over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LAWRENCE TAYLOR ARRESTED

With the age question, and the law. Would you think it would be proper to arrest and incarerate an 18 year old senior in high school for having sex with a 16 year old sophomore? I know the case of LT is very much different from this hypothetical situation, but the 18 year old senior in this case would have by law commited statutory rape. I know when I was in high school there were plenty of boys that would have been guilty of that.

Should the 18 year old boy be excused from the law because he is only 2 years older than the girl and should LT be imprisoned because of his much older age? In both cases the sex was consensual, although by law it seems anyone not a legal adult cannot legally consent. If two young people aged 16 have sex together, has there been a law broken? I guess the answer is no because they are both minors? If this hooker had been 2 years older at the age of 18 then none of this would matter.

not even close to what we're talking about.

not even close to what we're talking about.

Well, the law is the law. How many guys on here would be guilty of statutory rape? I know plenty of guys that were 18 in school and had sex with girls that were 16 years old. Those guys know that the girl is underage too, and knowingly broke the law. LT looks to have been lied to and was never under the impression she was under age, so he wasnt aware he was breaking that law. Under the law though both the 18 yr old kid and the middle aged football player are just as guilty.

Again I am in no way defending LT or what he did. I am simply saying that money and effort would be better directed toward keeping the 16 year old girls from knocking on hotel room doors in the first place. In this situation they will spend millions on the conviction and the incarceration when this money could be better spent on programs to help young runaways who are on the streets and vulnerable to pimps and tricks.
I seriously doubt that LT requested an under-aged girl be sent to his room, so in a sense he is a victim also. But as is usually the case with law enforcement and our legal system, it’s not about helping the victims or justice or morality. It’s about the local police dept and the prosecutor’s office getting the attention they want. They caught the bad-guy and locked him up. Problem solved right?
LT will probably get what he deserves and maybe this will serve as a deterrent for other celebrity types to risk having sex with a girl who might possibly be a minor.
The first part of your post you seem to want to argue a point i'm disagreeing with, more effort to crack down on child molestation, damn skippy, i''d bet that is likely the leading cause of young girls getting in this situation.

The police were called, they did their job and arrested the suspected perp, what are you saying, they should let LT go because he's a celebrity? Now if they were bird dogging LT, then your point is valid, but for simply doing their job, what more would you ask them to do??

I'll say it one more time: fame and fortune has it's price, LT knows that, and there's a risk when buying sex, i mean did he think the pimp was a honest upstanding fella? He f'd up, got caught, now he pays the price, like any of us. Difference is he gets media coverage, because he's a celebrity, and, let's say it all together, fame and fortune has it's price.

Well, the law is the law. How many guys on here would be guilty of statutory rape? I know plenty of guys that were 18 in school and had sex with girls that were 16 years old. Those guys know that the girl is underage too, and knowingly broke the law. LT looks to have been lied to and was never under the impression she was under age, so he wasnt aware he was breaking that law. Under the law though both the 18 yr old kid and the middle aged football player are just as guilty.

So what is your point in all this? Are you trying to convince me that LT needs to be given some slack? Are you advocating that sex with underage girls is ok because a 18yo having sex with a 16yo girl is the same as a 51 yo man raping a 16yo? You must not have daughters

Yep the law is the law

And here is a great (if not tragic) example of this in action:

An 18 year old kid from my area graduated HS, and met a pretty girl. She LIED to him and told him she had also just graduated, and they spent the summer together. When he met he parents, they informed him she had JUST turned 16! He freaked out, but the parent were cool about it. Still, he went to the police station, and reported himself, just to make sure they knew he had no intentions of having sex with a minor (as they had had sex) and guess what? Today (3 yrs later) he is a registered sex offender, had to do a 6 month prison boot camp, and is on probation for 5 years. The parents never pressed the matter, the state did.

I for one, had sex with several girls under 18 when I was 18. Now, I would never have told on myself, lol, but justice is usually blind.

As for LT, well, considering his past and the problems he has had, he honestly should have known better. He cannot put himself in situations like these. He has gotten a lot of slaps on the wrist, but this time he has to have consequences. I loved watching him play football, but as a person he is a disaster. I have read his books, and watched countless interviews -- and I just do not get how and why he allows himself to get so sucked into the underworld of life. He has had it all, and though I thought he had learned lessons, I guess I was wrong. Perhaps jail is the best place for him. There is a price to fame and fortune (like someone said) and with that comes responsibility -- something he has never understood. He likes to have fame and attention, the money, but when the fuck is he ever going to grow up???

Last edited:
So what is your point in all this? Are you trying to convince me that LT needs to be given some slack? Are you advocating that sex with underage girls is ok because a 18yo having sex with a 16yo girl is the same as a 51 yo man raping a 16yo? You must not have daughters

I just feel that if someone is lied to about a person's age, and that person could be believed by a reasonable citizen to be of legal age, that they should not be guilty of such a crime. I know the law doesnt work that way, but to me it seems unfair. Most of us could care less if an 18 year old is having sex with a 15 year old girl and it was consensual.

I have two daughters, both very young. I am just trying to look put myself in his shoes. Sure he broke the law by using a prostitute, but he had no idea she was not of legal age. Im not saying what he did was morally right, but im not willing to jump on the band wagon and lynch the guy. Like Knucklehed said, money and effort could be much better spent going after the root of the problem. That pimp is the man that should do some really hard time. He is the main culprit. The media could care less about him though since he is not famous.

State of New York

State of New York:
layman's synopsis of the crime he committed (allegedly)

Third-degree rape for anyone age 21 or older to have sexual intercourse with someone under age 17-
Up to four years in prison

Second-degree rape for anyone age 18 or older to engage in sexual intercourse with someone under age 15. The fact that the offender was less than four years older than the victim at the time of the act is an affirmative defense. -Up to seven years in prison

First-degree rape to have sexual intercourse with someone (1) less than age 11 or (2) less than age 13 if the actor is age 18 or older
Five to 25 years in prison

or for you more detail oriented members just google
New York Penal Law 130

State of New York:
layman's synopsis of the crime he committed (allegedly)

Third-degree rape for anyone age 21 or older to have sexual intercourse with someone under age 17-
Up to four years in prison

Second-degree rape for anyone age 18 or older to engage in sexual intercourse with someone under age 15. The fact that the offender was less than four years older than the victim at the time of the act is an affirmative defense. -Up to seven years in prison

First-degree rape to have sexual intercourse with someone (1) less than age 11 or (2) less than age 13 if the actor is age 18 or older
Five to 25 years in prison

that lays it out well. Those laws would at least protect the seniors in high school that choose to partake in pleasures with youger girls. Sounds like hes in for 3rd degree if they can prove he had sex with her. It is up to the prosecution to convince the jury that he had sex with her, right? I sat in on jury duty once on a case that lasted 5 days. We had to make some tough decisions in that case. Its not a pleasant thing to do. In the case I was in on, a mother was on trial for giving her daughter methadone. The daughter died of an overdose and she was just 19 years old and a college freshman.

that lays it out well. Those laws would at least protect the seniors in high school that choose to partake in pleasures with youger girls. Sounds like hes in for 3rd degree if they can prove he had sex with her. It is up to the prosecution to convince the jury that he had sex with her, right? I sat in on jury duty once on a case that lasted 5 days. We had to make some tough decisions in that case. Its not a pleasant thing to do. In the case I was in on, a mother was on trial for giving her daughter methadone. The daughter died of an overdose and she was just 19 years old and a college freshman.
this man was in the room with a prostitute......how hard is it going to be to convince a jury of what they were doing........

this man was in the room with a prostitute......how hard is it going to be to convince a jury of what they were doing........

How can they even prove he was in the room with her? Unless they have witnesses that saw her go in, its his word against hers.

I believe there was a news report that said when LT was arrested he asked the arresting officers if he could use the bathroom and they said NO! To which they went in and retrieved what ever was in there that he wanted to get to first. What it was? No idea. Did they get anything? No idea. I'm sure the special victims unit took her to the hospital and took swab samples of her private parts for evidence later on. So we'll see.

How can they even prove he was in the room with her? Unless they have witnesses that saw her go in, its his word against hers.

This is almost 99% of the time done, when a rape has occured. And the victim is cooperating and pressing charges. You cant force a person to have a swab done if they dont want to. Mayeba court ordered one. But in this case I believe since she was a minor and was cooperating they may have asked her uncle to have her private parts swabbed. It seems he was the one she confided in. So he would have given consent as the closest of kin. Again, I am just guessing here.

Where I work we have a special victims unit on our property. And believe me, when they come in they are of all shapes, sizes and colors. It's a shame to hear half of their stories.

I believe the prosecution is going to cut a deal with the pimp in order to get a statement from him saying he dropped off the girl with LT's full knowledge that the intent was to have sex with her, and he was fully aware that she was a minor and specifically asked for a minor. (maybe on the latter part) But this shifts some of the focus away from the pimp and more on LT.

(how am I doing so far Joe?) lol

beyond a reasonable doubt is tough to prove, them being in a hotel room does not prove beyond a reasonable doubt they were having sex

Yes, the prosecution has to prove each and every element of the crime charged using evidence that they are allowed to use.
Remember OJ? he won because his brilliant legal team kept certain pieces of evidence away from the jury

beyond a reasonable doubt is tough to prove, them being in a hotel room does not prove beyond a reasonable doubt they were having sex

YOURE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!maybe he payed a prostitute to come over and play scrabble.......REASONABLE DOUBT.......COME ON MAN......WHY DO PEOPLE GO TO PROSTITUTES?......GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Seems to me it might be a good idea to lock up this 16yo prostitute for a couple years considering every time she does her "job", she is participating in a felony rape.

YOURE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!maybe he payed a prostitute to come over and play scrabble.......REASONABLE DOUBT.......COME ON MAN......WHY DO PEOPLE GO TO PROSTITUTES?......GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

You obviously do not understand the legal definition of beyond a reasonable doubt. and I am not going to spend the time to attempt to help you do that.

wow!!!!!!!!thats it.......put the girl on trial......make her out to be the bad guy......she is a MINOR.........LT IS AN ADULT.......arresting her is fine with me,she broke the law too...she is guilty of a misdemeanor.....WHAT THE FVCK IS UP WITH YOU PEOPLE DEFENDING THIS GUY?.....i really find some of these responses crazy.......do you people have children?.....do you care about the youth today? this situation is sad.......THANK GOD some of you arent running the penal system.....:mad:

You obviously do not understand the legal definition of beyond a reasonable doubt. and I am not going to spend the time to attempt to help you do that.

so why do youthink people keep the company of prostitutes......einstein

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner