over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

[langtitle=pl]Training periodization[/langtitle]

TeaMan

Registered
Newbies
[lang=pl]Hey Guys, i was just wondering what is your opininon on training and periodization, cuz there is a guys like dr Michael Israetel whos talking about raising up the volume and then again coming back down for deloading phases and not even cons. using a failure ( https://renaissanceperiodization.com/training-volume-landmarks-muscle-growth/ ), then again you see a guys who dont give a s about that and just simply lift without even a plan, in other hand you have dudes like Jordan Peters whos big on getting strong, lifting heavy and uping a volume just from adding weights and coming to failure on every set. What is your opinion on that and why?[/lang]

The key is progressive overload. The nitpicky details are unnecessary in my opinion.

I agree that progressive overload is key, but far too many guys underestimate total weekly volume for a given muscle group...

I really believe it in. Once you really get to know your body you can tell about when you need to deload. I used to like doing some of the good powerlifting routines out there that use periodization. Those are really good for putting on strength fast, and then afterwards you can go back to bodybuilding and make use of the extra strength, being able to move a lot more weight around.

i never deload

i'll just take an extra day or two off if i feel super beat up

Fortitude training

5-6 week's worth of balls to the walls, beating logbook training

2 weeks of intensive cruising; Scott's done a brilliant job with this, there's zero regression occuring.

Diet is also tailored like this, push calories during blast, bring them down a bit during cruise.

Use GH and timing carbs properly to keep from getting too chubby [emoji5]

Can grow fantastically doing this

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[lang=pl]And what about those time when you doin a dload phase, and then agoin build up a volume, its seems like a waste of time to get agoin to that level of volume (couple of weeks) thats gives you a true gains. And what about caloric deficite and cutting, when you go on dload phase your calorice output comes down severely[/lang]

One could certainly benefit from splitting his/her training phases throughout the year.
I think now looking back, having a plan you BELIEVE IN and sticking to it is the biggest benefit.
I believed in such a system at certain time of my training and DID make gains.
First you set your periods, then you shorten them... finally pre contest you have reached a phase of micro periodization to where you are doing all the periods as a conditioned athlete within the week.
So yeah, it can be beneficial... but there are other less regimented systems that worked for me as well.

Fortitude training

5-6 week's worth of balls to the walls, beating logbook training

2 weeks of intensive cruising; Scott's done a brilliant job with this, there's zero regression occuring.

Diet is also tailored like this, push calories during blast, bring them down a bit during cruise.

Use GH and timing carbs properly to keep from getting too chubby [emoji5]

Can grow fantastically doing this

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Fortitude is great, because it is easily customizable and has build in periodization - including "blasts" and "cruises". If you do things right, you will be able to continuously make progress using this system.

The OP mentioned caloric expenditure diminishing during cruise phases. This is true, but you are only cruising for brief periods of time, and on Fortitude, you are still expending a substantial number of calories during cruise periods.

If you are that concerned, you could slightly decrease calories or slightly increase activity outside of the gym during the cruise phases.

I find the whole beat the log book every workout with no breaks to be quite entertaining. That just does not work in the real world. At a certain point you don't get stronger anymore or you get hurt. Squat 700 and keeps beating your log book and see what happens.
Now that I am older many of my discussions with my peers are centered on why we lifted such heavy weights....just not necessary to build a quality physique.
Who gains more muscle over time - the guy that hits a heavy cycle and puts 100 lbs on his bench press in 3 months and is either topped out or regresses or a guy who adds 10 lbs to his bench every 3 months for 5 years? Just because you are given a strength gain doesn't mean that you need to take all of it. Muscle is gained with progressive overload demonstrated over time.

[lang=pl]So what you guys recomende thne most?
Compering high and low rep ranges in one training day or splitting it for two diferent training days a week, or just stick to one rep range and maybe change it during a mesocycles?

Whats is yours opinion about going to failure multiple times a week?

Ate you using a cycles for hypertrophy period, strenght gaining period etc in your plans or just lift and screw it ;p?[/lang]

Bumping this back up to see people's thoughts on periodization. Me personally 4 weeks intense (build up volume and intensity over the 4 weeks by adding sets, drop sets, or rp. Then a week of light work. Then the first week back of loading start at slightly higher volume than the previous week to see how much I can tolerate.

Does anyone's use an approach like this>. It seems most common on boards now days that people never take a week off or will "take a day off when I need it."

Do you think guys most overtrain, or is over training overrated?

Bumping this back up to see people's thoughts on periodization. Me personally 4 weeks intense (build up volume and intensity over the 4 weeks by adding sets, drop sets, or rp. Then a week of light work. Then the first week back of loading start at slightly higher volume than the previous week to see how much I can tolerate.

Does anyone's use an approach like this>. It seems most common on boards now days that people never take a week off or will "take a day off when I need it."

Do you think guys most overtrain, or is over training overrated?
I've never periodized my training. I take off days regularly and if I do have to train feeling sub-optimal (like right now while dieting), I'll cut the weights used or some sets if needed.

I don't think most people train hard enough to ever truly reach an overtrained state. And even for those who do think they're overtrained, I'd bet the issue is more underrecovering than overtraining.

The current push from science-based bodybuilders (Israetel, etc.) on never going too hard, never doing too much, etc., is setting a generation up to never reach their true potential.

Over thirty years working out and most of that time overtraining. If I could do it over again I would definitely decrease overall volume and training days. If all other aspects stayed the same ( diet ,aas) I'm confident I would have progressed much quicker and less injuries. Wasn't until I forced myself to try something different after studying Dorian Yates philosophy on training.

My head is hard as fuck, I don't know when to stop, but every so often, even I'M smart enough to back off for a few workouts, if not several.

Just recently, I'm coming back after a couple weeks break allowing my bruised ribs to heal; in iron junkie theory, that means waiting until it's not absolutely agonizing before bruising them all over again with leg press, hacks, etc

I never deload anymore..I lift in a powerlifting style...

let’s be honest..if your lifting in that style for any amount of time you figured out a long time ago that muscle isn’t built on the main lifts..it’s built on the accessories...with that being said, does periodization matter with accessories? Fuck no

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws