over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kidneys prevention

bukotitanico

Newbies
hi guys!

Its the protein excreted in urine determinant for kidneys damage ? In my urine test i have this parameter in the limit and the doctor says me that it means there exist some renal damage, because a normal kidneys excret mininum protein.

I have my blood creatinin and my GFR good.

Which are their numbers in the protein excreted in urine ? Mine is 11,9 mg.

You could post your labs here and someone smart can chime in. I think you know that protein above reference is bad. Was this one lab test? Did your doc refer you to a neph? Are you retesting? The reference on my last lab from a week ago is 6.1 to 8.1 g/dL fwiw.

I cant help with much more than that except to say you will be suggested to take astragalus at some point.

EGFR is the big one. Keep it above 60.

01-10-7278_HBG_CKD_Stages_Flyer_GFR.gif

hi guys!

Its the protein excreted in urine determinant for kidneys damage ? In my urine test i have this parameter in the limit and the doctor says me that it means there exist some renal damage, because a normal kidneys excret mininum protein.

I have my blood creatinin and my GFR good.

Which are their numbers in the protein excreted in urine ? Mine is 11,9 mg.

you will overall see protein spill in your urine long before your creatinine changes or other kidney issues are apparent. Keep in mind, there could be acute reasons you protein spilling your urine and you should vet that out.

My nephrologist likes to run a microalbumin/creatinine ratio test if you are testing a random sample. A 24 hour urine screen would be quite effective as well as cystatin c blood test. Your base question is correct if you are using creatinine for a eGFR you will have protein in your urine, at times, a decade before creatinine shows a major issue (thus impacting eGFR). As for blood tests cystatin c will give you an earlier look at subtle changes in kidney function as well.

The microalbumin/creatine ratio measures the tiny amounts of albumin that the body begins to release into the urine several years before significant kidney damage becomes apparent. Albumin, a protein produced in the liver, is present in high concentrations in the blood, but when the kidneys are functioning properly, virtually no albumin is allowed to leak through into the urine. Creatinine, a byproduct of muscle metabolism, is usually excreted into the urine on a consistent basis. Creatinine's level in the urine is relatively stable. Since the concentration (or dilution) of urine varies throughout the day, this property of creatinine allows the measurement to be used as a corrective factor in random/spot urine samples.

you will overall see protein spill in your urine long before your creatinine changes or other kidney issues are apparent. Keep in mind, there could be acute reasons you protein spilling your urine and you should vet that out.

My nephrologist likes to run a microalbumin/creatinine ratio test if you are testing a random sample. A 24 hour urine screen would be quite effective as well as cystatin c blood test. Your base question is correct if you are using creatinine for a eGFR you will have protein in your urine, at times, a decade before creatinine shows a major issue (thus impacting eGFR). As for blood tests cystatin c will give you an earlier look at subtle changes in kidney function as well.

The microalbumin/creatine ratio measures the tiny amounts of albumin that the body begins to release into the urine several years before significant kidney damage becomes apparent. Albumin, a protein produced in the liver, is present in high concentrations in the blood, but when the kidneys are functioning properly, virtually no albumin is allowed to leak through into the urine. Creatinine, a byproduct of muscle metabolism, is usually excreted into the urine on a consistent basis. Creatinine's level in the urine is relatively stable. Since the concentration (or dilution) of urine varies throughout the day, this property of creatinine allows the measurement to be used as a corrective factor in random/spot urine samples.
Thanks! But my doc said when blood creatinine is high, its to late.
Ill ask for these paramaters, there are my results. First one is protein in urine excreted

Attachments

• 1BB56ACD-2368-4D78-A9C8-AACFB888D3F2.jpeg
    1BB56ACD-2368-4D78-A9C8-AACFB888D3F2.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 26
Thanks! But my doc said when blood creatinine is high, its to late.
Ill ask for these paramaters, there are my results. First one is protein in urine excreted
Correct. The microalbumin/creatinine test I was referring to is a MUCH more sensitive urine test that measures tiny amounts of protein in your urine and it's far more accurate than the standard protein dipstick test. So yes I agree with you...urine tests tell a lot. The basic one you complete but take it to the next level and do microalbumin/creatinine spot urine test, or a 24 hour urine screen, and/or cystatin c.

But, yes, that is correct a BLOOD creatinine test is good to look at trends over time but not a sensitive marker and you should use other methods if you have concerns of kidney issues that are still in the beginning stages.

My protein in urine number was the highest my nephrologist had ever seen when I finally went to get things looked at due to bloating. The disease is called Membranous Neuropathy, and it results in your kidneys protein filters not working well, if at all. All my kidney numbers, other than my protein in urine, are within range and have always been. MN is treated as an auto immune disease and can be caused by primary or secondary sources. Tests indicated mine was caused by Lupus (secondary) but I had zero other markers for Lupus and after extensive and thorough retesting it was determined that my case is Primary.

Be sure to use the search function regarding information about the kidneys. There's a lot of information on that subject and many others!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear