over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lantus with a ketogenic or PSMF diet

The one issue I see with that is lantus is not a 24-hour (like many believe) it's actually a 12h, 1/2 life insulin analog. So if I take fasted glucose first thing in the morning the lantus isn't really doing much.

But I do I do agree, if levels aren't too high why should there be any sort of downregulation. And eating as much carbs as I do it almost becomes necessary to take insulin from a health standpoint.

Ideally, you want to pin lantus twice a day. I've talked to some diabetic bodybuilders and this was always recommended. I personally think lantus works best this way. If you want to pin one daily tresiba is fantastic.

Talk about your anecdotal evidence in here...

Lantus is not 12 hours. Its more like 18 hours. 25 IU is a moderate/starting dose. You aren't a type 1 right? Your pancreas works right?

Wow this thread got waaaaay off track, who has done Lantus with keto or PSMF diet? and why? and what were the results?

I think this is not something you should post without adding that you consume 80 gr of carbs ( so you do not do keto ) intra workout. Never know who's reading and the amount of research they do.

OT. I did this a couple of times. Went up to 55 IU of Lantus while cutting on Keto, couldn't handle more as. Hardly lost weight but cut fat down quite noticable. As a recomp it is awesome if you ask me. Too bad I get tired of eating only protein and fats after 8 weeks, am curious what is possible if one does this for a period of 6 months or so.

I am in ketosis, so...I AM DOING KETO.

Just because I clear those carbs intra does NOT mean I am not in ketosis the majority of the day. If I wasn't in ketosis, I would go hypo from the Lantus bringing down my blood sugar the rest of the day and NOT INGESTING CARBS. ZERO. NONE. If I was not in keto, What would happen you think??? Think I'd be able to keep my blood sugar in range with no carbs and that much lantus? Eh?

All the log does is help clear the intra nutrients. Once I'm done my wo, proteins and fats are the only energy sources being utilized until the next day, or even 48+hrs if I take a rest day and thus no intra.

I am in ketosis, so...I AM DOING KETO.

Just because I clear those carbs intra does NOT mean I am not in ketosis the majority of the day. If I wasn't in ketosis, I would go hypo from the Lantus bringing down my blood sugar the rest of the day and NOT INGESTING CARBS. ZERO. NONE. If I was not in keto, What would happen you think??? Think I'd be able to keep my blood sugar in range with no carbs and that much lantus? Eh?

All the log does is help clear the intra nutrients. Once I'm done my wo, proteins and fats are the only energy sources being utilized until the next day, or even 48+hrs if I take a rest day and thus no intra.

Relax..

Pretty sure he was referencing you not stating in your initial post that you're having carbs with that much insulin. Someone may think of boy "Guest1337" takes this much with no carbs i'm sure i can too.

Relax..

Pretty sure he was referencing you not stating in your initial post that you're having carbs with that much insulin. Someone may think of boy "Guest1337" takes this much with no carbs i'm sure i can too.

Exactly my point.

Does going this extreme really make that much of a difference? What happen to just dieting

So how do u figure out your dose by your diet then? - I would like to try this procedure
It’s still trial and error somewhat, but you add insulin as you add carbs, and if your blood sugar is getting too low, you lower the insulin, not take in more carbs, especially sugary ones, just to avoid going hypo.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear