over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Knee Injury

Whats your age? Do you do anything competitive still?

I'm 24 years old.

Trainings been bodybuilding related for the past 7-8 years, recently picked up jiu jitsu. Wanted to get a year or so in before competing in grappling tournaments.

I've got a bit of chondromalacia under the patella; probably from the heavy squats and leg press, but doc wasn't concerned with that.

I'm 24 years old.

Trainings been bodybuilding related for the past 7-8 years, recently picked up jiu jitsu. Wanted to get a year or so in before competing in grappling tournaments.

I've got a bit of chondromalacia under the patella; probably from the heavy squats and leg press, but doc wasn't concerned with that.

If you were older and without much degeneration then I wouldn't worry about trying to repair the meniscus. But at your age, you may want to reconsider on the meniscus considering in order to avoid a total knee at a young age. However, it really depend on what part is torn and how big the tear is. If it is a small area then he can just clean it up.

If you were older and without much degeneration then I wouldn't worry about trying to repair the meniscus. But at your age, you may want to reconsider on the meniscus considering in order to avoid a total knee at a young age. However, it really depend on what part is torn and how big the tear is. If it is a small area then he can just clean it up.

It's the pretty much the entire lateral side of the meniscus. Complete tear, he said he'd know more detailed after scoping it, MRIs won't show it completely, but some views show completely detachment with flap flipped. Medial side has the perfect triangle, lateral side has a giant gap with the flap present.

His thoughts were that blood supply is better when doing this repair with ACL reconstruction, and better chance for recovery. I just have a feeling I'm going to tear it again if I pivot wrong or get heel hooked bad.

A conversation I'm going to have in a few months with him. The ACL doesn't even present any pain, but the meniscus I can feel with flexion, and the tightness in the knee.

I thought it might be worth updating on this.

I started using BPC 2.5 weeks ago; I really rolled the dice on this, as I don't know if this is going to cause any excess scar tissue build up. Rehabbed aggressively alongside it though, lots of ROM exercises, and one leg stability movements, I sometimes sit in front of the TV and rehab for 1+ hour.

I'm a little over 6 weeks post injury. I have full extension of my knee, and about 90% flexion back.

I'm able to walk normally, run up stairs, and pretty much do everything I was able to normally. Lightly jogged a mile a couple days ago with no issues. Have started squatting lightly again, bulgarian split squats, stiff deads.

The only painful part is the meniscus (which is macerated laterally). The last 10 degrees of flexion where you heel comes close to your ass is what's tight and hurts. Also got these 2 fun baker's cysts behind my knee that stick out if I over do it with activity, and can be a bit painful.

I don't think I'd progress this fast with recovery if I wasn't using BPC, it made a dramatic difference. My leg was stuck at an angle for 4 days, and I was on crutches for almost 2 weeks, so very thankful right now.

With that being said, I think it's best to not mess with this stuff post op, I'm in a situation where I can't get surgery until later this year, and even then it's going to be a decision based upon limitations in activity (when I start doing BJJ again).

I started using BPC 2.5 weeks ago; I really rolled the dice on this, as I don't know if this is going to cause any excess scar tissue build up. Rehabbed aggressively alongside it though, lots of ROM exercises, and one leg stability movements, I sometimes sit in front of the TV and rehab for 1+ hour.

I'm a little over 6 weeks post injury. I have full extension of my knee, and about 90% flexion back.

I'm able to walk normally, run up stairs, and pretty much do everything I was able to normally. Lightly jogged a mile a couple days ago with no issues. Have started squatting lightly again, bulgarian split squats, stiff deads.

The only painful part is the meniscus (which is macerated laterally). The last 10 degrees of flexion where you heel comes close to your ass is what's tight and hurts. Also got these 2 fun baker's cysts behind my knee that stick out if I over do it with activity, and can be a bit painful.

I don't think I'd progress this fast with recovery if I wasn't using BPC, it made a dramatic difference. My leg was stuck at an angle for 4 days, and I was on crutches for almost 2 weeks, so very thankful right now.

With that being said, I think it's best to not mess with this stuff post op, I'm in a situation where I can't get surgery until later this year, and even then it's going to be a decision based upon limitations in activity (when I start doing BJJ again).

My guess is that you still have some inflammation in the knee that hasn't completely resolved that may not be visible, but is preventing the last little bit of ROM. It probably will come in the next couple of weeks. You may find that everything is normal enough that surgery isn't worth it.

did you inject in or around the knee/injury? tell us about your protocol if you don't mind.

did you inject in or around the knee/injury? tell us about your protocol if you don't mind.

Around the patella, and behind the Knee, sub Q. I've read about guys winging intra-articular injections, but I don't have that kind of risk tolerance. Even my grandma's ortho used an ultrasound machine for her hyalauric injections

250 mcg, twice a day

I should probably add: My ACL is fully ruptured, and half my meniscus is gone, no peptide or healing compound is fixing that, only surgery can. But it's liveable for now. There's a lot of pseudo-science weird stuff out there about ACL's healing themselves back, depending on what grade the tear is, it ain't coming back and anteriorly avascular tissue mostly so blood supply is pretty bad in there too.

BPC helped a lot with the MCL and LCL tear as they were smaller, and overall reduction of swelling and inflammation.

God I wish we had better funding for stem cell research in this country.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131