over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

L-carnitine and overall feeling like shit

hevi-head

Registered
Newbies
Well I’ve stopped and started it several times and stopped other compounds as well but everything seems to be pointing to the carnitine.
After a few days on it im feeling exhausted and tend to have a “not give a shit” attitude towards the gym because of just feeling so worn out.
Anyone else not tolerate it well?

Wow. I've been on injectable L-carn at 1200mg/day taken first thing in the morning and have the complete opposite effect. My workouts have been more frequent to the point where I am training many muscle groups more than once a week. No more DOMS either. It is now become a staple in my supplement regiment.

Well I’ve stopped and started it several times and stopped other compounds as well but everything seems to be pointing to the carnitine.
After a few days on it im feeling exhausted and tend to have a “not give a shit” attitude towards the gym because of just feeling so worn out.
I’m feeling that way but it’s post Covid.

You feel better when not taking it?

Wow. I've been on injectable L-carn at 1200mg/day taken first thing in the morning and have the complete opposite effect. My workouts have been more frequent to the point where I am training many muscle groups more than once a week. No more DOMS either. It is now become a staple in my supplement regiment.
I kinda fought that it was the carnitine too but shit it sure seems that way. I was at about 600 with it

Felt like crap yesterday and injected that morning. Skipped it this morning and feeling great. I’ve stopped and started it several times and this seems to be the case every time.
I stopped orals thinking it was them and still felt the same after a few days of carnitine

Felt like crap yesterday and injected that morning. Skipped it this morning and feeling great. I’ve stopped and started it several times and this seems to be the case every time.
I stopped orals thinking it was them and still felt the same after a few days of carnitine
Homebrew?...or from a sponsor?

It's weird I have the opposite effect.
Maybe, your product has a problem.

It's weird I have the opposite effect.
Maybe, your product has a problem.
Yeah that’s the confusing part. everyone says they feel great.
Not sure how the product could have a problem, the raw came from a reputable place.
Kinda hard to screw up the brew.

It's possible you could be very sensitive to the potential effects on thyroid:

It could be you and it just don't get along. I think almost everyone of us here has at least one compound we simply cannot do without sides/negative effects. Yours might be carnitine as rare as that is.

I would try a commercial source and see if it has the same effect. If it does then just drop it. What works for one person may not work for another.

I have used injectable carnitine on and off for the past couple years. Honestly, I don't feel anything... and I don't notice anything. My bodyweight and bodyfat measurements are consistent year round and carnitine seems to have no impact on them. I have used the sponsors version and Amino Aslyum just to see if they were different. I am still going to use it because the longest I have gone is 3 months. I want to give a at least 6 months to see if something changes in the long term.

Are you using the injectable or supplement form? I felt awful on injectable form, and if I used oral liquid. Pharm grade tabs are a game changer for me

Are you using the injectable or supplement form? I felt awful on injectable form, and if I used oral liquid. Pharm grade tabs are a game changer for me
Injectable.
So how much are you taking orally? I’ve always read the injectable was the way to go just for absorption and efficiency

The tablets are 650mgs. I take one before fasted cardio, one before training.
Yes, thats usually the gold standard, injection. But I felt like shit. Almost flu like symptoms. May be the carrier, the process... not sure. Switched back to tablets. Energy went back up, thermic effect during training returned... dunno

I have used injectable carnitine on and off for the past couple years. Honestly, I don't feel anything... and I don't notice anything. My bodyweight and bodyfat measurements are consistent year round and carnitine seems to have no impact on them. I have used the sponsors version and Amino Aslyum just to see if they were different. I am still going to use it because the longest I have gone is 3 months. I want to give a at least 6 months to see if something changes in the long term.
You answered your problem in your own sentence. You cant take a drug and expect it to work without changes in your nutrition. Your not gonna see the effects of lcarnitine if your not dieting. If you maintain the same bodyweight and bodyfat year round your diet must be horrible and you are spinning your wheels clearly and should get a coach. Not only for dieting but for growing aswell if your not pushing up the scale your not putting on new tissue

Lol I'm a fucking ball of energy on synthetine. I have been on 200mg daily for going on 3 years I believe.

You answered your problem in your own sentence. You cant take a drug and expect it to work without changes in your nutrition. Your not gonna see the effects of lcarnitine if your not dieting. If you maintain the same bodyweight and bodyfat year round your diet must be horrible and you are spinning your wheels clearly and should get a coach. Not only for dieting but for growing aswell if your not pushing up the scale your not putting on new tissue
Hmm 🤔 ...good point 👍🏿

The tablets are 650mgs. I take one before fasted cardio, one before training.
Yes, thats usually the gold standard, injection. But I felt like shit. Almost flu like symptoms. May be the carrier, the process... not sure. Switched back to tablets. Energy went back up, thermic effect during training returned... dunno
I May have to give it a try

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner