over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Knee sleeve for knee pain?

Hey guys, Ive had this on/off issue with my knees for some time now. The pain feels like I have a little pebble stuck under my knee cap and when I bend down 90 degree or more it hurts. I can walk around with no problem at all but as soon as I bend my legs I feel the pain. Every time I go to the gym I some cardio and stretching to warm up, then some leg extensions. So far no pain. When I hit usually machine squats or hack squats thats when I feel the pebble like pain. The upper half of the movement Im ok but when I go down to 90 or more it hurts a lot. Oddly enough I used to get it when I would do squats as well but if I do a set of leg extensions right before a set of squats, then no problem. Also sometimes when I feel the pain, I stop the exercise but if I wait 10-15 mins sometimes I back to 100%. I actually feel if I rub my knees with my hands, massage, between sets in help a little too. Any idea what it could be, tendonitis? It annoys the hell out of me because my legs are my weak point and I always go through these phases of weeks where I just can't do legs. My legs are really not strong so its not like Im doing 400lbs, I don't even do 225 for squats. I do do them ass to grass. Any idea what it could be and how to maybe remove the stress from the knees?

I have had the exact same issue for around 15 years in both knees. Sometimes its the right, sometimes the left. When its aggravated, its a bitch because even simple shit like sitting to tie your shoes hurts. I use a Rehaband sleeve and it makes a huge difference, but not enough to where I am comfortable to squat again.

Could be a tracking issue with the patella tendon. My pain is directly under the knee cap but the problem is with really upstream and more to do with weak hips and a tight IT band. I am getting tool work done to correct this plus specific exercises. I would get an assessment done. It wasn't that I had bad knees, I had "bad movement patterns."

This reply is spot on. The patella sits on top of the joint and glides along a groove. With musculature imbalance, most common being weak glute medius paired with responsively tight IT bands. This forces the patella to be off tracking and can cause the pain you describe. Corrective exercises, fascia work and self stretching can correct this, provided fracture, tear, injury has been ruled out.

If you need a sleeve during the interim treatment period, Rehbands are great

I will describe something else I find odd. Let say Im standing straight up and still. If I try to hit my ass with my heal, like a kickback. I feel more of a tightness in my right knee then my left one.Its as though there is a slight resistance.

Also Ive always found that guys like me have the worst probable physique to do squats. Most "big" squatters are like 4x4 trucks. Avg to short height, thick trunk/waist. Im 6'1, have a very narrow hips/waist (even at 14% BF Im 32 inches) and have long legs, as in a smaller torso to legs ratio. I think the avg 6'1 person probably has couple inches less in leg length and couple inches more in torso length then me. Consequently Ive always had small legs and that is exacerbated bc I have a on/off issue with my knee. So it looks like I skip leg days but I actually like doing them but I can't do them. Im going to try warming up more thoroughly, start with leg ext and hamstring curls to see if it works. If not I'll try the rehbands at $70 each (in Canada with shipping) and then try to get a referral for a doc. Again its an on off issue and I believe the more volume I do and the less I warm up the worse it gets. I was on deca for a couple months and stopped using it 3 weeks ago, lo and behold the problem is back.

This reply is spot on. The patella sits on top of the joint and glides along a groove. With musculature imbalance, most common being weak glute medius paired with responsively tight IT bands. This forces the patella to be off tracking and can cause the pain you describe. Corrective exercises, fascia work and self stretching can correct this, provided fracture, tear, injury has been ruled out.

If you need a sleeve during the interim treatment period, Rehbands are great

I don't think its a fracture or a tear because its on on off issue. I could literally feel a devastating pain and then take it easy for 10 mins and then be ok. Something I found that helped a little was stretching and massaging around the knee cap in between sets. If I would do a half assed squat and go down just 30-40 degree Im fine, once I go 90 or beyond it hits.

well I have the classic rehband knee sleeves, they help a lot... I have really bad knees.

I also start my leg days with hamstrings, and will only go into a squat movement once both my quads and hamstrings are totally pumped up.

hack squats always hurt my knees no matter how I do them.

other than that, I can't really offer too much input.

Regular hack squat machines fucking murder my knees..which sucks because I love the movement.

My knees have gotten better but I wrap anything 315 or over on squats and anything relatively heavy on leg press..this works better for me than wearing the knee sleeves the entire workout, which I used to do.

I used slingshot knee sleeves which I thought were well made.

I will describe something else I find odd. Let say Im standing straight up and still. If I try to hit my ass with my heal, like a kickback. I feel more of a tightness in my right knee then my left one.Its as though there is a slight resistance.

Also Ive always found that guys like me have the worst probable physique to do squats. Most "big" squatters are like 4x4 trucks. Avg to short height, thick trunk/waist. Im 6'1, have a very narrow hips/waist (even at 14% BF Im 32 inches) and have long legs, as in a smaller torso to legs ratio. I think the avg 6'1 person probably has couple inches less in leg length and couple inches more in torso length then me. Consequently Ive always had small legs and that is exacerbated bc I have a on/off issue with my knee. So it looks like I skip leg days but I actually like doing them but I can't do them. Im going to try warming up more thoroughly, start with leg ext and hamstring curls to see if it works. If not I'll try the rehbands at $70 each (in Canada with shipping) and then try to get a referral for a doc. Again its an on off issue and I believe the more volume I do and the less I warm up the worse it gets. I was on deca for a couple months and stopped using it 3 weeks ago, lo and behold the problem is back.

Skeletal stricture and size makes a difference. With your height, you would find benefit and growth by going lighter on the squat and slowing down. Use time under tension, keeping the energy of the squat in the belly of the muscle. Don't go all the way up, or all the way down. Do hangs at the bottom of the squat, do 10 x 10 for example. And incorporate more presses. Slow sets of 20, steady movement. Add a plate each set.

The pain with bending like you describe could be a little scar tissue causing intermittent, random pain and limit to range of motion

I've had every type of knee injury / pain going back to when I was in grammar school - and recently had the exact same symptoms you described. Sounds to me like you have Chondromalacia, which is wearing of the cartilage behind the knee. This is caused by an alignment issue plus normal wear and tear. Unfortunately, it never really heals - and the best you can do is manage it by correcting the alignment issue, wearing a brace, foam rolling, and taking some supplements like Omega 3s (need at least 3 grams to reduce pain and inflammation). I am in a similar boat but have it much worse. I'm currently experimenting with running some SARMs such as Ostarine and mk677 and taking some MSM / glucosamine to see if the combo aided the healing / recovery for cartilage) I've tried these individually with no luck but hoping taking them all at once will provide some relief. I'll let you know how it goes. For your case, try the brace and avoid any lifts which strain the patella. If you have to squat - try box squatting so you don't break parallel with lighter weights. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use Tommy Kono knee sleeves; they provide no support but keep my 50 year old chassis warm. I have aches but nothing that feels like a pebble in the joint.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws