over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

kids and creatine, protein and AAS

alan1973

Kilo Klub Member
I have 2 beautiful girls both under 8 years old. as like most fathers I am a hero to them. and the fact that I am a weightlifter enhances that with them. they want to be just like me (to a point). lately I have been making my protien shakes into frosty shakes, I let my girls try it and they LOVE it. my only concern is one ingrediant that is in it, Creatine. but there is only about 1-2 grams per 12 oz serving and these girls can't drink more than 6 oz because they get full from it so fast.
at these low levels, does anyone think it would be so bad to let them have the occasional shake?

one other concern I also have is that, one day my kids might get into my stash of anavar, masteron, winny or primo (pretty much the only orals will I ever have on hand). Although I doubt this will happen, what could happen if they do this?

on a side note:
I have already heard stories of parents giving their boys and girls mild amounts of AAS to give them the edge (a friend in weisbaden, germany told me about it). don't these folks know of the long term affects?
Of course, I do know that some steroids are given to children with growth issues but have no ideas which types, but either way, giving this stuff to a normal, healthy child just sounds outrageous!

Last but not least, I would like to know what OTC supps would be ok for my children and at which ages. I really can't find anything online, and most sites that do talk about it say to have children avoid GNC (and the like) like the plague. Your viewpoints?

alan1973 said:
I have 2 beautiful girls both under 8 years old. as like most fathers I am a hero to them. and the fact that I am a weightlifter enhances that with them. they want to be just like me (to a point). lately I have been making my protien shakes into frosty shakes, I let my girls try it and they LOVE it. my only concern is one ingrediant that is in it, Creatine. but there is only about 1-2 grams per 12 oz serving and these girls can't drink more than 6 oz because they get full from it so fast.
at these low levels, does anyone think it would be so bad to let them have the occasional shake?

one other concern I also have is that, one day my kids might get into my stash of anavar, masteron, winny or primo (pretty much the only orals will I ever have on hand). Although I doubt this will happen, what could happen if they do this?

on a side note:
I have already heard stories of parents giving their boys and girls mild amounts of AAS to give them the edge (a friend in weisbaden, germany told me about it). don't these folks know of the long term affects?
Of course, I do know that some steroids are given to children with growth issues but have no ideas which types, but either way, giving this stuff to a normal, healthy child just sounds outrageous!

Last but not least, I would like to know what OTC supps would be ok for my children and at which ages. I really can't find anything online, and most sites that do talk about it say to have children avoid GNC (and the like) like the plague. Your viewpoints?
G'day Alan, I'll work backwards here. my take on "Parents" giving their children AAS is probably not fit to publish here!! I mean really what are these %^#$ING idiots thinking???? They should not be parents!! The long term effects of any dose mild or otherwise is dangerous. Is there such thing as mild dose??? really?? I doubt it. AS for over the counter supps I think a good kids multivitamin is all they would need. maybe some added vit c for immune function but that's about it. Make sure they understand the importance of proper eating from a very young age and that on the odd occassion Micky D's is ok! It is about balance in their young lives. A good balance of proper nutrition, and exercise both physical and mental. As they get older they will then be able to understand how important it is to maintain this philosophy throughout their lives. Now as for your protein drink.....tell them to make their own....this shit is expensive. Tell em to go out and get jobs so they can support your bad habits.....LOL, Only joking mate!!! Of course it's ok to let them have a sip now and again!! LOL still. There is nothing in there that will hurt them in any way. So long as you tell them what it's for and why they should not have too much. Sounds like you have a great relationship going on with your girls, Very refreshing to hear. God bless the little ones! Have fun with em and tell them how much you love them every day. They will grow up all too soon. Cheers!

oldfella said:
G'day Alan, I'll work backwards here. my take on "Parents" giving their children AAS is probably not fit to publish here!! I mean really what are these %^#$ING idiots thinking???? They should not be parents!! The long term effects of any dose mild or otherwise is dangerous. Is there such thing as mild dose??? really?? I doubt it. AS for over the counter supps I think a good kids multivitamin is all they would need. maybe some added vit c for immune function but that's about it. Make sure they understand the importance of proper eating from a very young age and that on the odd occassion Micky D's is ok! It is about balance in their young lives. A good balance of proper nutrition, and exercise both physical and mental. As they get older they will then be able to understand how important it is to maintain this philosophy throughout their lives. Now as for your protein drink.....tell them to make their own....this shit is expensive. Tell em to go out and get jobs so they can support your bad habits.....LOL, Only joking mate!!! Of course it's ok to let them have a sip now and again!! LOL still. There is nothing in there that will hurt them in any way. So long as you tell them what it's for and why they should not have too much. Sounds like you have a great relationship going on with your girls, Very refreshing to hear. God bless the little ones! Have fun with em and tell them how much you love them every day. They will grow up all too soon. Cheers!
You got that right, seems just last year i was allowing them to burp and throw up all over my back (now that's love!). They definately get an earful all the time about good food habits, and my oldest shows it. she loves her veggies. and if she doesn't like something, she eats it 'cuz she knows it's good for her (and she makes sure everyone knows too, "i don't like this...but I know it's good for me so I will tough it out", not an exact quote, she usually says this in Japanese. I try to keep snack foods out, so that helps as well. they take their vitamins too.
thanks for the reply. I appreciate it!

i would definetly keep your meds locked up or high above where your kids can reach and hidden.

With two girls of mine own (3 & 8) I can relate to the protein shake thing. Absolutely I think it is ok to share with them. My parents made me drink them when I was a kid. I hated them then but I think it made a big difference in where I am at today as a BB. Kids almost never get the amount of protein they should. AS, lock them up and never let them see. If you make sure they get the right macro nutrients now they will thank you later. I will make shakes for them but usually with only half or 1 scoop.

I have a 12yr old girl that drinks about 20grams of protein after our weekend workouts.She loves to workout and play sports and knows from experience how much proper nutrution affects her performance.

I have girls that are 6 & 10, I don't have them on a certain protein protocol, but they both get alot of protein in their diet just because it's easier to cook for me and everyone eat it rather than cooking separate meals all the time to meet my needs. My 10 year old is an avid soccer player and actually runs on the elliptical to help keep her stamina up, the 6 year old does gymnastics. I have them both on multi vitamins and keep their diet as clean as possible. Friday is our eat out night so all bets are off, mickey d's or golden corral most weeks. My only concern is that they end up with too low of body fat at such a young age. I am not sure if it can have adverse effects or not?? Is there a such thing as too much exercise for a young lady?

I've got my 10 yr old on 500mg sus and she's rockin! Just kidding, like you didn't know that one. I'd lock shit up for sure. As long as my shakes are protein supplementary and just vitamins I let my daughter have some. Anything other than food in shake form and I'll make ice cream and milk shakes for her. They just like drinking the shake with dad. I do have her doing Hindu squats,push ups, sit ups and hopping exercises for softball and she's happy as hell to see muscle sprouting. Still can't get her off Ramen noodles though.

I always have to have an alternative shake for my kids. mine look too good to a 5 and 2 year old (the 5 month old is just mesmerized by the sound of the blender) but I'm paranoid about giving them some. I usually just blend them up some milk and frozen fruit instead.

this has turned into a cool thread. I love the feedback I am getting on this subject.

Alan, I have been meaning to ask this question for a long time. I usually put about half a scoop in my girls drinks. It's usually when they pull one of there I am not hungry at dinner but I am starving now that its bedtime stunts. My girls are 3 and 5 and the feeling of being there hero is probably one of the best things in life.
I have a question for everyone with kids. How do your children compare to you and your wife physically. For example- My oldest daughter is physically a exact clone of me but mentally all my wife. My youngest is built exactly like my wife but her personality is all me. It makes me wonder how you can genetically pass on personality traits.

pdogg7 said:
Alan, I have been meaning to ask this question for a long time. I usually put about half a scoop in my girls drinks. It's usually when they pull one of there I am not hungry at dinner but I am starving now that its bedtime stunts. My girls are 3 and 5 and the feeling of being there hero is probably one of the best things in life.
I have a question for everyone with kids. How do your children compare to you and your wife physically. For example- My oldest daughter is physically a exact clone of me but mentally all my wife. My youngest is built exactly like my wife but her personality is all me. It makes me wonder how you can genetically pass on personality traits.

Behavior wise, my oldest is just like me, I know what she's going to do before she does. My youngest is more like my wife, very sneaky and too smart for her own good sometimes. Physically/activities they are both like me and can't stand to be cooped up inside, whereas my wife is more of a home body. Hence the reason I am the soccer coach and she maintains the snack assignments for games!!! God I hope she doesn't read this.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws