over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lasix precontest

animal71

Banned
I know a lot of pro and semi-pro bodybuilders are on PM. Who is using lasix pre-contest? What doses are you guys doing? Obviously I'm scared of IV stuff or vein shots lol:p but pills are alright for me. Who's had good experiences? who's had bad ones?

I have not used Lasix myself, but I know quite a few who have--almost always with negative experiences.

Here are just a few of the issues with Lasix.

1.) It is non-potassium sparring. In the event of an overdose, this could potentially lead to cardiac arrest, and in terms of appearance, you are more likely to go flat than when using potassium sparring diuretics, as potassium is critical for the maintenance of intracellular water.

2.) It has a long active life, which makes fine tuning more difficult. If you start dropping too much water, there is no way to shut the drug off.

3.) It is too strong. Although increased strength is a good thing with most bodybuilding drugs, it is not so with diuretics. This is because diuretics are non-discriminatory in their effects, pulling water from both under the skin and the muscles. Therefore, the more water you pull out from under the skin, the more water you will lose in the muscles, making them smaller and flatter.

In addition to losing muscular size, the over-use of diuretics also tends to make the individual look watery, which is the exact opposite if what you are trying to achieve. Because the muscles are no longer tight and pushing out against the skin, you lose the thin-skinned appearance associated with being dry, while also losing separation and detail. This is why we see so many bodybuilder looking both small and flat--because they over-did the diuretics. Ideally, you want to dry-out without using diuretics. Doing so will enable you to maintain fullness while maximizing muscular detail.

If u have access go w dyazide. 1/2 pill before bed Friday, 1/2 Saturday morn. If needed, another 1/2 2 hrs before hitting stage. Always works great for me. Ive never had good results w lasix.

If u have access go w dyazide. 1/2 pill before bed Friday, 1/2 Saturday morn. If needed, another 1/2 2 hrs before hitting stage. Always works great for me. Ive never had good results w lasix.

Dyazide is my go-to diuretic as well, if one is used at all.

Dyazide is my go-to diuretic as well, if one is used at all.

Is there anything wrong with a casual non-competing bodybuilder using 1/2 dyazide tab once in a blue moon just to lose water and see how lean they are? Or even after a cheat meal? It doesn't really seem dangerous going by what I've read about it.

Is there anything wrong with a casual non-competing bodybuilder using 1/2 dyazide tab once in a blue moon just to lose water and see how lean they are? Or even after a cheat meal? It doesn't really seem dangerous going by what I've read about it.

why not just hit the sauna and sweat out the water instead? or when you wake up you should have minimal water in the body from all night fasting

why not just hit the sauna and sweat out the water instead? or when you wake up you should have minimal water in the body from all night fasting

I doubt the sauna even comes close to matching it's effectiveness unless you spend all day in there. Just focusing on dyazide and whether there is any harm to very rare usage for a casual lifter to look good on a certain day.

Last edited:
Can any of you guys pm me on where to get dyazide... thanks

I doubt the sauna even comes close to matching it's effectiveness unless you spend all day in there. Just focusing on dyazide and whether there is any harm to very rare usage for a casual lifter to look good on a certain day.

No, taking a normal dose isn't going to cause nay harm, but it also doesn't do much to help appearance until BF is very low.

No one uses a sauna to dry out (or shouldn't be) anymore, as bodybuilders realized long ago it just makes you smaller without looking any better. You end up looking worse.

I know a lot of pro and semi-pro bodybuilders are on PM. Who is using lasix pre-contest? What doses are you guys doing? Obviously I'm scared of IV stuff or vein shots lol:p but pills are alright for me. Who's had good experiences? who's had bad ones?

lasix is too strong with the side efffects risks to high.I dont use any diuretic period.But if i did i would go with the much better option of dyazide.

I compete, but I would never touch Lasix. I've heard too many horror stories about that drug. It's incredibly powerful, and if you don't get it just right it could make you look like complete crap, or even worse, put you in the hospital.

I would agree that Dyazide is the way to go for precontest diuretics. It's a simple protocol to use that's pretty fail safe.

No, taking a normal dose isn't going to cause nay harm, but it also doesn't do much to help appearance until BF is very low.

No one uses a sauna to dry out (or shouldn't be) anymore, as bodybuilders realized long ago it just makes you smaller without looking any better. You end up looking worse.

Why? does it dehydrate your muscles too? I thought sauna would bring out some nice vascularity, I have used it in 2 contests day before and liked it.

Why? does it dehydrate your muscles too?

Of course it does! VERY bad idea to hit the sauna before a BB show. Making weight for some sports like boxing yes, in order to look good NO.

Sauna should only be used for:

- its cardiovascular benefits (many studies on this);

- soothing the skin;

- relaxing. :)

Obviously I'm scared of IV stuff or vein shots lol:p but pills are alright for me.

Actually, for anyone wishing to use Lasix before stepping on stage, IV should be the only way to go since it's out of your system much faster than pills and thus way more predictable... :cool:

But as outlined by others, Lasix remains a very poor choice cosmetically wise.

Of course it does! VERY bad idea to hit the sauna before a BB show. Making weight for some sports like boxing yes, in order to look good NO.

Sauna should only be used for:

- its cardiovascular benefits (many studies on this);

- soothing the skin;

- relaxing. :)

What about hitting sauna just for 15 min day before contest? nothing drastic... I've seen people in there going for 30-40 mins.

I always thought Lasix....peaked at 2 hrs and lasted approx. 6 hrs.

I have not used Lasix myself, but I know quite a few who have--almost always with negative experiences.

Here are just a few of the issues with Lasix.

1.) It is non-potassium sparring. In the event of an overdose, this could potentially lead to cardiac arrest, and in terms of appearance, you are more likely to go flat than when using potassium sparring diuretics, as potassium is critical for the maintenance of intracellular water.

2.) It has a long active life, which makes fine tuning more difficult. If you start dropping too much water, there is no way to shut the drug off.

3.) It is too strong. Although increased strength is a good thing with most bodybuilding drugs, it is not so with diuretics. This is because diuretics are non-discriminatory in their effects, pulling water from both under the skin and the muscles. Therefore, the more water you pull out from under the skin, the more water you will lose in the muscles, making them smaller and flatter.

In addition to losing muscular size, the over-use of diuretics also tends to make the individual look watery, which is the exact opposite if what you are trying to achieve. Because the muscles are no longer tight and pushing out against the skin, you lose the thin-skinned appearance associated with being dry, while also losing separation and detail. This is why we see so many bodybuilder looking both small and flat--because they over-did the diuretics. Ideally, you want to dry-out without using diuretics. Doing so will enable you to maintain fullness while maximizing muscular detail.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear