YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Knee pain when squatting , Patellar tendinitis??

Foam rolling(or better yet large pvc pipe) and lots of quad stretching can be very helpful

i get that but on the bottom of the knee cap.... driving gets to be terrible after 30 min... i haven't seen the doc yet about mine as it went away after 3-4 weeks the past few times, but i just re hurt it.... my pops gave me one of these little brace things and for the under the knee cap pain, it works pretty dam good for the driving and normal day stuff..... not sure about the top of the cap pain but its a pretty cheap help if it works too

Attachments

• seekingtag-adjustable-jumper-s-knee-strap-band-premium-quality-choice-for-knee-pain-sufferers-g.jpeg
    seekingtag-adjustable-jumper-s-knee-strap-band-premium-quality-choice-for-knee-pain-sufferers-g.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Started stretching couple day's ago and had a deep tissue massage on both legs today and i can definitely feel a difference. I didn't realize how tight i had gotten from not properly stretching like i was use to for a coupe years.
Invested in a rumble roller as well as a piece of 6" heavy wall CPVC pipe so i can start rolling them out.

so now my question is , how the hell do you roll your quads out without crushing your dick??
i guess i gotta invest in some tight ass underwear.!!

Thanks for all the input , i was definitely given some direction that inwas even looking in , hopefully this solves the issue.

Started stretching couple day's ago and had a deep tissue massage on both legs today and i can definitely feel a difference. I didn't realize how tight i had gotten from not properly stretching like i was use to for a coupe years.
Invested in a rumble roller as well as a piece of 6" heavy wall CPVC pipe so i can start rolling them out.

so now my question is , how the hell do you roll your quads out without crushing your dick??

Thanks for all the input , i was definitely given some direction that inwas even looking in , hopefully this solves the issue.

The front of the quads don't need nearly as much rolling as the it band area

simple. just tuck it under like trannys do.:D all kiddings aside, you can roll them 1 leg at a time. as for regaining your knee health(the permanent solution), you gotta relearn your squatting mechanics. I've seen your pics(damn you're huge), is it me or do you have short torso and long femur? if I'm right, then you'll always have disadvantage when it comes to free bar squat, as balance will always be an issue and you'll end up using lot more back and posterior chains(watch layne Norton squat). front squat will be a better alternative for you.
also it's important to know your natural hip range. watch this video... [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fob2wWEC72s&list=LLxEV58PJpZhoYN3L35_48Pg"]Squat School | Hip Structure and Squat Technique | JTSstrength.com - YouTube[/ame]
you'll likely be one of the two types. pick your style and work on getting full range. you'll need to rebuild those lower quads all the way down to knees and once they come up, you'll find your knees virtually pain free. how do I know this? seeing john meadows with those ridiculous vastus medialis never mentions knee pain, he never wraps them either. also from my personal experience and watching my clients, most people who feel knee pain during squat don't even feel quads while doing them.
so summary...;)
1. break muscle adhesions and regain tissue movements(actin/myosin crosslink)
2. choose right type of squat(front or back, your best stance)
3. get your ROM back
4. build back the muscles you may have lost due to injury(in this case, VM and probably gluteus medius as well)

there's been talks of knees taking the greatest amount of shear force when knees are at 90 degrees in squat, once it breaks parallel, hips and knees share the load making squats more safe.
good luck.

I roll each quad out individually so my crotch never comes in contact with the roller. I use the very end of the roller just enough to cover the quad, then do a bit of a balancing act to put all my weight on that one area.

https://youtu.be/EbgnAuJGApQ

It's a short and VERY bland 3 minute video on the issue I have and I'm 100% positive it's the same issue Pitbulltank is having as well. After watching this video it just made much more sense in my head about what was going on and where the inflammation was coming from.

do you have short torso and long femur? if I'm right, then you'll always have disadvantage when it comes to free bar squat, as balance will always be an issue and you'll end up using lot more back and posterior chains(watch layne Norton squat). front squat will be a better alternative for you.
also it's important to know your natural hip range. watch this video... Squat School | Hip Structure and Squat Technique | JTSstrength.com - YouTube
you'll likely be one of the two types. pick your style and work on getting full range. you'll need to rebuild those lower quads all the way down to knees and once they come up, you'll find your knees virtually pain free. how do I know this?
1. break muscle adhesions and regain tissue movements(actin/myosin crosslink)
2. choose right type of squat(front or back, your best stance)
3. get your ROM back
4. build back the muscles you may have lost due to injury(in this case, VM and probably gluteus medius as well)

there's been talks of knees taking the greatest amount of shear force when knees are at 90 degrees in squat, once it breaks parallel, hips and knees share the load making squats more safe.
good luck.

You are correct about lig femur , and I've always thought my lower sweep and tear drop were way under development for my upper quad. My whole life that I've worked out i have always done a full squat , physically impossible to go any lower and i was once told that was the reason for my quad imbalance
Granted this is an old pick from 2011 my legs have improved somein the lower section but this last 16-18 months i did very little leg training and none of the deep stretching i use to do my whole life.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/members-photos/70103-lower-quad-development.html

IMO, heavy leg extensions are a horrible idea.... I agree with everybody saying to pre exhaust with some light leg extensions, but I will say I noticed a huge difference in my squatting when I would hit some type of hamstring curls before getting into squatting or doing squats like somebody else said closer to the end of a leg session.... Also another thing to pay attention to is foot/leg positioning in the leg press and squats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Picked that up from JM and noticed a difference immediately. I'll also pre fatigue with high rep leg extensions/holds after the hamstring curls and only squat with weights at 15 reps or more

Picked that up from JM and noticed a difference immediately. I'll also pre fatigue with high rep leg extensions/holds after the hamstring curls and only squat with weights at 15 reps or more
Same here getting my hamstrings warmed up and pumped a bit made me feel so much better when I squat. Wish I would have done that when I was getting ready for my last powerlifting meet lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity