over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Larry Wheels

He has broken the 242 total PL WR which is pretty legit imo.

He's 9th... that was in 2016. Still obviously elite. But he's only hit 1 total since... granted it was almost 2300.

I'm just saying all his videos are IG/Youtube. He's an Instaceleb. He's making a ton of money from it so I can't blame him. I just think he's a douche and unless he competes more will never be in the same class as Dan Green, Yury, Kevin Oak, etc let alone the real GOAT Ed Coan. But maybe being a "powerlifter" isn't important to him and that's fine.

He's 9th... that was in 2016. Still obviously elite. But he's only hit 1 total since... granted it was almost 2300.

I'm just saying all his videos are IG/Youtube. He's an Instaceleb. He's making a ton of money from it so I can't blame him. I just think he's a douche and unless he competes more will never be in the same class as Dan Green, Yury, Kevin Oak, etc let alone the real GOAT Ed Coan. But maybe being a "powerlifter" isn't important to him and that's fine.

What point are you even trying to make.

You said he needs to “legitimise” his lifts.

He broke the fucking all time world record in the 242s. At the age of 21!

Apparently that isn’t enough for you LOL.

As for him being a “douche” who cares.

What point are you even trying to make.

You said he needs to “legitimise” his lifts.

He broke the fucking all time world record in the 242s. At the age of 21!

Apparently that isn’t enough for you LOL.

As for him being a “douche” who cares.

Almost anyone who does this at that weight and at that age would be a douche especially growing up in this social media driven day and age. Douche or not to be that big and that strong at that age is really fucking impressive let’s quit the bullshit acting like it’s not lol

Almost anyone who does this at that weight and at that age would be a douche especially growing up in this social media driven day and age. Douche or not to be that big and that strong at that age is really fucking impressive let’s quit the bullshit acting like it’s not lol

I never said it wasn't impressive. And I think he's a douche just like Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, etc. Just my opinion. There are plenty of young guys who AREN'T douche's in major sports or PL/BB.

He's a super elite powerlifter but IMO he is no where near the level of the lifters I listed so it irks me when people say he is or will be the GOAT. He won't be unless he competes more, longer and has a larger body of legitimate competition lifts.

I also said maybe he doesn't care about that. And that is 100% fine. It doesn't take away from his physique or strength. BUT IG lifts/Instafame does not equal the greatest bodybuilder/powerlifter/strongman/etc of all time. But yes, IG star status will likely make him far more money than being the greatest strength athlete ever.

It's just my opinion.

He's a super elite powerlifter but IMO he is no where near the level of the lifters I listed so it irks me when people say he is or will be the GOAT.

He broke the all time 242 WR at 21, and you think he is “nowhere near the level...” of people who dedicated decades to lifting and who haven’t out-lifted LW.

You losers are so fucking pathetic LOL.

How is he a douche? He seems pretty humble to me. Haven't heard anyone who's met him say anything but good things about him....and doesn't care about powerlifting? He's said in his videos powerlifting is where his heart is not strongman or bodybuilding. He just wanted to go out of his comfort zone. BTW all his lifts have improve since the Kerns open.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

He broke the all time 242 WR at 21, and you think he is “nowhere near the level...” of people who dedicated decades to lifting and who haven’t out-lifted LW.

You losers are so fucking pathetic LOL.

How is he a douche? He seems pretty humble to me. Haven't heard anyone who's met him say anything but good things about him....and doesn't care about powerlifting? He's said in his videos powerlifting is where his heart is not strongman or bodybuilding. He just wanted to go out of his comfort zone. BTW all his lifts have improve since the Kerns open.

These are my opinions in a conversation. I'm not name calling anyone or saying you're a loser or pathetic for thinking differently.

I said powerlifting may not be his passion and I understand that and why. Not that he needs to explain it to anyone. And his "legitimate" aka IMO "competition" lifts have not improved because he hasn't competed. That was the point I was making.

As to why I think he's a douche? Why do some people rub us the wrong way? I don't know he just does. Maybe it is the endless posts of his $19.99 cookie cutter programs, his "PR" everything, his elbow wraps... He might be a great guy. His online persona rubs me the wrong way, the same as mine does Berst.

Just having a conversation...

He is phenominal. Always been a fan of his and some of his lifts are crazy. That 5 plate shoulder press being one example. Although his training video with Brandon Curry really surprised me. I know it's a different form of training but he has done bodybuilding training before. Granted 95% of his workouts are explosive low rep work as that is what he does. But he really struggled to keep up with Brandon Curry and he didn't even go very heavy. Things like a 4 pps machine row and he was failing then on another day he goes and deadlifts crazy weight for about 10 reps.

These are my opinions in a conversation. I'm not name calling anyone or saying you're a loser or pathetic for thinking differently.

I said powerlifting may not be his passion and I understand that and why. Not that he needs to explain it to anyone. And his "legitimate" aka IMO "competition" lifts have not improved because he hasn't competed. That was the point I was making.

As to why I think he's a douche? Why do some people rub us the wrong way? I don't know he just does. Maybe it is the endless posts of his $19.99 cookie cutter programs, his "PR" everything, his elbow wraps... He might be a great guy. His online persona rubs me the wrong way, the same as mine does Berst.

Just having a conversation...
Well when you say it that way it makes much more sense. I think he's planning on competing this year. I believe he will beat his previous record by more than 80lbs.

He is phenominal. Always been a fan of his and some of his lifts are crazy. That 5 plate shoulder press being one example. Although his training video with Brandon Curry really surprised me. I know it's a different form of training but he has done bodybuilding training before. Granted 95% of his workouts are explosive low rep work as that is what he does. But he really struggled to keep up with Brandon Curry and he didn't even go very heavy. Things like a 4 pps machine row and he was failing then on another day he goes and deadlifts crazy weight for about 10 reps.

I competed at 198 and totaled over 1750, but the first time I switched my training over to hard sets (mountaindog style) it completely buried me. A couple days of hammering myself and I had to add rest days (which was new to me).

I agree though,I think its because bodybuilding is more controlled. The two are vastly different so I sure it caught him off guard. Brandon is also at the top of the food chain in his sport as well. Larry switching from strongman to training with what could be the next Olympia champion probably hurt lol.

It is entertaining watching Larry lift absurd weights. I always love to watch his feats of strength.

On another note his elbow wraps are on point!

Last edited:
There's a new video on his YouTube channel that I came across where he trains and talks with Jay Cutler and Mike O'Hearn. I only skimmed through some parts because all the comments say that O'Hearn is trying to take over the video and Cutler is just not having it. I'd be willing to watch the whole thing just to see Cutler's deadpan reactions.

One part I watched was Cutler asking Larry if the insane weights are what drives him, if he thinks that helped him onstage in a bodybuilding competition etc and he struggles to come up with an answer. And the whole time O'Hearn just won't shut up.

There's a new video on his YouTube channel that I came across where he trains and talks with Jay Cutler and Mike O'Hearn. I only skimmed through some parts because all the comments say that O'Hearn is trying to take over the video and Cutler is just not having it. I'd be willing to watch the whole thing just to see Cutler's deadpan reactions.

One part I watched was Cutler asking Larry if the insane weights are what drives him, if he thinks that helped him onstage in a bodybuilding competition etc and he struggles to come up with an answer. And the whole time O'Hearn just won't shut up.

It's hard listening to Larry talk. His head seems pretty empty

Yury is in a class of his own, but larry isn't far behind him. Plus, larry is young. Larry is stronger than oak and Dan.

Yeah, ive known a few people like that. Not nearly as strong as this fella, but strong nonetheless and when you look at them they don't look that strong.

An older neighbor, 55 years old, benched 405 lbs fairly easy one day when he had me come over and spot. That was raw or course. He doesn't even lift seriously and is natural. Played D1 college ball.

Knew a little guy that was about 170 lbs that would rep out all 12 reps with 315 lbs easily, and he didn't lift really hard either.

That's def not me. I could take everything under the son and I won't ever be strong on bench press. However, my chest is probably one of my best developed body parts along with arms and shoulders....It goes to show it's not about lifting heavy as possible.

I watched that video earlier today. Did seemed like Mike was trying to take the video over for sure. Man still looks fucking phenomenal though so I guess he gets a pass.

Jay critiqued Larry on his heavy weights but then doubled back and said no one can tell you what works and what doesn't.

Jay is still an introvert so you can tell he's a bit uncomfortable, but I think he's more or less just spectating.

Yury is in a class of his own, but larry isn't far behind him. Plus, larry is young. Larry is stronger than oak and Dan.

For the 100th time... Not in competition. Look up the all time 242 records... what Larry competed as last in 2016... Dan is 3rd with 2210, Oak is 8th with 2177 and Larry is 9th with 2171.... And yes Larry has a bigger total at 275 AND his Wilks is a hair higher than Dan's but see my next point is all.

Hence why I said "legitimatize his lifts", "competition lifts", "compete more". In those cases he is NOT near the all time greatest because he doesn't have as large or long a body of work OR as big a numbers.

THAT SAID, he is obviously a freak. SUPER strong. Probably a far better all around athlete than MANY with exception of Kevin Oak BUT Oak has never competed in other strength sports so my argument against Larry in Powerlifting goes against Oak overall as well.

All I am saying all along is there is a big difference between posting a video of a big lift on IG that wasn't judged, without the pressures of meet day, who knows how many attempts, etc and posting a documented competition lift.

I am not against saying Wheels is freakish strong or that if he wanted to beat those guys he very well might. Just that as of this very moment he is not in their class as a POWERLIFTER... which he doesnt seem to care about and that's 100% fine.

Just double checked...

Their best ever wilks
Oak @220 593
Larry @308 592
Dan @242 591

Their best ever total
Oak @ 242 2177
Larry @308 2292
Dan @242 2210

Splitting hairs with my preference being the more experienced/proven/established. IF Larry wanted I believe he would beat them because you are right he is younger and like we all say a super freak. But as of this moment I defer to others.

Their best ever wilks
Oak @220 593
Larry @308 592
Dan @242 591

Their best ever total
Oak @ 242 2177
Larry @308 2292
Dan @242 2210

LW weighed 275.5 when he totalled 2292. He has a video of this meet in which he struggles to get his weight to 273, then consumes large amounts of liquid to barely make 275+. He weighed over 30lbs less than the weight class limit.

In comparison, both DG and KO cut massive amounts of weight to set their above PBs.

LW stopped competing in 2016 after he broke the WR. To suggest he is not as good as the current guys is laughable. He chooses not to compete!

No one has ever come close to achieving what LW did at the age of 21.

A LOT more respect should be shown for breaking the ATWR in 242 at age 21.

He is a once in a generation strength athlete. The complaints about him in this thread have been so embarrassing - skinny quads, not even that big, a douche on social media etc.

He is 24 and in top shape with PBs of 675 bench, 900+ squat, 900+ DL and posters literally want to say yeah but he is a douchebag with skinny quads.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131