over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lat / Back Width

Nautilus pullover machine . Most gyms don't have them. .

First off...great pics...
Secondly--there's a company out there making a modern day version of that pullover machine, and it's NOT Nautilus. LVAC here in Vegas has one.
Have u ever used the one Dorian used in Blood and Guts?
The plate loaded one??
I swear that one is smoother and heavier than the one with the pre-loaded stack at my gym.

First off...great pics...
Secondly--there's a company out there making a modern day version of that pullover machine, and it's NOT Nautilus. LVAC here in Vegas has one.
Have u ever used the one Dorian used in Blood and Guts?
The plate loaded one??
I swear that one is smoother and heavier than the one with the pre-loaded stack at my gym.

Thank you Ive always seemed to have a big back, even before I started lifting. I used to sk8board with my shirt off aand this girl we used to sk8 with onetime commented when I was about 16 , dont ever become a bodybuilder bc your back will get big

No Ive used a nautilus pullover with the pin stack, never a plate loaded one. Ive heard some of the old school equipment is better . This one I use is smooth and works well.

In fact tomorrow is back day and im paying to go onto a different gym than my home home to use this machine. I truly feel this machine gives the back a different look any other back exercise. Ive tried different pullover machines, and some feel akward, this is my favorite.

I think its called nautlius superpullover machine

the seat adjusts up and down and it looks something like this

**broken link removed**

i've started something new this year with it doing one arm at a time, underhand grip, because two arms overhand was bothering shoulder, and anticipate what it looks like showtime along with the other changes i've been working on

Last edited:
Been following Jordan Peters most of last year and designed my workouts sort of like his. 3 different workouts/variations, all different movements each variation targeting back different angles. Rep ranges varied from 5-7 up to 15-20 and trying to beat my log book on all movements each time that variation came around. Trained back every 4-5 days only 8-10 sets each workout which makes it 16-20 sets within 7 days. The 8-10 sets allows you to handle heavier weight through the whole workout and go to failure on pretty much all sets. Beat the log book.

That's what I did all of last year with really good results. Well that and of course adding more tissue, trying to push the food. Wider lats obviously means more tissue so...

Thank you Ive always seemed to have a big back, even before I started lifting. I used to sk8board with my shirt off aand this girl we used to sk8 with onetime commented when I was about 16 , dont ever become a bodybuilder bc your back will get big

No Ive used a nautilus pullover with the pin stack, never a plate loaded one. Ive heard some of the old school equipment is better . This one I use is smooth and works well.

In fact tomorrow is back day and im paying to go onto a different gym than my home home to use this machine. I truly feel this machine gives the back a different look any other back exercise. Ive tried different pullover machines, and some feel akward, this is my favorite.

I think its called nautlius superpullover machine

the seat adjusts up and down and it looks something like this

**broken link removed**

i've started something new this year with it doing one arm at a time, underhand grip, because two arms overhand was bothering shoulder, and anticipate what it looks like showtime along with the other changes i've been working on

This is the exact one my gym has...but the name of my gym is....Nautilus. Same owner for 37 years. He has all the old and new machines.

I actually start all my back workouts with this pullover machine. Stretches the lats like nothing else. And as others have mentioned, if I hit this machine hard....my back is sore down low closer to my waist.

I sit the pad lower than most so as it comes up, it feels like it's ripping my last off from the stretch it generates.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

View attachment 96004
Split my back days. Width one day, thickness a few days later.
Followed meadows and Hypertrophy coach Joe Bennett concepts and training styles religiously. Improved my back. No where near where it needs to be. Around 231 in this pic

Look at those calves!

Coming from someone with awful calves it's the first thing I notice. Nice!!!

This is the exact one my gym has...but the name of my gym is....Nautilus. Same owner for 37 years. He has all the old and new machines.

I actually start all my back workouts with this pullover machine. Stretches the lats like nothing else. And as others have mentioned, if I hit this machine hard....my back is sore down low closer to my waist.

I sit the pad lower than most so as it comes up, it feels like it's ripping my last off from the stretch it generates.

there must be a better option though for this movement nowadays with these hoist type machines.
I remember watching Athlean doing this movement with longer ROM/stretch using dumbell.. something with the attachement of ht e lats and then you have to go into Anterior Pelvic Tilt for max stretch.
I have also watched John Meadows using a DB with shorter ROM somewhat and stretch.
I will be also likely going after next to a Metroflex type of spit and dust gym with that machine in there as well,but on these the movement feel a bit more different than the DB version JM does(tried it and feel it better for whatever reason).. hoist type machine is what I think should work best for the complete movement

Never been able to feel any pullover machine in my lats - Nautilus, Hammer Strength, etc., which seems to be due to my long arms. Straight bar with wide grip on a cable station is how I do pullovers.

Never been able to feel any pullover machine in my lats - Nautilus, Hammer Strength, etc., which seems to be due to my long arms. Straight bar with wide grip on a cable station is how I do pullovers.
I think this is key when it comes to machines. I have short arms and the Nautilus pullover really blasts my lats.

Its all about how you are structurally built. Some machines I've tried do nothing for me, but some put me in positions that really isolate the muscle I'm trying to hit.

Its literally hit or miss when it comes to machines for me because of my height and build....even when the machine has an adjustment function.

there must be a better option though for this movement nowadays with these hoist type machines.
I remember watching Athlean doing this movement with longer ROM/stretch using dumbell.. something with the attachement of ht e lats and then you have to go into Anterior Pelvic Tilt for max stretch.
I have also watched John Meadows using a DB with shorter ROM somewhat and stretch.
I will be also likely going after next to a Metroflex type of spit and dust gym with that machine in there as well,but on these the movement feel a bit more different than the DB version JM does(tried it and feel it better for whatever reason).. hoist type machine is what I think should work best for the complete movement
I've done something similar to this type of pullover with a free motion machine. I would set the arms about 3 steps below the very top so the cable drops would be slightly wider than my shoulders.

I would then grab the handles, turn my back to the machine, and actually get on my knees about 3-4 feet out in front of the machine.

I would then do a pullover type motion to the front of my body.

Kind of hard to describe, but like doing straight bar pulldowns in an arc...but with your body facing opposite of what you usually see people doing.

always felt like hitting back twice a week (one high volume on rowing motion and pulling on the other)
pull ups would be a staple in the beginning, the heavier you are the better!

Taking my back out of the equation, all my workout partners have had great backs.

Pull ups, pull ups, pullups!!!!!!!!!!

I must be doing something right?

Like with anything genetics plays a big role. Then comes form. Most do the standard back width exercises so if they are not working now your form may need to be looked at. Quite often lowering the weight and learning optimal form will give you more results than what you have been doing. Many (including myself) struggle with the mind-muscle connection when it comes to the lats. Activate them and try to progress in weight over time.

Pull ups and pulldowns are your bread and butter movements. Play about (rotate) with grips and intensity techniques. I just trained back width and supersetted pullups with assisted pullups after I failed.

Unilateral training is good for lat training like it is for any bodypart you struggle to get that connection. It also enables you to really drive your elbows down and squeeze the lat. I do them using a seated cable pulldown or I kneel down on the floor facing sidewards to the machine. I like to pull down using a hammer grip and drive my elbows down to my sides then control the weight on the negative. I recommend stretching your lats between sets/exercises as well. If anyone takes igf/hgh/peps etc a couple of pre workout site injects can be useful as well.

do your same pulldowns/pull ups you usually do... slow it down about 1 second slower then your normal eccentric and concentric speed, and then completely stop at the fully lengthened position for 2-3 seconds letting the weight physically stretch your lat.... pull till your elbows wont go any furthur back... pull dont yank it from the full top especially right out the hole when bis are full strecth... dont lean back to get the weight moving w momentum... max lengthening and shortening...

Last edited:
single hand over head pull downs. Sit with a slight 30 degree angle away from cable and grab with the close hand (legs to left, grab with right hand). Last 20% of movement crunch your whole body into it. This can all be done on standard lat pull down cable.

agree

Taking my back out of the equation, all my workout partners have had great backs.

Pull ups, pull ups, pullups!!!!!!!!!!

I must be doing something right?

Brad . . . one handed or two? ;)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws