over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lack of carbs unhealthy

NY Muscle,

You have been doing it for a long time. Do you feel really good? Was it hard at first?

NY Muscle,

You have been doing it for a long time. Do you feel really good? Was it hard at first?

Yes a very very long time. I feel amazing and always have. Never had any sort of "keto flu" or withdrawals when I started doing keto decades ago. It just works so well for me. I also fast (Intermittent Fasting) so I hardly eat. 1-2 meals a day at the most. Sometimes I go 48hrs w/o eating. I always train fasted. I enjoy IF way more than keto, but I love them both together. I am what they call "keto adapted" to a level most will never achieve.

How much do you weigh now, if you don't mind me asking?

185ish

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On my carb up days I have about 800 g of carbs and I'm showing adequate blood ketones the next morning... typically that would take a person 3 to 5 days to get back into ketosis after all those carbs...it's more or less very good metabolic flexibility

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nonsense, carbs are the only macro nutrient you can 100% survive without. You think people 500 years ago at carbs?? Only as rare treats. Todays humans are unhealthier than ever in the history of man and processed carbs and sugars are 100% the problem. Carbs can be great if used as fuel but most people base thier diets on them and unless bodybuilding or heavy training this is absolutely unhealthy. I can provide dozens of modern scientific studies, not old outdated studies, that say a ketogenic diet is extremely healthy if you want to argue this point.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

The problem with lowering any macronutrient too much is that you must raise the others to maintain enough calories. If you are eating a diet that is 33% carbs, 33% protein, and 33% fat and you cut the carbs to 0, you are now eating 50% protein and 50% fat.

Also interesting and something I just recently learned from my endocrinologist, who specializes in diabetes care, very low carbohydrate diets can cause insulin resistance.
There is a process called gluconeogenesis that will convert protien into glucose if you do not consume enough fat to burn as fuel. The proper ratio to produce ketones would be 65% fat 25% protien and 10% carbs. If you consume 50% fat 50% protien you might as well be eating carbs. U can cut the carbs out completley but atleast 75% of your calories would need to come from fat. The human body does not need carbs to survive and this is scientific fact not opinion.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

damnnnn that sucks ass... keto has been my go to when i got lazy and impatient on my cuts. keto and dnp :/ fml

never mind, i supplement all the essentials eating veggies and fruits and grains would provide regardless, so im good. as for the insulin sensitivity im on gh and pin it with some slin everytime and so far my blood work and bg meter results been good:headbang::headbang:

Delete

Last edited:
Indeed and this is why I advise those who want to stop keto for whatever reason to ease into a moderate carb diet. Start off with PSMF-like macros, low fat and low carb then slowly up the carbs then fat again. Works very well.

That being said I cycle my carbs via CKD and always have, just works for me. I have achieved such a high level of metabolic flexibility that I can "carb up" on 800 gms (and very VERY low fat that day) and show decent blood ketones the next morning.

In the 90's it would take 3-4 days to restablish ketosis and show those same blood readings but now it is super easy.

I have only been keto for 5 months but the metabolic flexability is something else. I am still shocked that after using bits of TKD or CKD, how fast I am back into ketosis. It has been a very positive experience. The only thing that is a concern (less so now that I have researched it, is the higher LDL results).

it s difficult to grow without carbs. Big mass is built by carbs + prot + fats

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner