over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kinetic Tremor (Essential Tremor)

Samson250

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Has anyone dealt with this or something similar?

Yes, I experience these as a side effect of taking Depakote to control my epilepsy. Some days are awful but generally if I focus I can control it.

I have essential tremor, before covid struck I was prescribed 120 mg of propranolol...it lowered my BP but didn't help the tremor..I am going back to DR. as their is room to up the dose to 240 or 320 mg dose..mine is mostly left hand and I have good and bad days..I have had it about 15 years but only had it checked and diagnosed around last January. What is happening with yours?

Yes, I experience these as a side effect of taking Depakote to control my epilepsy. Some days are awful but generally if I focus I can control it.
I’m taking Depakote currently for Bi Polar type 2 treatment.

I have essential tremor, before covid struck I was prescribed 120 mg of propranolol...it lowered my BP but didn't help the tremor..I am going back to DR. as their is room to up the dose to 240 or 320 mg dose..mine is mostly left hand and I have good and bad days..I have had it about 15 years but only had it checked and diagnosed around last January. What is happening with yours?
It started a few months ago and would last 45 min to an hour but is becoming more frequent and severe each time probably due to higher stress levels lately, caffeine in excess and lack of quality sleep.

I had bloodwork taken today and see a neurologist first thing in the morning to rule out any other possibilities. The main concern is it’s causing me balance problems.

I haven't had balance problems with it, good luck with the doc

you guys ever get dizzy associated with the tremors? Years ago as a young man deployed , i would get the tremors in my right leg. It would shake bad. Now its my tri cep Just spasms shakes then goes away

Everyone should have a little tremor and definitely caffeine should amplify this. I don't have much knowledge with this though. I do recall a spine/nerve pain patient who would have such bad tremors he would nearly fall down the steps. He would have to sit on the steps mid way through. Long story short he did a bunch of testing and then eventually did physical therapy and realized that the tremors were not from the nerve issue but from him being scared on the stairs following his injury. No one really could figure out that he was insecure about his own strength on the stairs and this manifolded in him shaking. I don't think this relates to the OPs issue but is still something I always think of when I think of tremors.

Has anyone dealt with this or something similar?

I get tremors daily, worse at times during exertion and anxiety; but is caused by the immunosuppressant medication I am on for life. Many meds or med combos can cause this and as m2m mentioned, Depakote is one of them. I'm not sure if this is a new medication for you or if the dose has increased lately, but it could also be addition of tren or something else excitatory that is making it happen. I tried propanalol like strummer but instead of doing anything for the tremors it made me into a zombie with no motivation or will to do anything but sit on my ass.

I get tremors daily, worse at times during exertion and anxiety; but is caused by the immunosuppressant medication I am on for life. Many meds or med combos can cause this and as m2m mentioned, Depakote is one of them. I'm not sure if this is a new medication for you or if the dose has increased lately, but it could also be addition of tren or something else excitatory that is making it happen. I tried propanalol like strummer but instead of doing anything for the tremors it made me into a zombie with no motivation or will to do anything but sit on my ass.
Ive had the depakote script 3 years and we did recently increase it. The tremors had already started and my dose went from 1 pill daily to twice daily.
i started to notice the tremors about the same time I started a low dose combination of test E, Tren and gh. I stopped everything at first then started again with just test then tren then gh to see if I noticed any changes but they continued to happen and progress regardless.
I know my triggers are caffeine, stress and anxiety. There’s also a correlation with my daily Kratom doses being followed by tremors.
Your right though it could still be any of the things you guys have mentioned. Bloodwork is processing and neurologist this am. Hopefully we narrow it down. The Dr wouldn’t let me return to work until they know and the balance issue concerns him a lot.

Thank you guys! A lot! I feel a lot better knowing you’ve experienced it and figured out a way to move on with your life.
I’ll update later after the diagnosis.

Saw the neurologist today who confirmed it wasn’t due to any physical factors but said it definitely needs to be addressed. Great! He was an old guy and said look I don’t prescribe what you need I would just recommend double or triple you current depakote dose but I’ll send you back to your primary to figure something out.

primary nurse called to confirm I saw the neurologist and freaked out when I said he’s sending me back to them. After a lot of back and forth calls they said ok we will call you tomorrow to set you up with a different dr (probably one who will write a script). Meanwhile don’t go to work. Sucks.

Am I missing something here? Are these dr.s so afraid to write a script? They know I will need it to function let alone work as anything but a Walmart greeter.

Neurologist took more blood to check ammonia and depakote level currently in my blood. Bloodwork from my primary yesterday came back fine. Liver enz little high but of no concern. BP a tad high. All the usual suspects of low dose hrt.

To be continued

My epileptologist referred me to a neurologist who then prescribed me high dosed CBD medical marijuana. It didn't help with siezures but it calmed down the tremors quite a bit. I would bet real $$ that your issue stems from increased depakote dosage, as that is when mine started. Keep us updated brother.

I’m 48 and have had them since early 30s - my dad has it. My neurologist said it’s genetic
My 19 year old nephew shakes more than I do.
Unless you’re having other issues with it - it’s harmless
Sometimes it can be embarrassing especially when pouring water and your whole arm is furiously shaking

I’m 48 and have had them since early 30s - my dad has it. My neurologist said it’s genetic
My 19 year old nephew shakes more than I do.
Unless you’re having other issues with it - it’s harmless
Sometimes it can be embarrassing especially when pouring water and your whole arm is furiously shaking
It increases in times of stress and anxiety and I lose balance. My employer said they would put me wherever or behind a desk if needed but I like the work I was doing and the physicality. It’s my goal to be able to do it again.

First visit with Psychiatrist set for Thursday and I’m really hopeful he can get me back out in the field again. With medication and coaching it might be possible.

Neurologist had my blood tested for depakote level and ammonia. My Ammonia came back high and he thought it was the Depakote but my Primary knew it was “something else” and asked me to come visit him to talk about it. He just asked what I thought about the results and I said retest it in 3-4 weeks and it will be significantly lower or normal. In other words let me stop taking shit. He was cool about it and didn’t ask any questions.

Psychiatrist recommended and I’m starting:

Continued Depakote 250 x2 daily
propranolol x3 daily
Quetiapine (Seroquel) x1 daily at bedtime

Everything I’ve learned along with most of these drugs someone has mentioned in this thread. Depakote increase likely the trigger as stated. Propranolol a possible solution but didn’t work for him.
I’m just getting into the research of what these medications are and what it ultimately means to my lifestyle. Most important thing is getting myself together so not taking anything not prescribed by a doctor in the foreseeable future. I hope these medications don’t mean the end of the road for me.

thanks again for all your insight on this and for taking the time to post earlier guys.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131