over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Krill users

aphextwin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I’m curious to everyone who uses Krill oil do you shoot for an ideal number of EPA and DHA? I know it’s always lower than fish but curious if you strive for a certain amount?

I do not because the brand I use MegaRed is one of the highest out there. Just remember that krill oil EPA/DHA is bound to phospholipids while fish oil is bound to triglycerides so I believe a combination of both fish and krill is ideal. I take 3g's of each per day. Krill also contains an antioxidant astaxanthin.

Thanks brother for commenting. I kind of figured I wouldn’t have many respond since it’s not drug related. I have been taking both but was always curious how others used it. Mega Red makes a legit product. Just switched over to Jarrows brand Enhanced Krill.

I do not because the brand I use MegaRed is one of the highest out there. Just remember that krill oil EPA/DHA is bound to phospholipids while fish oil is bound to triglycerides so I believe a combination of both fish and krill is ideal. I take 3g's of each per day. Krill also contains an antioxidant astaxanthin.
I use both daily too. Sam's brand supplements. The 1400mg fish oil concentrate for 900mg Omega-3 with 500mg Krill oil twice daily for both. My goal is get as close to 1600mg EPA and 800 mg DHA since that's Emeric's recommendation.

Sam's Krill oil is more concentrated than the Mega Red brand.

Here's what I get per day

Schiff Mega Red Krill 9 per day
= 1620mg EPA/DHA

Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega 4 per day
= 1300 EPA
= 900 DHA

I use both daily too. Sam's brand supplements. The 1400mg fish oil concentrate for 900mg Omega-3 with 500mg Krill oil twice daily for both. My goal is get as close to 1600mg EPA and 800 mg DHA since that's Emeric's recommendation.

Sam's Krill oil is more concentrated than the Mega Red brand.
I just did a quick search is that Member's Mark fish and krill oils? I don't really know what's ideal in the EPA/DHA regarding dosage since it's never been established. I just know that 3g each MegaRed lowers my cholesterol and helps keep my joints loose. Fact. But if Sam's brand is cheaper for same or better fatty acid profile, I'd definitely give it a go.

There is a study floating around out there that showed fish oil was not effective but that study is bullshit. It was done using 1g per day. Ridiculous. It has definitely kept my cholesterol numbers lower. And it's not placebo as I def know when I stop taking it.

I just did a quick search is that Member's Mark fish and krill oils? I don't really know what's ideal in the EPA/DHA regarding dosage since it's never been established. I just know that 3g each MegaRed lowers my cholesterol and helps keep my joints loose. Fact. But if Sam's brand is cheaper for same or better fatty acid profile, I'd definitely give it a go.

There is a study floating around out there that showed fish oil was not effective but that study is bullshit. It was done using 1g per day. Ridiculous. It has definitely kept my cholesterol numbers lower. And it's not placebo as I def know when I stop taking it.
You know how….based on cholesterol numbers with and without it?

Yes, Member's Mark is the Sam's house branding. The fish oil has mint in it as a "preservative". I use them for my lipids and joints too. I randomly started the twice daily of both but the combo was really close to Emeric's recommendation so I stuck with it. I have less inflammation with twice a day vs once a day and all my inflammatory markers are really low on blood work. My joints are a mess after 4 tendon ruptures and 7 tears total.

There was a member on the board that posted that Viva krill oil (which many were using) had showed some sort of toxicity. He said the Sam's krill oil had tested great. This was all based on some labs that test products for consumers.

You know how….based on cholesterol numbers with and without it?
Not based on cholesterol numbers as I haven't stopped taking the omegas long enough to do a comparison lipid panel. And I don't want to. But since I've been taking them, my HDL doesn't go into the basement nearly as bad and my ratio is way better since I started krill/fish oil but rather I feel it in my joints. If I stop for some reason for a few days, my joints feel more dried out and will get stiff just sitting too long. That never happens when I get my krill/fish oil in. I have a morning/evening supplement schedule and I also feel dividing the 6g into half morning, half evening. I double up on training days.

I have a few must-have supplements and krill/fish oils one of them. These are supplements that I can actually feel a difference.

There was a member on the board that posted that Viva krill oil (which many were using) had showed some sort of toxicity. He said the Sam's krill oil had tested great. This was all based on some labs that test products for consumers.
Yes @muscle96ss posted it. I believe he said he got the info from a paid subsection to consumer reports.

Yes @muscle96ss posted it. I believe he said he got the info from a paid subsection to consumer reports.
What happened to muscle96ss? If anyone talks to him, tell him to get on here and say hi.

He had a kidney transplant awhile ago. He pops in now and then.

He had a kidney transplant awhile ago. He pops in now and then.
Aw, that's a bummer. I hope it all shakes out well for him. He used to crack me up on here. His deadpan snark was on point.

I wish omega-3s would help my joints.
I don't believe it helps in repair of bad joints but I think the anti-inflammatory properties are at work there. Sort of the way your joints are sore when the barometric pressure is too low (like inside a rainy low pressure system). Same deal.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear