over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kuclo got third? No way!

Iain was the most conditioned in the show until Nick walked out.

Steve was the biggest (frame) but lacked all kinds of separation everywhere. shot for shot next to each other Iain won more shots than Steve did one on one based just off separation and condition.

The judges went with condition over size. Nick best both off condition. Iain best Steve off condition. If it was size Steve would have beat both. I said this after Texas where Iain won…Steve could have came down 5-6 more lbs and still been the biggest in the show and been better. He didn’t do that and the judges went with condition just like Texas.

Both most muscular and best posing are awarded by judges, sponsors have nothing to do with it.

So it is much more problematic and hard to explain .... if the judges award the award to the best poser to Sergio, how is his posing routine ranked as the 5 best?

The most muscular, it can make sense that he goes to a different athlete than the winner of the show, sometimes they can give that award to someone who is not winning, I remember that Pakulski got that award but the show was won by Dexter.

They did drop the posing round decades ago, Arnold personally brought back scoring to the posing round a few years back, only at the Arnold.

Yes, I know the history of the sport, it was a big talking point when Kai and Cedric were competing, Arnold brought this round back.

Arnold wanted his show to have better routines, for the boys to make an effort.

The point is that none of that influenced the final results, I mean, it is no different from any other show where the pose routines are not judged. Therefore, there is an unwillingness to take the contest rules seriously.

The only time the pose routine was used as justification for a victory was when Kai beat Cedric. According to the judges and experts, Cedric was going to win the show, but Kai beat him thanks for that round.

I guess I'm the odd man out here. I just watched a replay of Ian and Kuclo at finals and Ian's muscularity is seen much more clearly than Kuclo's. Kuclo looked washed out in that comparison when flexing in the poses in almost every one. Better looking physique but condition was less and size/stature/muscularity is comparable between the two.

As a size guy, i love Kuclo. Been my ideal physique since he came onto the scene.
But at least from the video I saw, he and Ian lacked the pop and dryness of Nick.

And i have to agree with Green, to me it was a size/slight condition game.
Ian and Steve could be flip flopped but Ian just has figured a way to win certain poses.
Steve looks bigger and better just standing there, front relaxed. But Ian has figured out how to twist his body and flare his lats to accentuate certain stuff. CLOSE..but Ian took more poses.

Yeah, I think Steve looked great, but in the night show was a bit washed out. If you look at some of his shots, like side chest, his legs just don't have the detail that Iain had. His abs are not very deep, and just looked washed out in many of the shots. I think Iain, got a bitt fuller and harder for the night show, while Steve was more washed out. Hence why Iain ended up overtaking him. I don't think it has anything to do with politics or being Bumstead's brother in-law.

Oh and Kucklo's wife should not have been doing commentary at all for the open. When Kuclo got third, she was so unprofessional. It was pure cringe. This all could have been avoided by simply her not being allowed to comment on the class her husband is competing at.

I think without being right there its really hard to judge what these guys look like by pics and video to be fair. In person is NEVER the same if you can get as close as the judges sit.

Its arguable 2nd and 3rd between Lain and Steve. But Nick was a clear winner. That kid is going to be fun to watch over the next decade or two

I don't think it has anything to do with politics or being Bumstead's brother in-law.

Kuclo is politically and commercially better connected than Ian. Also his wife, you just have to see that she was commenting on the show, and it is not the first time.

Nothing against them, they are an active part of the contest industry.

Steve is taller and has overall more muscle I would rather look like Steve than Nick

As far as flow Nick has back double biceps his lats insert low which can be rare his bicep peaks are freaking insane I mean they look like almost higher like straight up almost it definitely look a bigger bicep than Arnold but Robbie Robinson which was top of the line as far as biceps. His abs are very deep in crisp even though his waist appears to maybe be a bit bigger than Steve's

As far as a bodybuilding show Nick I can see winning because of these poses most muscular back double biceps and the biceps peak when he does biceps pose it's like sky high. Moreover if I had to choose I was reincarnated to come back looking like I would much rather look like Steve bodybuilding competition or not walking through the streets. Nick has a very small head too if you compare his head to everyone else's

I still don't understand how a guy like Ian with no calves beats Kuclo. I like Ian but I feel Kuclo should've beaten him at Texas and at the Arnold's

I still don't understand how a guy like Ian with no calves beats Kuclo. I like Ian but I feel Kuclo should've beaten him at Texas and at the Arnold's
I just don't understand how kuclo was ahead at prejudging and then lost a lot of ground at finals when neither him or Iain improved for finals?

They did drop the posing round decades ago, Arnold personally brought back scoring to the posing round a few years back, only at the Arnold. Both most muscular and best posing are awarded by judges, sponsors have nothing to do with it.

2021 Arnold Classic Scorecard Controversy​

Seeing as Sergio did win the Best Poser Award, it only makes sense that his routine points would reflect that on the scorecard. After all, it’s one of the judging categories, as we all know.

However, that wasn’t the case. In fact, his routine points were that of his sixth-place finish. Therefore, the five competitors who placed ahead of him all received higher scores in the posing category.

But most would without a doubt put his routine near, if not at the very top, as he clearly deserved the Best Poser Award. So the format of the scorecard is causing a lot of confusion and this no doubt warrants some sort of explanation.

I think having the same judges score all the big contests is a mistake, we need highly qualified judges, but they don't have to always be the same exact people.

It would be easy to argue that "bad judging" in professional bodybuilding is one of the biggest things limiting its popularity, call it "politics" or whatever, but there is a lot of bullshit going on over the decades.

Arnold should be the head judge of the Arnold Classic IMO :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner