over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

lateral raises only for delts?

Call me crazy but I also think spot injections (aas and hgh) have helped make my shoulders really strong points of mine.

Funny because some guys say you cant' spot build. But one of my buddies who works for a major supplement company says the many, many pros swear by them. He's always telling me I need to shoot all my stuff in my arms.

I don't do any pressing movements for delts anymore. All lateral, front and rear delt raises and my delts bigger and more capped than ever. All I ever got from doing shoulder presses was hurt..

yep I agree, ive stuck w/ all raises w/ dumbells no cables and my shoulders are huge..i think I will continue this path as my genes are good for shoulders, wish I had legs tho, lol...I will inc volume and do more sets to see if I can spark new growth

I blew my rotator cuff and couldn't shoulder press for 8 weeks. I could do front and side raises though and they never grew so much. In fact they went from a weak body part to one of my strongest. This was while cutting also

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Funny because some guys say you cant' spot build. But one of my buddies who works for a major supplement company says the many, many pros swear by them. He's always telling me I need to shoot all my stuff in my arms.

My biceps seem to respond to site injection of my oils quite well.

I'm

Hmmm, after reading through this thread I think I will try cutting out overhead presses since they can aggravate my shoulder a bit. Glad everyone chimed in on this.

upright rows have been mentioned a couple times in this thread-how many of you use them regularly? I am also starting to get away from pressing movements and wondering if I should throw in upright rows as well. I do a couple light sets as part of my warmup and every time when I am finished I end up thinking "...damn, delts got pumped for such light weight and intensity...".

I guess my question is-since the mechanics of the upright row are closer to a flye than a press, are they a safe option?

What seems to be the general thought process of when to do shoulders? Before and after what other body part? Or do you guys always throw shoulders in with another body part? Or by themselves?

For me, I have always worked shoulders by themselves because there is so much to do on that day. But now you guys are saying you only do 1 exercise (movement) for medial delts. That would definitly free up more time for me in the gym that day.

all works in a typical split,,, right?

What seems to be the general thought process of when to do shoulders? Before and after what other body part? Or do you guys always throw shoulders in with another body part? Or by themselves?

For me, I have always worked shoulders by themselves because there is so much to do on that day. But now you guys are saying you only do 1 exercise (movement) for medial delts. That would definitly free up more time for me in the gym that day.

I do laterals at the end of chest and rears at the end of back

I do laterals at the end of chest and rears at the end of back[/QUO

Samesies! Reason being is I'm only doing side lats after chest and rears after lats, so with that little amount of volume they really don't need their own day

I see a lot of peep doin more then 5 sets of lat raises side, I will inc the number of side latss w/ the purpose of creating that ball like effect w/ caqpped delts ther pretty good so far but can always be better...no presses for me and no rot cuff probs thank god

I can't find it in the search function but emetic posted a video on the proper way to do side last with out using the traps much? Does any one know how to find the thread?

Most bodybuilder have shitty rear delts because they don't work them hard enough. They do their bench press crap and end up with huge front delts and no rear delts. If you want huge symmetrical delts then you don't neglect any aspect of them.

I do military, side laterals, rear laterals, and front laterals super setted with laterals in between the side and front position.

I see a lot of peep doin more then 5 sets of lat raises side, I will inc the number of side latss w/ the purpose of creating that ball like effect w/ caqpped delts ther pretty good so far but can always be better...no presses for me and no rot cuff probs thank god

I usually do about 15-20 sets of side laterals.

This was the right thread at the right time for me.

For some reason every time I do any overhead presses, one of my shoulders is messed up the next day, which brought me to think to just do side lats for shoulders.

I am now convinced that if one has bad shoulder issues, side lats will not hinder any shoulder progression, and possibly preserve the shoulders from further injury.

So after reading this thread when it 1st came out a stopped overhead presses & have stuck to only side raises. My shoulder with the problem / aggravation feels great now & shoulders look great too. It's been about a mount no shoulder presses.

:headbang:

Most bodybuilder have shitty rear delts because they don't work them hard enough. They do their bench press crap and end up with huge front delts and no rear delts. If you want huge symmetrical delts then you don't neglect any aspect of them.

I do military, side laterals, rear laterals, and front laterals super setted with laterals in between the side and front position.

Rear laterals always felt weird to me. Are you doing them bent over or on a bench.

NO...

upright rows have been mentioned a couple times in this thread-how many of you use them regularly? I am also starting to get away from pressing movements and wondering if I should throw in upright rows as well. I do a couple light sets as part of my warmup and every time when I am finished I end up thinking "...damn, delts got pumped for such light weight and intensity...".

I guess my question is-since the mechanics of the upright row are closer to a flye than a press, are they a safe option?

upright rows are NOT a good (safe) shoulder movement, yes they work somewhat but are hard on your rotators, my shoulders are my BEST bodypart and I get comments,compliments and stares at the gym when I am doing side laterals because they pop , and I gave up upright rows about 12 years ago when I found out how bad they were. If you really wanna do them for warm up just stay light and dont pull too high.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity