over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Laptop is F'ed!!!

RONJON

Kilo Klub Member
My mom brought over her laptop to see if I could fix it today.

It starts up and gets to the start up screen that says windows shut down inproperly..how do you want to start it up..safe mode..last normal mode..yada yada.

Well whatever you do from there it goes to the infamous BLUE SCREEN!

I tried putting in the disk to reboot. ...shit i dunno how to fix it.

Please help if you have any ideas guys. I dont want my mom to have to go pay those geek squad dudes at best buy!:(

Hit F8 a few times just after the BIOS screen. You will come to a screen much like mentioned, but will have more options. Hit "Last Known Good Configuration". Let me know if that worked.

Hit F8 a few times just after the BIOS screen. You will come to a screen much like mentioned, but will have more options. Hit "Last Known Good Configuration". Let me know if that worked.

I did this..it again went to the blue screen and then immediately goes back to the main gateway start-up screen...it just continues to cycle over and over and over.

I don't know what the heck is goin on with it man!:eek:

What operating system?

wipe it clean , reinstall windows

Last edited:
wipe it clean , reinstall windows

No, that's a lamens answer until all has been debugged as much as possible. You are usually good in here, I'm surprised you even posted this.

Windows XP...

Yea when I get to that screen that says start in safe mode..debugging..start last normal setting..etc. no matter what I have clicked it ends up going to the blue screen and then automatically restarting..over and OVER!:mad:

Use the OS disk and do a repair.

No, that's a lamens answer until all has been debugged as much as possible. You are usually good in here, I'm surprised you even posted this.

think so? k ,lets see what happens, judging by the way most woman take care of a computer, this would be the smartest solution...............thats what id do, but hey, i just build em, i dont repair em, i never have to :p

you could try replacing the ram sticks, there is usually a cover to access them, could be as simple as a ram stick shitting the bed................in my experience, bsod is most always hardware, not to say it cant be a software conflict, but it most of the time is a hardware problem

i know when i build desktops,there is always the initial kinks to work through with ram, sometimes certain boards are picky, ive even gotten bad sticks right out of the package

if your able to get into bios try changing boot sequence

Last edited:
That typically is a sign of a hardware failure. When the computer initially boots up and it tries to initialize the devices using the available drivers, a bsod could occur. Step 1 would be telling us what the bsod says. If it is a STOP error, there is usually an associated driver file or code that it displays. That would help you diagnose the responsible hardware. I would do that first since, depending on the laptop, some of the hardware devices could be hidden or directly soldered onto the mb.

I am having a similar issue where mine simply reboots kinda like its going in a circle. As soon as the windows screen comes up, it starts all over. I never even get to my desktop. I try safe mode and nothing stops it from booting up in a cycle.
I actually put the thing in the closet cause I don't know what to do.

I am having a similar issue where mine simply reboots kinda like its going in a circle. As soon as the windows screen comes up, it starts all over. I never even get to my desktop. I try safe mode and nothing stops it from booting up in a cycle.
I actually put the thing in the closet cause I don't know what to do.

THAT EXACTLY THE PROBLEM!!!:confused::confused::confused:

I don't know if these screenshots work at all but the first is where I hit "last known config" etc...
BLACKSCREEN.jpg

And here is the second bluescreen...
BLUESCREEN.jpg

I don't know if these screenshots work at all but the first is where I hit "last known config" etc...
View attachment 37920

And here is the second bluescreen...
View attachment 37921

me and you are having the same problems.

I wish I could just wipe it clean and reboot, but its not even recognizing the disk and just keeps cycling.

I hate to have to pay 200plus just to have bestbuy look at it and then the money to fix it...might as well buy another damn laptop:( ...THIS SUCKS

me and you are having the same problems.

I wish I could just wipe it clean and reboot, but its not even recognizing the disk and just keeps cycling.

I hate to have to pay 200plus just to have bestbuy look at it and then the money to fix it...might as well buy another damn laptop:( ...THIS SUCKS

I'm with you. The one I am presently using over heats, (on occasion) I think that's what it is and shuts down with no warning. I have two f'd laptops on my hands.

Funny story is I dropped coin on this one in the past and they told me the hard drive was fried and it would cost me more coin to replace. I said forget it and bought the one with the now cycling issues and shelved this testy one. Now I dust it off and it works minus the occasional shutting off. :confused::mad:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131