over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Knees killing me during workout.

RepZZ

Registered
Newbies
I wrap them to stay tight and warm, use motrin. Anyone have this problem?

Yea age bro lol

It’s called arthritis bro, welcome to the club.

And tendinitis. Motrin and lots lots of warming up before going heavy.

I follow a few physical therapists on Instagram. They been showing some great exercises to strengthen the area. All I can tell you is stretch, stretch and more stretching. Also use bands before workouts, this has ease my pain.

Youtube assessments for hip and ankle mobility(internal/external rotation/inversion/eversion).
Deficits in either area can relay compensations up or down stream to the knee

They are 10 times worse once it gets cold. I wrap them, warm up but every year, it's worse. Wasn't sure if they made heated wraps or you guys used a medication protocol 1-2 hours before lifting. I do legs every 5 days and either squat or hack squat. I'm 51 and what worked last year isn't working this year. Thanks for the advices so far and anymore that comes. It's depressing......

This sounds stupid but ..

Try some isometric holds at about 70% on a leg extension machine at like 45 degrees. Hold a few sets for 45 seconds before doing your leg exercises.

Also not a bad idea to throw these in on days off.

Doing this is the only way I managed to heal patellar tendonitis/pain that persisted for over a year.

Absolutely. Old age sucks.
I can’t do near the weights I used to do.
I focus more on time under tension.

Been doing something called knee scraping and its helped me a lot. My daughter has been getting this done at the chiropractor and I looked it up and found videos one youtube using the blunt side of a butter knife to break up some of the scar tissue.

I follow a few physical therapists on Instagram. They been showing some great exercises to strengthen the area. All I can tell you is stretch, stretch and more stretching. Also use bands before workouts, this has ease my pain.
☝🏾This!!! Stretching and warming up with bands first!

Cage

My knees have hurt to some degree for 4 decades. But i am still not bone on bone. Knees over toes guy on YouTube helped. I stay away from pain killers and anti inflammatory products as they only hide the issue and are not good for internal organs. I can't see trading off one problem now for what could be a larger problem later. As wraps don't allow the knee cap to track in a normal way and presses the inside surface of the knee cap back against the leg bones i pass on the wraps as they may help the lifting now but doubt they will be helpful in the years and decades to come. The mechanics of the 45 degree leg press aggravate my knees more then squats. and hacks can be the worse. I do what aggravates things the least.

Instead of doing leg extensions to pre-exhaust before squatting I now start the workout with stuff that works and activates my glutes and posterior chain. Takes a ton of pressure off the knee joints when those muscles are firing properly. Seated calf raises (with a good stretch at the bottom) before the squats also help with knee friendly mechanics.

yeah, i had this problem. i have try different things, and the solution is stretching. Before training legs try to stretch your hams , quads and adductor , and after begin to train your legs. Try and let me know

Cut out doing glute injections for a month.

Sure as fuck fixed my knee problems. Or at least helped considerably.

How are your feet?
You got good arches? or you kinda flat footed?
i have pancake flat feet and got $$$ insoles and i went from severe knee/ankle pain (like hurt to walk) to ZERO pain.
i dont stand on my feet anymore w out my insoles.

yeah, i had this problem. i have try different things, and the solution is stretching. Before training legs try to stretch your hams , quads and adductor , and after begin to train your legs. Try and let me know
I'll try. Thanks!

How are your feet?
You got good arches? or you kinda flat footed?
i have pancake flat feet and got $$$ insoles and i went from severe knee/ankle pain (like hurt to walk) to ZERO pain.
i dont stand on my feet anymore w out my insoles.
Not flat footed. Knees for the past 10 years start hurting when it gets cold out and they hurt really bad. I warm them, have tried a lot and it's getting worse. Trying to see if any new methods or meds others may be using. Once my knees bend by 20 degrees (not much) they scream. Doc said it's arthritis etc but I'm sure others have this issue. Thanks for providing your experience. It doesn't hurt as bad if feet are close together but still bad.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member