over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lantus use with no prior slin experience

IronLion2

Banned
Lantus really interests me as a physique competitor, the claims of "10x more affinity to bind with IGF receptors" sounds good on paper.

Especially compared to rapid acting slin and tons of carbs. From my prior reading, observations, and studies; rapid acting slin simply allows the cell to accept more nutrients and fill/dilates to an extreme size. I know there are more benefits than that, but it's my belief that this is the majority of the benefits of rapid insulin. Where as Lantus, I could realistically run large amounts of GH with lesser carbs and hope for really solid gains and maybe :eek: even some hyperplasia :confused:???

The advantages of rapid slin dont necessarily apply to me; cheap, plenty of research, and easy to come by. I can find lantus from the pharmacy for $100 a month, up to 50IU's a day.

Just to play devils advocate from both bodybuilders and diabetics I hear how much easier it is to gain fat on lantus/basal insulin as compared to rapid acting. I also hear how much more necessary thyroid support is for basal.

Which leads me to the major question, is it a poor choice to jump straight to a lower dose of lantus without a background in rapid slin? Would likely start with 15-25IU's AM and 10IU's PM stacked with 6-10IU's GH split throughout the day.

Am I off base with my assumptions of basal insulins vs rapid insulin? These are the kinds of things I hoped to find on this forum specifically, less fear mongering more discussion on the deeper topics!

Lantus really interests me as a physique competitor, the claims of "10x more affinity to bind with IGF receptors" sounds good on paper.

Especially compared to rapid acting slin and tons of carbs. From my prior reading, observations, and studies; rapid acting slin simply allows the cell to accept more nutrients and fill/dilates to an extreme size. I know there are more benefits than that, but it's my belief that this is the majority of the benefits of rapid insulin. Where as Lantus, I could realistically run large amounts of GH with lesser carbs and hope for really solid gains and maybe :eek: even some hyperplasia :confused:???

The advantages of rapid slin dont necessarily apply to me; cheap, plenty of research, and easy to come by. I can find lantus from the pharmacy for $100 a month, up to 50IU's a day.

Just to play devils advocate from both bodybuilders and diabetics I hear how much easier it is to gain fat on lantus/basal insulin as compared to rapid acting. I also hear how much more necessary thyroid support is for basal.

Which leads me to the major question, is it a poor choice to jump straight to a lower dose of lantus without a background in rapid slin? Would likely start with 15-25IU's AM and 10IU's PM stacked with 6-10IU's GH split throughout the day.

Am I off base with my assumptions of basal insulins vs rapid insulin? These are the kinds of things I hoped to find on this forum specifically, less fear mongering more discussion on the deeper topics!

Oh yeah I forgot, desensitization happens MUCH more rapidly with basal insulin as compared to short. Thats probably the number 1 con against it and for rapid acting. Could ideally stay on rapid for months at a time, ive yet to see too many users advocating lantus for longer than 6-10 weeks.

Who not do both and test it out? Insulin is cheap as you've said...and you've gotta be quite retarded to fuck it up imo.

I've used novorapid pre and post workout before. These days I just stick to post workout (12iu). Pre workout made me tired and all the carbs and protein pre workout made me feel sick and barely able to train.

Recently started lantus at 71iu a day (for 21 days). Been keeping a lower fat diet. I'm a week in. Definitely holding a fair amount of water...but I attribute that to the increase in carbs and sodium. I'm also still doing 12iu novorapid post workouts.

Supposedly GH Frags 176- 191 at 250-500mcg every morning with the lantus will help keep fat gain off. Maybe next time I'll get some and give it a go.

some really good discussions at anasci by concreteguy and Mike Arnold article
**broken link removed**
I wouldn't use any insulin more than 3 -4 times a week and this goes back to chad nicholls advice and maybe milos.
Search on Mike Arnold's insulin protocols here as well.
Personally I would mess with the long acting until you try the shorter ones to feel how your body reacts. Mine was always centered around the work out.

Yeah, I was gonna mention the discussions over at anasci. Good stuff.

some really good discussions at anasci by concreteguy and Mike Arnold article
**broken link removed**
I wouldn't use any insulin more than 3 -4 times a week and this goes back to chad nicholls advice and maybe milos.
Search on Mike Arnold's insulin protocols here as well.
Personally I would mess with the long acting until you try the shorter ones to feel how your body reacts. Mine was always centered around the work out.

good read, thank you my OG friend

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity