advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kind of odd, has this ever happened to anybody?

bloodshed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was at the gym a couple of hours ago doing my leg presses. It was feeling pretty light, so I loaded up the max I could fit on the machine and start going. Now, I typically do quad injections as I use slin pins and for some reason I have always preferred doing quads. but because I'm running test e, tren e and test suspension, I end up doing 3 injections on days like today. The point of that was to mention that my left quad was a bit sore from doing these. I always had a fear that when I train legs, particularly hack squats or leg press, something odd was going to happen in the spot that I do my injections. Well, today something odd happened. As I was doing the negative portion of my 4th or 5th rep I heard a crackling sound and felt a little bit of pain. I quickly re-racked the weight and checked it out, fearing it could have been a tear. However, I had no issues with movement, no bruising, and the pain had subsided. As of right now, there is still no bruising or lack of range of motion. It is a little bit sore, but that's it. Could I have broken up scar tissue? So far, that is the only thing that makes sense. Has this happened to anybody else? thanks.

Also, sorry if I was rambling a bit and this story is going back and forth. I wasn't sure the best way to word it.

I've done that before...possibly a small muscle tear...which heals quick..different than a ruptured tendon...not really a huge deal...just take a week or so off from legs...and dont inject in that quad for a while...or it could be nothing...ive had the brusing show up two weeks later...though

how do you end up doing 3 injections a day just for gear?

ouch if thats just in the quad

Last edited:
how do you end up doing 3 injections a day just for gear?

ouch if thats just in the quad

Im using the slin pins so theyre only 1cc. Monday/thursday I inject 1cc of test E and 1cc of tren E. On workout days I also inject 50mg of test suspension pre workout. with the slin pins it comes out to 3 injections on mondays. The funny thing is, this happened to my left quad, but my right quad is the one I did 2 injections in to.

I've done that before...possibly a small muscle tear...which heals quick..different than a ruptured tendon...not really a huge deal...just take a week or so off from legs...and dont inject in that quad for a while...or it could be nothing...ive had the brusing show up two weeks later...though

Right now it is just a little tender to the touch and a bit sore. not nearly as bad as when I was using dynasty 400 though. Im thinking in about 2 days It wont be more than a background thought.

do you feel your getting deep enough into the muscle with a slin pin?

do you feel your getting deep enough into the muscle with a slin pin?

Yeah, I don't hold too much fat in my legs. I can actually feel the point when the pin goes through muscle, and im getting the majority of the pin into the muscle.

Yeah, I don't hold too much fat in my legs. I can actually feel the point when the pin goes through muscle, and im getting the majority of the pin into the muscle.

Ive heard of this before too...if it's not a small tear, which it sounds like it isn't, (no bruising or pain) then it could have been a sterile abscess popping when the muscle got pumped around it. Glad you're fine though.

I had the exact thing happen to me at least one time. I had injected my quad about 3 days prior and it was a bit swollen in the injection site area. WHen I was doing squats with about 455 I heard a very loud ripping sounds like someone tearing a t-shirt. It was so loud that a guy across the room came over to see if I was ok. He thought my lifting pants had ripped! The sound happened at the bottom of the movement when the quad is all stetched out. I was able to come back up though and rack it. I had immediate pain though and could barely walk. The pain all came from the injection site. I had no bruising ever though, no blood. It hurt really bad for about 1 week and I took 2 weeks off legs. After that I was fine.

I think I tore the fascia that goes around the muscle, that would explain the sound. There isnt much blood supply to the fascia either so that could explain no bruise. Perhaps you tore yours but not as bad as I did mine.

I had the exact thing happen to me at least one time. I had injected my quad about 3 days prior and it was a bit swollen in the injection site area. WHen I was doing squats with about 455 I heard a very loud ripping sounds like someone tearing a t-shirt. It was so loud that a guy across the room came over to see if I was ok. He thought my lifting pants had ripped! The sound happened at the bottom of the movement when the quad is all stetched out. I was able to come back up though and rack it. I had immediate pain though and could barely walk. The pain all came from the injection site. I had no bruising ever though, no blood. It hurt really bad for about 1 week and I took 2 weeks off legs. After that I was fine.

I think I tore the fascia that goes around the muscle, that would explain the sound. There isnt much blood supply to the fascia either so that could explain no bruise. Perhaps you tore yours but not as bad as I did mine.

that is also possible. as of right now, there is no bruising or swelling. There is minor pain, but only when I put a lot of weight on it, flex it hard, or am standing in an awkward position. It's really no worse than a somewhat painful injection.

It happened again...

After the first time it happened, it was sore the next 2 days, but after that there was nothing. Today it happened again. I was squatting this time though. I did my warm ups up to 405 which were pretty easy and showed no problems. I stepped it up to 495 for my working set, and when I was in the bottom position, I heard the crackling again, but continued to lift the full rep on my own fairly easily (spartan gear is amazing) and then racked it. There was no soreness, unless I put weight on it. I can fully bend it, I even did the DC quad stretch afterwards without issue Only when I get into the car, walk up and down stairs, and go in a squat position on my heels do I feel the soreness.

This is starting to become fairly annoying. It is only happening on my left leg, although my right leg is the only one that actually gets sore. What should I do to prevent this? I know the right answer is to probably use different injection spots for a while, but I'm not as comfortable doing any other spots on my own and I'd prefer not to ask anybody else for help if I don't have to.

Any suggestions? has anybody tried subQ shots possibly?

if you ALWAYS shoot quads you are building up scar tissue, even with a slin pin

Just take a break from shooting quads, if using a slin pin you can easily hit delts, biceps, triceps, calves, traps. I'd stay away from glutes / lats as the pin likely wont get deep enough

get some depp tissue massage, or do it yourself, or use something like a trigger wheel to help break up the scar tissue that is currently in your quads

if you ALWAYS shoot quads you are building up scar tissue, even with a slin pin

Just take a break from shooting quads, if using a slin pin you can easily hit delts, biceps, triceps, calves, traps. I'd stay away from glutes / lats as the pin likely wont get deep enough

get some depp tissue massage, or do it yourself, or use something like a trigger wheel to help break up the scar tissue that is currently in your quads

Thanks, I had a feeling that was the case. Now I'm going to start debating where to shoot now.

I try to avoid shooting quads the day before or on the day Im going to train legs.
I seem to get lots of bad shots latelly on legs that tend to hurt for 3-4 days after and hitting heavy squats the same day only makes things worst for me.
I dont know what it is but when I hit glutes or shoulders never an issue. Maybe cause legs are pretty lean and with lots of nerves and veins?

Why do you do 2 in 1 leg and 1 in the other outta curiousity? Hope you heal up quick buddy!

Why do you do 2 in 1 leg and 1 in the other outta curiousity? Hope you heal up quick buddy!

Ive always shot quads, so I didn't know any other way to split them up without hitting other muscles, which I'm going to start doing. I have literally no soreness right now. It's crazy to me how this happens, and the next day its like nothing,

it's not sticking a needle into a muscle that causes scar tissue, it's the hormone itself you are injecting into the muscle. the solvents and the hormone crystallizing will cause tissue damage, which is the cause of the soreness people experience post injection, and the body reacts to the damaged tissue by repairing it like any other damaged tissue. if you cause repeated injury (using same injection spot) or enough trauma it will form scar tissue.

think about it, if merely sticking a needle into your skin would give you scar tissue, every diabetic and hgh user would have scar tissue all over their stomach. sticking a needle into your tissue is not enough trauma to cause scar tissue.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws