over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

l-carnitine for my overweight wife

Sixdog76

Registered
Working on motivating my wife to lose about 25 lbs.

We have a good idea regarding diet/macros that I believe will be successful.

Will L-carnitine be worth throwing in from the very beginning? Or is this something better saved for once we get her closer to the goal to get those last lbs off?

Any input would be great.

Diet and Exercise are the most important things, adding L carnitine won't hurt but it will not make any significant difference.

Itll help and if she stays clean with the diet .I use it daily.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I guess I also should mention I am speaking of injectable l-carnitine.

Also if she does take it should I combine with carbs even though she is already pretty overweight?

I guess I also should mention I am speaking of injectable l-carnitine.

Also if she does take it should I combine with carbs even though she is already pretty overweight?

How overweight are you talking?

Not that you have to tell me, but stick to good ole cardio and weight training.

The weight loss will happen in the kitchen.

Good fats, low carbs and clean protein.

The injectable l-carnitine will help, but she has to stick with it.

Calorie in and calories out.

I'd wait.... a good diet and cardio will suffice initially.... I'd use things like that to bust through plateaus.....just my .02

A 50 y/o guy asked me what supps to take, he does not currently workout but is thinking about starting. My reply "bitch get in a solid routine for 2 months of exercise and solid nutrition and let's revisit". My point is the routine and ritual of "I must go to gym" is most important. Save all supps for when she hits a wall or slows down dramatically in weight loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 50 y/o guy asked me what supps to take, he does not currently workout but is thinking about starting. My reply "bitch get in a solid routine for 2 months of exercise and solid nutrition and let's revisit". My point is the routine and ritual of "I must go to gym" is most important. Save all supps for when she hits a wall or slows down dramatically in weight loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2

Synthetine (inj l-carnitine) is an amazing and very effective product. But it sounds like your wife needs to just concentrate on diet and training for now. Maybe after 2 months of a solid routine you could look at adding it in. Synthetine will help accelerate fat burning but it brings out other benefits too. But it's not going to do much if your wife is not training and eating on plan. You want to show your wife the importance of diet and training first and show her the changes she can make with just eating right and training hard.

LOL I love this place.

slice I love her that's why I'm trying to help, but I didn't sign on to be with a baluga whale hahaa.

I am just looking for a way to help her get a jump start, the sooner she sees results the easier it will be for her to stay on track.

She is about 30lbs overweight, sitting around 150 should be 120-125 for being 5'2".

She is going through some depression from our son being disabled and I think this is a positive thing I can help her with that could help her feel a little better.

slice I love her that's why I'm trying to help, but I didn't sign on to be with a baluga whale hahaa.

actually, you did.

marriage is a man putting his signature on a blank contract wherein the terms are later added by a 3rd party, and then subsequently enforced by the business end of the guns wielded by the state.

but that's neither here nor there.

if your wife doesn't have the discipline to diet and exercise, I highly doubt she will be willing to stick herself with a needle on a regular basis.

I would instead opt for a substance that makes fat loss incredibly easy, as undisciplined people (especially women) have a tendency to get discouraged when results don't come as quickly as desired.

everyone already knows what im talking about... so no real need for me to even say it.

dnp

I understand why LS recommends that as it's simply the best fat burner by a long way. But personally I think that would be the worst possible thing to do. OP this is not directly about your wife so don't take offense :eek: It's like going here you go fatty take this and it will literally be like a magic pill to them. You can even eat pizza everyday just take another pill and you will still lose weight.

It's a fatties dream come true. It's a recipe for disaster. They don't have the respect for dnp that it deserves in regards to staying healthy and not overdoing things. Everytime they want to lose some weight they will just take dnp and they won't even need to train. It's not like most fat women want muscles they just want to lose fat.

DNP works too good it would be awful in the long run. Do you want your wife to end up like Little Slice... think about that for a second :p;):D

Last edited:
I understand why LS recommends that as it's simply the best fat burner by a long way. But personally I think that would be the worst possible thing to do. OP this is not directly about your wife so don't take offense :eek: It's like going here you go fatty take this and it will literally be like a magic pill to them. You can even eat pizza everyday just take another pill and you will still lose weight.

It's a fatties dream come true. It's a recipe for disaster. They don't have the respect for dnp that it deserves in regards to staying healthy and not overdoing things. Everytime they want to lose some weight they will just take dnp and they won't even need to train. It's not like most fat women want muscles they just want to lose fat.

DNP works too good it would be awful in the long run. Do you want your wife to end up like Little Slice... think about that for a second :p;):D

this is true. my mother has been on DNP for quite a while.. and has actually managed to out-eat it to such an extent that she has somehow returned to her original fatness.

yes.. while being on the most powerful mitochondrial uncoupler in the world, my mother has found a way to regain substantial amounts of fat.

she has reached such a level of "not giving a shit", that she just eats junk food, and sleeps all day.

I hope you never reach this point OP... my mother is about 5'1 and 175 pounds.

Has she always been big? or did this accumulate over time after you two got married?

to the OP

Last edited:
this is true. my mother has been on DNP for quite a while.. and has actually managed to out-eat it to such an extent that she has somehow returned to her original fatness.

yes.. while being on the most powerful mitochondrial uncoupler in the world, my mother has found a way to regain substantial amounts of fat.

she has reached such a level of "not giving a shit", that she just eats junk food, and sleeps all day.

I hope you never reach this point OP... my mother is about 5'1 and 175 pounds.

Freud would've had a blast tinkering around inside your head LS.. :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828