me every few days.

What's your bodyweight and protein intake? Are you only basing your egfr on creatinine? 151, do you mean 1.51? 1.51 is moderately high but could be that high due to dehydration or working out too hard. Any history of kidney problems? Protein in your urine? Definatley dont go too high on protein. I'd lose any extra fat your holding, the higher bodyweight the harder on the heart the harder on the kidneys. Maybe ask for a 24 hour urine test to get your true gfr, egfr just means your creatine it's only an estimate, your kidneys could be fine if your only basing your concern on creatinine levels being high but it should be looked into.

What's the unit of measure for your craetinine value? Or, did you mean 1.51?

What's the unit of measure for your craetinine value? Or, did you mean 1.51?

I am guessing that in his country there are different units of measure because his eGFR wouldn't be that low if it was 1.51 with the BUN listed.

What's the benefit and mechanism behind the bicarb? I think I've seen Stewie mention it too in relation to kidneys.

To prevent potential worsening of acidosis in this case. Best thing OP can do is manage fluid levels and seek help, no need for bros to mess up what medical advice might want to do later, so a simple OTC treatment is all I would recommend. If you're asking if I think sodium bicarb is something you should be interested in, than no.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws