over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LATS, and magoo

When LATS tells you something you listen! He knows his shit! He is very knowledgeable in this sport and all the aspects of training he discusses work.

TH

HOMPIE.. I NEVER REDUCE WEIGHT UNLESS I HAVE COMPLETELY OVER ESTIMATED MY WEIGHT ON THE FIRST SET AND CAN NOT GET THE REQUIRED REPS.. it is the only way one can really gauge progress.. btw.. you guys need to watch out for trulyhuge in the future.. he is young and will only get better.. he is as dedicated as they come.. never misses a meal and never misses a scheduled workout.. he does this working 40 hours a week and still trying to score with his women.. he will be national bound in a few years.. he has all the time in the world.. aaahhh youth.. it is like anything in life.. you learn as you go along.. he is getting his diet down for shows and learning how his body reacts.. once that is down..it will be interesting.. ;)

LATS said:
HOMPIE.. I NEVER REDUCE WEIGHT UNLESS I HAVE COMPLETELY OVER ESTIMATED MY WEIGHT ON THE FIRST SET AND CAN NOT GET THE REQUIRED REPS.. it is the only way one can really gauge progress..

Lats I didn't say reduce I said INCREASE. Let me ask different, if you barely get 8 reps on the 1st set do you increase the weight for the 2nd set?
Thanks man,
Hompie

SORRY BRO, MISREAD THE POST.. but, the answer is still no.. i will take the first set to max or near and try to hit the same number on the second set.. i will then.. and only then.. increase the weight for the next workout if it warrants it.. hope that helps..

LATS said:
SORRY BRO, MISREAD THE POST.. but, the answer is still no.. i will take the first set to max or near and try to hit the same number on the second set.. i will then.. and only then.. increase the weight for the next workout if it warrants it.. hope that helps..

Indeed it does thanks very much.........

Ive been reading this post and just want to ask a question. From reading this i got that you have 3 choices for your training.

1. you have the 2 movements per body part 2 sets each. With warm up of course

2. the 5x5 program one movement per body part

3. the 10x3 program

Is this right

you could do 6 sets of 4 reps, but lats program is probably more in line with a realistic program fro someone who isnt an athlete

Magoo.....I was reading through some of the archives, and I noticed that you used to be a big DC style advocate. What caused the change to the higher volume routine? I know you've mentioned Pearl and Starr, but what was the root cause of searching out something different, with regard to workout protocols? Most here, and I'm sure you as well, get/got great results with DC.

i used to be more of a big dc advocate because it works and also because it worls well for someone pressed for time

i switched to higher volume with a lesser intensity (1 or two reps short fof failure) as a way to give my cns a break from failure training and as a way to prepare myself for more sports specific training...for example on hang cleans it is much better to do mulitple sets of low reps as a way to overload the movement because exercises like cleans are not something you really "push" or "pull" to failure, u get it smoothly or not at all

Magoo - Just saw you made a post the other day, so you are still around it seems. What kind of workout protocol have you migrated to these days. I always love to hear your thoughts, and I'm sure the board will benefit from it as well.

These are the type of posts that make this board great.

I thought I'd bring it up once again for newer members.

Thanks Sig. I personally needed to come across a thread like this because I've become a bit disenchanted with ProMuscle lately due to all the drama. If you have any other gems, or anyone else for that matter, bump them because I'd like to read them.

[lang=de]Question directed to everyone following this thread:

any chance you guys get sore while following LATS 3 alternating workouts/week program? I don't that much which makes me wonder if enough growth's happening ...probably an unnecessary fear as long as I push myself each workout right?[/lang]

any chance you guys get sore while following LATS 3 alternating workouts/week program? I don't that much which makes me wonder if enough growth's happening ...probably an unnecessary fear as long as I push myself each workout right?[/lang]

Awesome thread. Thanks for bumping Comedy.

Gift, correct, not to worry. As long as you're getting stronger workout to workout, or week to week, I'd say it's working. Of course, over a few months time, I'd guess you'd also see some increase in scale weight.

After 20 years of doing this, I'd err on the side of more recovery than more intensity or volume. Could you grow more with maybe some un-knowable amount of reps, say one more set of 4 or something for your personal recovery ability? Maybe. But screw it up and drain the CNS and it will definitely STOP growth or cause a backslide. And it can take weeks to recover from that. During which time no gains will happen at all. So keep doing what you're doing as long as it's producing something. A little something over a long period = a LOT :)

Last edited:

its pretty much exclusively how i train nowadays. i rarely get sore, but i get VERY strong, and usually add a lot of mass. I just make sure to add weight every workout. If i find myself getting sore, burnout is usually soon to follow and i need a week or 2 off.

[lang=de]Very interesting ...any proven link between soreness and upcoming burnout/CNS overkill?

I just can't develop this from my personal experience.[/lang]

Dunno about the research on being sore indicating growth or not. That's actually a big topic of heated debate round these parts. LOL. Readyset may just use this to gauge his own coming burnout. (He can answer when he sees this, just a guess on my part because soreness means something different in my case).

I gauge my impending backslide on NOT getting sore at all. If I can't get sore OR can't get an extra reps or few lbs on the bar for two consecutive workouts, I know burnout has happened or is coming. It's strange, it actually feels like not being explosive. When I'm firing hard, I know I'll get stronger and grow. When Im not firing hard, feel slow and the weights feel heavier than usual I know I gotta be careful...or I'm dieting. LOL

[lang=de]Mb it's not an impending backslide / burnout but just the way you feel this day ...not enough sleep, distractions, lack of motivation, whatever...[/lang]

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws