advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lats..Help,tips or tricks on bringing them up.

vanilla gorilla said:
Rajjin,

Hey bro, what are you doing?

When doing pulldowns to the front with the lat bar, grip the bar, but instead of using a monkey grip (thumbs over curve on bar) put the thumbs under the bar and press into the curve upside down. Dexter does this in his dvd. It helped me a lot. Just pull until it comes down to chin level. Try a heavy weight for a couple of weeks until you get 10 reps. Just stop at 10. Don't try to work till failure. Trust me. Get the hang first.

Massive G..uh...G...uh..G..UNIT.... is right. (sorry, trying to copy fitty cent) Try the Dogg Chin. I did these and couldn't wipe my ass for 3 days. No pun intended, but no shit. Seriously.

VG,
good to see you around bro..
The Dogg chins got ya huh :) Thats what I like to here... Thanks you for your help. Glad to see you posting here.

Next back day Ill try this..

Dogchins with reverse Grip..HIGH up to chest, strict,smooth,controlled,rest and pause.

DB rows to the Hip Flexmaster style-------
get into normal bent over db rows position on a flat bench, depending on your size i would go somewhere between 40-60lbs, somewhere aroun 15 reps to start...error on the conservative side(weight wise) because we are trying to use the lats to grow and if you cannot feel them working because you are using too much weight it's over. i keep my back at about a 40-45*angle. now anytime i do back stuff i view my hands as hooks, gripping the bar with my thumb next to my index finger. now, dont let your elbow flare out, keep it right next to your body, and pull the db to just above your hip bone. too many guys pull it up high like to thier arm pit, that works upper back rather than lats. when you get the db to your hip, try and pull your elbow behind your back. it might only go 2-3'' behind you but trust me, try it. also, get a full stretch at the bottom. dont go too fast either, control the weight. also, stretch between sets by grabbing onto a vertical bar, about hip height and relaxing that entire side of your body except for your fingers. again, your hand should be in a hook shape with index finger next to your thumb. hold the stretch for 30-45 sec each side.

and Low Pulleys concentrating On the Lats and Contracting the Back
again with smooth controlled Movements.. Nandro style-----
use a seated cable row. lean forward towards the pulley until your chest nearly touches your legs. stay in that postion and pull. don't extend at hips. keep your head down.

ITll deffinatley be differant then My usual
deadlifts, Rows, Lat pulldowns... But you guys have give me some great ideas
and new things to work on. Thanks again to everyone and anyone I may have missed.

rAJJIN said:
Next back day Ill try this..

Dogchins with reverse Grip..HIGH up to chest, strict,smooth,controlled,rest and pause.

DB rows to the Hip Flexmaster style-------
get into normal bent over db rows position on a flat bench, depending on your size i would go somewhere between 40-60lbs, somewhere aroun 15 reps to start...error on the conservative side(weight wise) because we are trying to use the lats to grow and if you cannot feel them working because you are using too much weight it's over. i keep my back at about a 40-45*angle. now anytime i do back stuff i view my hands as hooks, gripping the bar with my thumb next to my index finger. now, dont let your elbow flare out, keep it right next to your body, and pull the db to just above your hip bone. too many guys pull it up high like to thier arm pit, that works upper back rather than lats. when you get the db to your hip, try and pull your elbow behind your back. it might only go 2-3'' behind you but trust me, try it. also, get a full stretch at the bottom. dont go too fast either, control the weight. also, stretch between sets by grabbing onto a vertical bar, about hip height and relaxing that entire side of your body except for your fingers. again, your hand should be in a hook shape with index finger next to your thumb. hold the stretch for 30-45 sec each side.

and Low Pulleys concentrating On the Lats and Contracting the Back
again with smooth controlled Movements.. Nandro style-----
use a seated cable row. lean forward towards the pulley until your chest nearly touches your legs. stay in that postion and pull. don't extend at hips. keep your head down.

ITll deffinatley be differant then My usual
deadlifts, Rows, Lat pulldowns... But you guys have give me some great ideas
and new things to work on. Thanks again to everyone and anyone I may have missed.
awesome brotha, let me know if you have any q's about the form on this. if you do it exactly as i said you will definately feel it more than ever in your lats.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws