over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

KNEE PAIN AND BUILDING QUADS

GDADDYG8

Registered
So always LOVED pushing myself under a heavy bar. Squatting. Fantasize about hitting a new 5 rep PR with a goal in mind to make before the end of the offseason.

I tried GH for the first time from Toptopshop and got the typical side effects. Hand numbness, wrist and knee pain. As I was deep into offseason knee tendon below the knee cap started hurting.

It comes and goes today. I haven’t used GH in sometime. In a maintenance phase after bodybuilding contest cruising on test P 300 mg per week and getting back into serious weight training.

Do you guys think knee wraps just reduce the pain and not really help the weakened tendon? Or does it help strengthen the joint and allow you to train safely?

Anyone else struggle with this? How did you work around it and still punish your legs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Peter's mentioned he was going away from wraps because the take away from lifts, make them easier. Maybe Ktape? I'm in a similar situation, and will definitely be following

I don’t think any B.B. should use wraps.

I think all should use sleeves with every working set of a compound move

Box squats and rear foot elevated split squats on the smith come to mind

Patella tendonitis.

Emphasize stretching the quads, hams, glutes, ext. rotators, and calves.

Check your form. You could be rocking forward at some point during the squat. Video yourself squatting and observe the path of the barbell.

Voodoo floss, IASTM, stretch, etc.

Patella tendonitis.

Emphasize stretching the quads, hams, glutes, ext. rotators, and calves.

Check your form. You could be rocking forward at some point during the squat. Video yourself squatting and observe the path of the barbell.

Voodoo floss, IASTM, stretch, etc.

I second the voodoo floss. Look it up on youtube. It's really makes a huge difference, and very quickly.

I used sleeves for a while but I felt like my medialis was starting to become under developed? I started using CBD about 6 months ago and it has helped my joint pain big time. They still hurt sometimes but I am able to do lifts that would cause me a lot of pain in the past. Hack squats used to kill my knees, felt great, but my knees would hurt so bad the next few quad workouts that it would diminish what I could do in subsequent workouts.

In addition to stretching the quads and hip flexors, switching back to squatting in totally flat shoes helped my patellar tendonitis. Even the real mild heal lift in some of the squat shoes will really shift your alignment and load the tendon.

So always LOVED pushing myself under a heavy bar. Squatting. Fantasize about hitting a new 5 rep PR with a goal in mind to make before the end of the offseason.

I tried GH for the first time from Toptopshop and got the typical side effects. Hand numbness, wrist and knee pain. As I was deep into offseason knee tendon below the knee cap started hurting.

It comes and goes today. I haven’t used GH in sometime. In a maintenance phase after bodybuilding contest cruising on test P 300 mg per week and getting back into serious weight training.

Do you guys think knee wraps just reduce the pain and not really help the weakened tendon? Or does it help strengthen the joint and allow you to train safely?

Anyone else struggle with this? How did you work around it and still punish your legs?

I’ve had arthritic knees for 30 years. What helps most is oils and healthy fats. Olive oil and fish oil together in studies works great in reducing inflammation. Almonds, avocados. Deca

I use a lot of healthy fats. Avocado, EVOO, whole eggs, and almonds everyday. I don’t stretch and will use my knee sleeves. Maybe try box squatting for a while. I appreciate all the advice!!!!

I use a lot of healthy fats. Avocado, EVOO, whole eggs, and almonds everyday. I don’t stretch and will use my knee sleeves. Maybe try box squatting for a while. I appreciate all the advice!!!!

Another good movement is Trap bar dead’s. Depending on handle use. More quad dominant than regular dead’s and doesn’t irritate the knees

I've suffered from knee isssues every so often, thing that really helped me is to ensure that my quads, hams, and pelvic tilt/hip flexors are nice and warmed up before heavy leg work. Best protocol is to sit under the leg press with a plate on each side and let the weight of the foot pad come towards your chest as to stretch out the afore-mentioned muscles. Repeat at least 10-12 reps. Also... ensure that your knees are sliding past your shoulders at an angle, do not have the knees come to the chest which would limit the stretch of the hip flexors and hammies. Hold the weight with your knees past your shoulders for a 3-4 negative and feel the the stretch. I would typically pyramid up my weight on the leg press, while super-setting with goblin-squats, t-bar squats, weight belt squats, all these variations allow me to focus on my squat form while keeping my knees warm. Simple things to try, but effective, wearing training tights seems to keep my entire leg warm, knee sleeves over the tights ensures that the knees are very warm, and blood circulation is high. You can literally touch the difference in temp of your knees wearing those two items in conjunction. Price you gotta pay as we age. Have to train smart and take precautions yet, trying to hit those PR's:) and even still, age isn't the limitation, it's intelligent training that ensures longevity.

This stuck out to me... I have the same issue.

More reps, less weight.

This stuck out to me... I have the same issue.

More reps, less weight.

Yes. I could work out every week with reps in the range of 8 to 12, but dropping down to 6 or less I would need to do that only maybe once a month otherwise knee pain would start to creep in. Even when I did 12 reps or so I would use about 455 lbs to squat. Leg press heavy too. Its all relative to your strength level. Cycle the reps and don't go low rep too often. Form matters too as others have mentioned.

I always wore knee wraps if I was going over 405.

GH and GH secretagogues were the thing that actually ended up resolving my patellar tendonosis

GH and GH secretagogues were the thing that actually ended up resolving my patellar tendonosis
Like cured it? Which ones? How much???

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Don't know if this will help but here goes.
I never had knee pain and I used to squat heavy weights for a long time. Started training at another gym and started getting knee pain all of the sudden...
Didn't know what was wrong...

After a while I changed gym again and the knee pain was gone...

Recently I went back to the same gym as I got the knee pain again and my knees started hurting after a leg workout. It was the leg extension machine that was the culprit!

Used knee sleeves a while just because it kept the joints warm, this fucked up my knees as well.

In addition to stretching the quads and hip flexors, switching back to squatting in totally flat shoes helped my patellar tendonitis. Even the real mild heal lift in some of the squat shoes will really shift your alignment and load the tendon.

This and sleeves. I wont do legs in anything but my converse and Spud Inc has some great sleeves at a reasonable price. I dont know if its a mind thing but using the sleeves just makes everything feel stronger, secure. It may just be in my head but it works for me.

Bpc-157 250mcg-500mcg per day with hgh.

Bpc upregulates gh receptors in tendon fibroblasts. Also NPP or deca 200mg week or so.

Do leg work in chucks. Always start leg day with ham curls and a couple pump sets of leg extensions.

Keep rep range higher. Focus on volume and metabolic stress to Ellict growth. Try cluster sets, resting 30 seconds between sets, higher range rest pause.

Example: leg press where your first failure point is 20...the next will be 11-12,
The last will be 5-6 reps

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner