advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lantus and toujeo same thing except time?

Zarioh

Registered
Newbies
Hey Guys

So I know Lantus increases IGF-1, and is a good insulin to get some size. Now I Toujeo the same thing as lantus, just a bit longer acting? Will it increase IGF-1 as much as lantus?

Yes, I tried it. It just has more units per mL which affects active life, didn't track glucose so I'm not sure how it really performs IRL, if the active life is as long as claimed . I never really "feel" long acting insulin.
Don't know what difference in IGF elevation there might be.

Both are insulin glargine. Toujeo is higher concentration. U300 vs lantus (u100).

Yes, I tried it. It just has more units per mL which affects active life, didn't track glucose so I'm not sure how it really performs IRL, if the active life is as long as claimed . I never really "feel" long acting insulin.
Don't know what difference in IGF elevation there might be.
Both are insulin glargine. Toujeo is higher concentration. U300 vs lantus (u100).
Thx guys, so basically it should have the exact same effect on IGF-1 as lantus I guess? If you use same amount of iu.

I think that lantus is unique when it comes to binding to the igf receptor - the binding is 10 times stronger than that of natural human insulin, and e.g. levemir is not suitable for bodybuilders because binding to the igf receptor is lower in this case than natural insulin

but how is it with the insulin you are asking about, I have no idea

I think that lantus is unique when it comes to binding to the igf receptor - the binding is 10 times stronger than that of natural human insulin, and e.g. levemir is not suitable for bodybuilders because binding to the igf receptor is lower in this case than natural insulin

but how is it with the insulin you are asking about, I have no idea
Yes but Lantus contains insulin glargin, where as levemir is insulin deglud. But toujeo conatins insulin glargin, like lantus, so thats why I thought it may do the same. But maybe I should just stick to lantus to be sure?

I never really "feel" long acting insulin.
Just a note on Toujeo. I've been taking just 15iu of Toujeo in the morning for a few weeks. I've experienced hypo almost every day now which is very strange for running this tiny dose. Even happened at the doctors office the other day; I was sitting in the waiting room when I started feeling hypo, had to tell a nurse I was going hypo - the nurses started running after glucose tablets and got me a sandwich as well Lol. I was suddenly drenched in sweat and glucose monitor showed 43.

Anyone else try Toujeo? I have never went hypo from Lantus before, even taking many times more units. My hypo was probably not due to Toujeo being more "potent", but who knows...

Just a note on Toujeo. I've been taking just 15iu of Toujeo in the morning for a few weeks. I've experienced hypo almost every day now which is very strange for running this tiny dose. Even happened at the doctors office the other day; I was sitting in the waiting room when I started feeling hypo, had to tell a nurse I was going hypo - the nurses started running after glucose tablets and got me a sandwich as well Lol. I was suddenly drenched in sweat and glucose monitor showed 43.

Anyone else try Toujeo? I have never went hypo from Lantus before, even taking many times more units. My hypo was probably not due to Toujeo being more "potent", but who knows...
Are you sure you’re taking 15iu of slin? 15iu of toujeo would be equivalent to 45iu of lantus (if it’s u300 toujeo)

Guys use way more than 45iu lantus but if you have great insulin sensitivity then I could see 45iu giving you trouble.

Now if you really are using 5 ticks on a slin pin (so truly 15iu slin) then damn you’re very sensitive. I use 20iu lantus (equivalent to ~7iu toujeo) and I don’t feel hypo even at 4 hours (though I rarely go that long).

Are you sure you’re taking 15iu of slin? 15iu of toujeo would be equivalent to 45iu of lantus (if it’s u300 toujeo)

Guys use way more than 45iu lantus but if you have great insulin sensitivity then I could see 45iu giving you trouble.

Now if you really are using 5 ticks on a slin pin (so truly 15iu slin) then damn you’re very sensitive. I use 20iu lantus (equivalent to ~7iu toujeo) and I don’t feel hypo even at 4 hours (though I rarely go that long).

It's a Toujeo pen so it's 15iu's like the pen says. It's also spread out over a longer period of time so it should be "weaker" than 15iu of Lantus. I mean I've done like 60iu of Lantus without eating on the clock without any problems. I guess it's possible my sensitivity is higher right now for whatever reason.

Attachments

• 20210825_220652.jpg
    20210825_220652.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 10
So 15iu of that is 45iu lantus

How do you figure that? I don't understand. If you take 15iu according to the pen measurement it's 15iu - why would it be 45 units?

In fact, they say you start at 80% of your Lantus dosage when you make the switch to reduce the chance of hypoglycemia. However, it also says you may need to increase your dosage, compared to Lantus, by 10-18%, which makes sense since the dosage is spread out over a longer period of time. Toujeo is taken once per day instead of twice daily with Lantus.

Maybe I misunderstood something?

How do you figure that? I don't understand. If you take 15iu according to the pen measurement it's 15iu - why would it be 45 units?

In fact, they say you start at 80% of your Lantus dosage when you make the switch to reduce the chance of hypoglycemia. However, it also says you may need to increase your dosage, compared to Lantus, by 10-18%, which makes sense since the dosage is spread out over a longer period of time. Toujeo is taken once per day instead of twice daily with Lantus.

I’ve literally never used a pen so I dunno. If I had a toujeo vial and drew 15 ticks on a slin pen I’ve got the equivalent of 45 units (multiply by 3 since its U300/ml not U100/ml like lantus/log/r).

Does the pen convert that for you? I think it does probably from what you’re saying?

Toujeo is 3 times more concentrated than lantus. It is u300 and not u100. So more 3 times more per iu

I’ve literally never used a pen so I dunno. If I had a toujeo vial and drew 15 ticks on a slin pen I’ve got the equivalent of 45 units (multiply by 3 since its U300/ml not U100/ml like lantus/log/r).

Does the pen convert that for you? I think it does probably from what you’re saying?
Would be retarded if it didn't IMO. If 15iu was 45iu on the pen my diabetic friend wouldn't be taking about 35iu of Toujeo once a day. He used to do 15iu of Lantus in the morning and 17 at night.
Toujeo is 3 times more concentrated than lantus. It is u300 and not u100. So more 3 times more per iu
I was talking about the pen made for Toujeo which I posted a pic of. It has the "right" amount of IU approximately compared to Lantus. It will be at least 80% of Lantus dosage for a diabetic starting out on it, but often 10-18% more units.

Would be retarded if it didn't IMO. If 15iu was 45iu on the pen my diabetic friend wouldn't be taking about 35iu of Toujeo once a day. He used to do 15iu of Lantus in the morning and 17 at night.

I was talking about the pen made for Toujeo which I posted a pic of. It has the "right" amount of IU approximately compared to Lantus. It will be at least 80% of Lantus dosage for a diabetic starting out on it, but often 10-18% more units. Maybe it has to do with Alex Kikel has said about Lantus - in reality a large portion of Lantus is released in the first 2 hours, meaning these insulins don't release an even amount of insulin over the active life.
I meant to edit in the bolded portion.

Yeah I’ve been wanting to switch to 3x lantus shots a day. I always catch a pump around 1-2 hours after injection so I doubt it’s evenly released especially IM which they warn not to do.

I seriously doubt it’s 80% though.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity