over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

KUDOS to John Meadows

Is it just me or does it seem like the judges/ some of the industry seem to have something against John Meadows? Jealousy perhaps? Last place is utterly crazy IMO.

Why would a judge be jealous of him??

I actually got off the phone with my pro friend who attended the Arnold. I asked him about this. He said that if one saw the even in person they could see that Meadows did not deserve to be in the top five.

I think the guy is a workaholic and busts his ass and is a nice person. It seems his fans really love him, which is great, but EVERY time he does not place as high as they they think he should, they act like there is some anti-JM conspiracy.

He has accomplished A LOT but to say he improves from year to year is a bit of an exaggeration. He's also not the only one to turn pro in the 40's or to start making some waves later in life. Rusty Jeffers comes to mind, who is far better gifted and I think a better bodybuilder, did that, but just doesn't have the following JM does.

And this is NOT to bash JM, but people act like if you make an objective statement about him, that you insulted their best friend.

Last edited:
I was there. It was great to see and hear the outreach of support from the audience. JM was well represented for sure.

This was the first show I witnessed firsthand. There should be some sort of scorecard that is digitally presented for when the top six are called. As it stands, results can be confusing to both the audience and competitors. The sport is subjective by nature. Having a handful of 1-10 ratings (size, symmetry, conditioning, etc.) would be helpful for everyone and perhaps even bring accountability to the judges themselves.

Just some ideas from a relatively new fan. I know, this is probably like arguing the merits of the designator hitter in baseball.

I was there. It was great to see and hear the outreach of support from the audience. JM was well represented for sure.

This was the first show I witnessed firsthand. There should be some sort of scorecard that is digitally presented for when the top six are called. As it stands, results can be confusing to both the audience and competitors. The sport is subjective by nature. Having a handful of 1-10 ratings (size, symmetry, conditioning, etc.) would be helpful for everyone and perhaps even bring accountability to the judges themselves.

Just some ideas from a relatively new fan. I know, this is probably like arguing the merits of the designator hitter in baseball.

Good post.

It's definately true that to see it in person is very different. I still don't get it though...

At any rate, I echo what IABADMAN said... John is if not the best, certainly up there. As a bodybuilder. The process. The refinement.

Why would a judge be jealous of him??

Because he is the big time and created a massive following and business in this industry by being an honest and a good guy. Most of the ppl in the competitive BB world are shady as fuck and corrupt as hell. Worse than American politics.

Last edited:
Because he is the big time and created a massive following and business in this industry by being an honest and a good guy. Most of the ppl in the competitive BB world are shady as fuck and corrupt as hell. Worse than American politics.

Conspiracy theory at its worst

Exactly. Some guys can be alittle silly thinking he deserved to win etc. I am a huge JM fan... he is a class act in every way. His placing was way off but let's be realistic. I thought 5th or 6th too. Let's not forget he is competing against the very best in the world. But sure what everyone states about name and reputation is sadly true. Some guys are guaranteed a top 6 finish no matter how they look.

JM you looked fantastic and you should be proud of the package you presented.

I respect JM a ton, but PLEASE LIST the competitors he should have beat??

It's easy to say he should have been higher, but pointing out HOW he should have placed better then (insert name here) is why judging is difficult....

I respect JM a ton, but PLEASE LIST the competitors he should have beat??

It's easy to say he should have been higher, but pointing out HOW he should have placed better then (insert name here) is why judging is difficult....

Angel Vargas.

Wow just jump to an extreme. So you're saying that a lot of people on this board "are shady as fuck and corrupt as hell?"...including the owner and a lot of his friends??

Does anyone have pictures of the lineup they can post?

CONGRATS JOHN You looked AMAZING! I wasn't at the show but from all the pics I've seen on several different sites you definitely should have easily placed Top 5. All of us at PM were rooting for you and are incredibly proud of your attaining such an incredible level of conditioning. I don't know what criteria the judges were using but they couldn't have been looking for the best physiques. Thanks again for your inspiration, especially to all of us with "less than perfect" genetics.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Well said man! I really had him higher! Either way John u never stop amazing us!! Congrats brother

110% or expect to regret it!

JM looked amazing and he should have placed higher than 9th. IMO he should have placed higher than a few guys in his class.

Much respect JM you looked peeled and the best I've seen you look.

JM looked amazing and he should have placed higher than 9th. IMO he should have placed higher than a few guys in his class.

Much respect JM you looked peeled and the best I've seen you look.

Name them all or you will get shouted at and told off :D

Does anyone have pictures of the lineup they can post?

It was very little coverage on the 212 category.

Here is 1place and last place.

Attachments

• Hideta.jpg
    Hideta.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 469
  • John.jpg
    John.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 454
Bodybuilding is as much politics as anything else. If your a low level name, you will never win a show no matter how good you look.

People pay to see the big names win...and when they dont, people stop paying. Just like anything else. You want to place with the best, you havw to build a following like the best and contribute just as much back into the sport.

Wow just jump to an extreme. So you're saying that a lot of people on this board "are shady as fuck and corrupt as hell?"...including the owner and a lot of his friends??

No not competitors and most people in general. Let me rephrase that LOTS of the people in competitive bodybuilding and industry are shady as hell and there is a lot of corruption. C'mon man you know this.

this is some surreal conditioning!!

bKB8mAQ.jpg

Just saying here man.... it is an illicit board....might be the best one but never the less. Human nature...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear