over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Krill Oil or Fish Oil

Shockrock3

Registered
Newbies
Been reading up on some studies that suggest DHA isn't as helpful as people thought (raises LDL a bit) and are moving towards supplements that are high in EPA. Was looking at the prescription Vascepa that is a pure form of EPA and how it significantly reduces triglyceride levels in the blood. Curious are people still just using Fish Oil...switched to Krill Oil or ???

I use a DHA supplement made from fish oil. As the krill populations are being heavily over fished.

At the moment I take 3g fish oil and 1g krill oil daily. I would use more but it thins my blood too much.

Krill is superior to Fish Oil, that said, it is about 3Xs as expensive for an efficacious dose.

A performance athlete should be getting 3g combined EPA/DHA daily minimum with plenty of empirical data to back that claim.

That said, a lot of fish oil manufacturers including Carlson and Nordic Naturals, the touted, "best" have been under fire for the rancidity of their fish oil supplements.

Like anything, one must do diligent research on the product and manufacturer to ensure the best ROI

At the moment I take 3g fish oil and 1g krill oil daily. I would use more but it thins my blood too much.
How did you figure this out? I take 8 grams of fish oil, but obviously I’ll lower it if it’s causing unknown harm

Fish oil

Most krill oil on the market is rancid

Krill is superior to Fish Oil, that said, it is about 3Xs as expensive for an efficacious dose.

A performance athlete should be getting 3g combined EPA/DHA daily minimum with plenty of empirical data to back that claim.

That said, a lot of fish oil manufacturers including Carlson and Nordic Naturals, the touted, "best" have been under fire for the rancidity of their fish oil supplements.

Like anything, one must do diligent research on the product and manufacturer to ensure the best ROI
Damn. Have a link? Carlson was the one brand I trust the liquid from vitamin shoppe. Know who makes the vitamin shoppe brand and does it also go rancid?

How did you figure this out? I take 8 grams of fish oil, but obviously I’ll lower it if it’s causing unknown harm

Are you taking 8g of fish oil in total or taking enough fish oil to hit the 8g total EPA/DHA?

Elvia is taking however many fish oil caps it takes to hit 3g total epa/DHA.

Are you taking 8g of fish oil in total or taking enough fish oil to hit the 8g total EPA/DHA?

Elvia is taking however many fish oil caps it takes to hit 3g total epa/DHA.
8 capsules of Lovaza which is prescription fish oil/omega 3’s

8 capsules of Lovaza which is prescription fish oil/omega 3’s

So 465mg epa and 375mg dha is about 840mg omega-3s per cap so your about 6.7g combined right now.

So 465mg epa and 375mg dha is about 840mg omega-3s per cap so your about 6.7g combined right now.
Think that’s too much? No idea how to tell how thin my blood is.

There is more to it (other contributing factors) but the simple fact when I doubled my fish oil dose I had a nosebleed the next day. This has happened multiple times in the past so I know it's due to the fish oil. Fish and flaxseed (etc) oil are natural anticoagulants so can thin the blood significantly. It's one of the reasons why they are good for cardiovascular health.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws