over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

[langtitle=vi]Days off vs light days..[/langtitle]

Crod2666

Registered
[lang=vi]Is there anyone here who thinks taking a rest day and having a light day where you don't tax your muscles nor your nervous system is the same thing? Is one better than the other? I know rest days would be important, yet I have such a hard time taking anymore than 1 day off a week. I also love to eat and knowing I can house more food and carbs especially if I train, makes it very hard to take a rest day[/lang]

I take rest days mainly due to my inability to truly go "light". I may decide to use a lighter weight but I end up just doing higher reps..........

The way I look at it a couple days off is better than several light days.

That's just me however. I don't know that one is any better than the other.

Rest days are beneficial for everyone.hell even taking a week off for most people are beneficial. No matter how much u eat or how heavy ur pumping drugs. Your body needs rests.

I like training too much too much to take time off. Lately it's just been friday, so I do a double split on Saturday. lol
So yeah, I do light days along with heavy. I don't like squeezing myself into a system I don't like, the only thing in stone for me is the split. Many would say to that, well, you're not increasing the weight constantly so you're not as big as you could be. Maybe true, but the only thing I'm nursing now, after about 5 years is an elbow, which came from going too heavy on tricep extensions. I will be 45 in a few weeks, pain sucks. My elbow and inner will hurt after training, even light, so that's me.

Key to sticking to not taking too much time off is getting good sleep and eating good food, not junk.

My training is speratic at best all summer.
Bustin rocks in the Hot Sun comes 1st.
Last week after 7 days between workouts popped 405lbs, then trained chest again 5 days later instead of my normal 7 and went light. Switchen it up with crosses 1st.

Keeping the blood flow going is great for building and or just maintaining your muscle.
At 47 I think rest is more important than what you eat, as long as you eat enough protein the other calories can come from whatever.
Dialed in at 249lbs @ 5%
Even my glutes are now striated w veins!!!
More Rocky Road Please.....

in my early years early mid twenties i would take a week off completely every 2-3 months or so.

then i started doing deloads using 50-60% of the weight use

I think its an almost an obsessive thing for body builders that are super focused, and its best to take a full week off and let your cns recover, your body aches to recover, find something else to do, spend time with your girl, or go on vacation or just do other stuff for a week.

if you get super bored and are on vacation you can always find a health club to go to and have a nice workout, just dont push it high intensity to that red line.

Yeah you cant eat as much if you dnt want to gain, but hey instead of two scoops and 5 oz of chicken breast instead of 8 oz is fine with me.

ive taken a week off as my body was coming down with some minor aches, I ve been out of town and got bored one day and went to a gym, just for one day, backed off intensity , didnt push things, higher reps, some supersets, which normally dont do between 3-4 exercises, etc just to get out of the house, some nice bloodflow and mood improvement going

Too much is not always a good thing, especially in bodybuilding. Proper rest -completely out of the gym, is definitely needed. I would say no less then 2 days. You can only rebuild so fast. Proper food, from all macros, is definitely needed as well..

I really think a full day off is more beneficial than a "take it easy" day

I really think a full day off is more beneficial than a "take it easy" day

What are you doing posting? Aren't the European girls into you then? ;):D

What are you doing posting? Aren't the European girls into you then? ;):D

Cut me some slack, do you realize how much 18-21 year olds love to drink in Greece??? Finally a couple of days of downtime coming up back in your native country to fix this little cough I'm dealing with ;)

Also have you been following the pics I've been taking on Facebook/insta?

Last edited:
If you hit it hard there is no reason to train more than once a week.
Arms, calves and abs maybe!
Training 2 days a week has me maintain all my muscle, heavy or light.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws