over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

KUDOS to John Meadows

I think it'd be cool if there was like.. a "most conditioned" award.

to go to the guy with the best conditioning.

may come with a cash award....may just be recognition with a placard..

I just feel that something that took so much effort to achieve deserves some sort of recognition.

if you weren't born with the best genetics for size/shape, etc.. at least you can demonstrate your hard work and discipline via being completely shredded.

I just feel that something that took so much effort to achieve deserves some sort of recognition.

if you weren't born with the best genetics for size/shape, etc.. at least you can demonstrate your hard work and discipline via being completely shredded.
Oh they do have that award, it's dialysis.

Now, granted its one pose, but... John looks like he belongs right next to hide. You could pick them apart and give hide the win but last for meadows? Was the competition just THAT strong that there is very very little separation between first and last?

Oh they do have that award, it's dialysis.

That kind of condition doesn't come from diuretics. That's suffering - dedication.
I agree with Slice - the truth is that the diet is what separates competitors from everyone else. The training is fun - talking on the boards is fun - the drugs make you feel capital - but the diet frigging SUCKS the life out of you and makes all of the above things not so fun. It's with you 24/7! NO other sport requires that kind of focus. When you leave the field or the court you rest and relax and EAT. You can fill your little tummy right before bed and sleep well. I would be willing to bet JM had more than a few nights where his stomach was screaming "get up and feed me you sadistic f***!"
Anyway - I think it would be great if there was an award / compensation for those guys willing to put that kind of work in.

That kind of condition doesn't come from diuretics. That's suffering - dedication.
I agree with Slice - the truth is that the diet is what separates competitors from everyone else. The training is fun - talking on the boards is fun - the drugs make you feel capital - but the diet frigging SUCKS the life out of you and makes all of the above things not so fun. It's with you 24/7! NO other sport requires that kind of focus. When you leave the field or the court you rest and relax and EAT. You can fill your little tummy right before bed and sleep well. I would be willing to bet JM had more than a few nights where his stomach was screaming "get up and feed me you sadistic f***!"
Anyway - I think it would be great if there was an award / compensation for those guys willing to put that kind of work in.

No doubt....I wouldn't even call it a sport; its more like torture! You restrict until there is nothing left then you go another 4 weeks. When people tell me time goes by so fast I tell them they should go on a diet because an hour after you eat you start looking at the time waiting until you can eat again....haha.

I've been competing since 1986 and for some reason even after I tell myself this is the last show 6 months go by and I start thinking about when I will do it again.

Great post, bodybuilding and what its all about means different things to different people but to me its always been about mastering the will. The true strength of a man is always his will...and the will power it takes to achieve the type of conditioning JM displayed at the Arnold is just insane. Even among the ranks of the top bodybuilders that type of mental strength and focus is rare...look at all the genetically blessed guys that come in watery or a bit blurry.

I've always felt conditioning should trump genetic structure but thats because I have bad genetics :)....the geneticaly blessed guys think structure and shape should beat out extreme conditioning.

I cant remember ever seeing that type of conditioning on a pro stage....alot of guys get shredded glutes but JM had veins coming out of his lower glutes and hams...just insane.

Thanks for the support guys. I appreciate it. I am a little perplexed...I hear everyone cry they want 90's condition...well I had it, I hear people say to bring my stomach in and be more pleasing, well I did that too. I would cringe from any of my ab poses from other shows being posted, but it actually was solid at this one. I do not like a few of my poses, and don't think they flow very well just being honest, but it's all good. I have things to improve (which I will), and my life is great, and is not dictated by a placing. The fact is I was very comparable to the best in the world, and that is win for my non genetic freakishly gifted physique.

I did not use any diuretics as usual, and also only took 16 t3 tabs TOTAL, so imagine how much suffering it was to get that lean..not fun at all, but I did it.

Life is good!

TRUTH

John did what nobody has ever done in the history of bodybuilding . Sounds dramatic. But think about it . What 44 yr old guy that has competed since I think since 14 has ever truly improved at all ? Especially in the waistline .it just has not happened. I have been around a long time and what he is doing is amazing. So impressed, yet more impressed what he has done in business, as a father , and as a man in general . I told John a long time ago he could do what he is doing .great to see him make it happen. But if people really look at what he is doing with his body it's amazing . He should have been at least top 4 .And he doesn't carry the oil or even the natural gifts of those guys .The fact is .As a pure bodybuilder ,not as a competitor he is best on the planet right now . There are tons of guys with better genes or drug response . But as far a pure bber .Tell me who is better ? Dorian ? Ronnie ? Phil ? Ect ...they all peaked then went backwards fast even with the best genes ever ..
John improves each year and enjoys the sport ...so kudos to him ......just think about what he is doing ...it is freaking awesome! !!!

Thank you J..I appreciate it and the support you have ALWAYS given me!

Great post, bodybuilding and what its all about means different things to different people but to me its always been about mastering the will. The true strength of a man is always his will...and the will power it takes to achieve the type of conditioning JM displayed at the Arnold is just insane. Even among the ranks of the top bodybuilders that type of mental strength and focus is rare...look at all the genetically blessed guys that come in watery or a bit blurry.

I've always felt conditioning should trump genetic structure but thats because I have bad genetics :)....the geneticaly blessed guys think structure and shape should beat out extreme conditioning.

I cant remember ever seeing that type of conditioning on a pro stage....alot of guys get shredded glutes but JM had veins coming out of his lower glutes and hams...just insane.

I was told by several of the top coaches in the industry that that was the hardest condition they had seen since the 90's, so you better believe I was happy to hear that from people at the highest levels.

It was very little coverage on the 212 category.

Here is 1place and last place.

Amazing. Johns veins have veins. However, in this one picture, I will note, that while many respected board members have commented positively on "the package" John brought, this pict clearly shows a "4" directly on his package.

On a serious note, that is so beyond the realm of reality for even my friends who have won at the state level it is more than humbling. The fact that he is a quality business man does cloud my judgement. Only about who I would go to dinner with. My eyes have no preconceived notions. Winner? Nah! Better than he placed? Please defer to Emeric.

Pwood

Kind of like it was years ago when they had awards for best body parts; now just add in an award for best conditioning.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131