over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lantus with a ketogenic or PSMF diet

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
saw this post over on Ansci by “concreteguy” and wanted to bring it back up over here and see if anyone on this site has ever tried it. Many of the highly respected guys from here posted on it over at anasci.
Seems like it would be an interesting experiment to run for an off season to possibly grow some and stay lean. I’d also like to know if it would be possible to use Novolin-R with 3 small dose over 15-16hr as opposed to one larger dose of lantus in the am

Here is the initial link

My first question to you would be 'why' would you want to PSMF with Lantus? What do you think you're going to get out of it? Why no carbs? Why keto?

IMO - Lantus is best used as a backup blood glucose regulator when you're pushing carbs and gh in the off season.

My first question to you would be 'why' would you want to PSMF with Lantus? What do you think you're going to get out of it? Why no carbs? Why keto?

IMO - Lantus is best used as a backup blood glucose regulator when you're pushing carbs and gh in the off season.

Did you click the link and read the initial post?

On keto I like to increase until 80iu/d and also use a little bit of DNP, 200mg/d generally.
Also use log pre-wo, ~5-8iu. Works great.

saw this post over on Ansci by “concreteguy” and wanted to bring it back up over here and see if anyone on this site has ever tried it. Many of the highly respected guys from here posted on it over at anasci.
Seems like it would be an interesting experiment to run for an off season to possibly grow some and stay lean. I’d also like to know if it would be possible to use Novolin-R with 3 small dose over 15-16hr as opposed to one larger dose of lantus in the am

Here is the initial link
There's a super knowledgeable guy on YouTube, vigorous Steve. I'm a big fan of his stuff. Only channel that I can actually learn from nowadays.

What he does while on keto is run 10 Iu a day. Lantus has some benefits that traditional old school insulin doesn't like increase in igf-1, along with other benefits, and as you probably know the peak and Valley is much different on lantus than it is novolin R (if you're trying to get something over the counter that's long acting you're better off going with novolin N.

I recently started using lantus and I believe it's one of the most underrated ped in bodybuilding.

Are you not able to get a hold of any lantus or humalog. These are much better options than old school insulin.

On keto I like to increase until 80iu/d and also use a little bit of DNP, 200mg/d generally.
Damn you can use that much insulin on keto? I'd go hypo for sure. Do you run the lantus everyday?

log pre-wo, ~5-8iu, with no carbs?

There's a super knowledgeable guy on YouTube, vigorous Steve. I'm a big fan of his stuff. Only channel that I can actually learn from nowadays.

What he does while on keto is run 10 Iu a day. Lantus has some benefits that traditional old school insulin doesn't like increase in igf-1, along with other benefits, and as you probably know the peak and Valley is much different on lantus than it is novolin R (if you're trying to get something over the counter that's long acting you're better off going with novolin N.

I recently started using lantus and I believe it's one of the most underrated ped in bodybuilding.

Are you not able to get a hold of any lantus or humalog. These are much better options than old school insulin.

How much lantus are you running? How many carbs per day are you consuming? What are you noticing from the lantus?

I remember concreteguy's thread. It was a weird approach. but it was super interesting and he had good results.

To the other posters, you are describing a keto diet using slin in a cal deficit. Yeah slin is great in those instances to stay full.
What Gunsmith is talking about and what concreteguy did was keto/slin in a maintenance type diet or small surplus. Keto to "lose bodyfat" and slin to add storage and attempt to put on tissue. CG thought it was the world's best recomp. Very different.

I may be wrong, but I think I remember an article by John Romano a long time ago talking about how he did this quite successfully

80iu/d not counting intra log. Keto besides intra shake, yes.

I see great benefit running a small dose of lantus on a keto diet to lose extra fat (and stay fuller) and, even better, if DNP is added. However, 80iu sounds like a high amount to run. Is your keto diet high in protein and more moderate in fats? Perhaps higher protein that stimulates glycogenesis?

How much lantus are you running? How many carbs per day are you consuming? What are you noticing from the lantus?
Right now I eat alot of carbs, huge calorie surplus (I believe for my weight) Right now for example breakfast is three packets of flavored Quaker oat oatmeal. Or anabolic French toast (but I leave in the yokes) six french toast so that means six white breads, wonder bread. Consuming between 4 to 6 yolks and 6 whites to 1/2 a cup. I eat similar macros 6 to 7 times a day 5 if I'm lazy... plus intra workout karboline 50-75 grams

I also take 5 to 12 iu of log with breakfast and pre-workout sometimes and 10 to 30 iu of lantus usually 25iu

Right now I eat alot of carbs, huge calorie surplus (I believe for my weight) Right now for example breakfast is three packets of flavored Quaker oat oatmeal. Or anabolic French toast (but I leave in the yokes) six french toast so that means six white breads, wonder bread. Consuming between 4 to 6 yolks and 6 whites to 1/2 a cup. I eat similar macros 6 to 7 times a day 5 if I'm lazy... plus intra workout karboline 50-75 grams

I also take 5 to 12 iu of log with breakfast and pre-workout sometimes and 10 to 30 iu of lantus usually 25iu

Yeah, that's a lot of carbs. From the wonder bread, I think 6 slices are 90g carbs so if you're eating about that amount of carbs 6-7 times/day plus the intra carbs you must be consuming a good 700-800g carbs. Do you eat carbs with your last meal too? All meals from breakfast till bed time? And you consume fats too with all those carb meals?

Are you gaining much fat at all with this protocol? I know many say it's better to not consume fats while running slin to avoid gaining extra body fat. You don't feel running log with breakfast along with the 4-6 egg yolks is hurting as far as fat gains?

Yeah, that's a lot of carbs. From the wonder bread, I think 6 slices are 90g carbs so if you're eating about that amount of carbs 6-7 times/day plus the intra carbs you must be consuming a good 700-800g carbs. Do you eat carbs with your last meal too? All meals from breakfast till bed time? And you consume fats too with all those carb meals?

Are you gaining much fat at all with this protocol? I know many say it's better to not consume fats while running slin to avoid gaining extra body fat. You don't feel running log with breakfast along with the 4-6 egg yolks is hurting as far as fat gains?
No I'm not getting fat, I am on tren at the moment and before that ment and have been running gh.

I'm actually not into "bulking". When I started lifting I was 135 at just under 6ft. I'm a true hard gainer, which in my opinion all that means is I just have to eat more than most.

Yes I eat carbs with my dinner. My dinners usually a bowl of Greek yogurt with a good amount of honey or I'll make a shake that has egg white, casein, oatmeal, greek yogurt and honey or something similar.

And I'll throw in apples here or there. They seem to really help with heartburn for me.

I don't think people get fat eating fats on insulin. I think it's because they are trying to feed the insulin according to whatever protocol they're following and not according to their diet.

I don't think people get fat eating fats on insulin. I think it's because they are trying to feed the insulin according to whatever protocol they're following and not according to their diet.

Agreed 100% and that's the key to proper insulin use.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws