over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

l-carnitine for my overweight wife

If your wife is suffering from depression or even just feeling under pressure from your child's disability i would definitely recommend that you help her get counseling or therapy prior to tackling the weight issue.

Above all i would not give her DNP. I suffer from PTSD and when I have used it when I wasn't in a good place and it put me a lot further down the hole than i had ever gone before. Sure your wife may loose some weight but it wouldn't be worth it if she was in a crapper place mentally.

There is no quick fix for this and you'll have to support her day by day. What Hogan86 said about getting a solid routine in place is totally correct, but from the sounds of things your wife may not be in the right headspace to see this as a possibility at the moment.

A 50 y/o guy asked me what supps to take, he does not currently workout but is thinking about starting. My reply "bitch get in a solid routine for 2 months of exercise and solid nutrition and let's revisit". My point is the routine and ritual of "I must go to gym" is most important. Save all supps for when she hits a wall or slows down dramatically in weight loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This deserves a standing ovation!!

I know what depression feels like, not a great road to go through. I agree with oylegate. Get her some help. I know some people say I don't need someone to tell me what to do or what's wrong with me. But we don't know what's she going emotionally and yes weight can be put on with or without eating. Stress out, hopelessness. I personally had my issue and went to therapy and he open my eyes in a hole new way. Once understanding and educating myself by reading and studying I focus on a positive solution and everything fell into place. But, she does need your support and help. Be patience with your wife and you will see she will do it.

Big&Thick

Last edited:
this is true. my mother has been on DNP for quite a while.. and has actually managed to out-eat it to such an extent that she has somehow returned to her original fatness.

yes.. while being on the most powerful mitochondrial uncoupler in the world, my mother has found a way to regain substantial amounts of fat.

she has reached such a level of "not giving a shit", that she just eats junk food, and sleeps all day.

I hope you never reach this point OP... my mother is about 5'1 and 175 pounds.

Some of my favorite posts are whenever you talk about your mom. You should start a thread/blog on everything she does. :p

You add l-carnitine to an already good physique to give it that extra edge and make it a great physique. It's not something a 30% bf slob should be using as a fat burner lol it won't do a damn thing in that situation. Diet is going to be number 1 here. Then incorporate cardio and some light training. When all that is in place and progress is made, a little clen , T3, or T4 will help shed the extra fat off. If the first part is in place, this works. If not it collapses and the person remains fat. I've helped my wife get back in shape after 2 pregnancies. Hardest part was changing the way a woman views food and training lol.

Has she always been big? or did this accumulate over time after you two got married?

to the OP

She was never big, at her best was 120 lbs looked great. Depression and life has beaten her down a little and she has let herself go.

She has shown the ability to diet and stay up with cardio in the past, never been one to lift weights, even tho i have tried to get her to.

How about just common sense, eating less, exercising more and making it a lifestyle instead of a diet? No need for any supplements, counting macros etc

Some of my favorite posts are whenever you talk about your mom. You should start a thread/blog on everything she does. :p

I thought he was joking.

Who the fuck introduced her to DNP??

She was never big, at her best was 120 lbs looked great. Depression and life has beaten her down a little and she has let herself go.

She has shown the ability to diet and stay up with cardio in the past, never been one to lift weights, even tho i have tried to get her to.

She needs to tackle the depression issue.. and a good way if she would be open to it is working out. Also seeking some counseling possibly.

Easy answer is as long as she does everything else right, of course it'll help if she also uses l-carnitine. I'm pretty sure the OP isn't dumb enough not to know she needs to eat less and exercise to lose weight lol.

Thanks to all who responded. Like I said originally we have a plan for the diet, she is also starting with a counselor next week and she has started taking lexapro. I have been on this site for years listening to you jokers and I think I know what it takes to get in shape. I am just looking for any edge that I can give her as I really believe if she she fast results it can be a major positive for her. I am also afraid if things don't progress quickly it could further put her in a hole.

I do appreciate all the input!

Thanks to all who responded. Like I said originally we have a plan for the diet, she is also starting with a counselor next week and she has started taking lexapro. I have been on this site for years listening to you jokers and I think I know what it takes to get in shape. I am just looking for any edge that I can give her as I really believe if she she fast results it can be a major positive for her. I am also afraid if things don't progress quickly it could further put her in a hole.

I do appreciate all the input!

I totally get that.

To the regular population, 1-2 weeks of seeing NOTHING is demoralizing and makes people give up. For the rest of us, we can kinda turn our brains off and go into routine mode for long periods so we can SEEE these changes over time. The average person, your wife, will see minimal results, get pissed and want to quit. IMO, you need to be one hell of a cheerleader and tell her you see changes then. Because i love L-carn, but I dont think that adding it in will make DRASTIC changes in a regular person. Maybe some ephedrine and caffeine first. That plus cardio, diet, maybe some fasting and 14 will show results.

I guess I also should mention I am speaking of injectable l-carnitine.

Also if she does take it should I combine with carbs even though she is already pretty overweight?

No need to be overcomplicate. Make sure the diet is in place and she is eating the right foods at the right times.

The Synthetine still works as long as you take it. Whenever you take it as long as it is consistent.

I totally get that.

To the regular population, 1-2 weeks of seeing NOTHING is demoralizing and makes people give up. For the rest of us, we can kinda turn our brains off and go into routine mode for long periods so we can SEEE these changes over time. The average person, your wife, will see minimal results, get pissed and want to quit. IMO, you need to be one hell of a cheerleader and tell her you see changes then. Because i love L-carn, but I dont think that adding it in will make DRASTIC changes in a regular person. Maybe some ephedrine and caffeine first. That plus cardio, diet, maybe some fasting and 14 will show results.

I was gonna say something pretty similar. Just need to give her lots of positive and negative feedback... she goes to the gym, tell her she looks great.

She skips a few days call her fat.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner