over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Layne norton training

I used it several years ago. I liked it a lot but I have since adapted my training to what suits me better personally. I did like the variety in loads and rep schemes, which I feel allows one to see how their body responds to various loads and rep ranges.

IMO, any training program that provides for progressive overload will be effective. The differences in programs tend to be between the frequency, volume, and/or intensity and because each of us is different genetically, has different nutritional habits and different recovery abilities, we are going to find that certain individuals tend to gravitate and respond better to some programs than others. By getting in tune with what you respond to best you can take a given program and makes tweaks to it to match your unique capabilities.

Give the program a try and see how your body responds.... learn from how you respond to this program and adapt your training accordingly

Its good until you hit a plateau. Then you'll need to change it to prevent adaption. Same rule for every other training method out there.

Its good until you hit a plateau. Then you'll need to change it to prevent adaption. Same rule for every other training method out there.

Isn't adaptation what we are seeking? I have been doing the same type of training for years and have been constantly progressing. When it comes to hitting a plateau I usually change my nutrition or specific exercises and maybe rep changes, but the training methods stay the same. Changing your entire program seems a bit unnecessary to me. Seems like a magazine style mentality to just drop everything and try entirely different protocols.

That being said, I have tried other methods in my past and sometimes when I'm cruising from a workout blast(not gear blast/cruise) I'll try something much different just for fun or just for the sake of doing something different. That's about it though. Just my humble opinion :).

I just can't take anything Layne Norton says seriously after all the "metabolic damage" garbage he has spewed.

I just can't take anything Layne Norton says seriously after all the "metabolic damage" garbage he has spewed.

While I don't like the name of it and Layne has said that as well, I agree it makes sense. If you diet extremely low cal and do a ton of cardio, after a contest you need to be careful how you approach getting back into your offseason eating or else you may have a very unfavourable rebound. Obviously males and males that use gear don't have to worry that much, but to me the logic is sound.

Not sure why most people make such a big deal over this phenomenon that isn't news, just has been relabeled with a new name for some hype. If a natty female diets to the extreme and binge eats after a contest for a week or two you can bet they will destroy their physique and that probably isn't good for their mental health considering some female competitors suffer from eating and exercise disorders already. So I wouldn't call it garbage. Just my opinion.

While I don't like the name of it and Layne has said that as well, I agree it makes sense. If you diet extremely low cal and do a ton of cardio, after a contest you need to be careful how you approach getting back into your offseason eating or else you may have a very unfavourable rebound. Obviously males and males that use gear don't have to worry that much, but to me the logic is sound.

Not sure why most people make such a big deal over this phenomenon that isn't news, just has been relabeled with a new name for some hype. If a natty female diets to the extreme and binge eats after a contest for a week or two you can bet they will destroy their physique and that probably isn't good for their mental health considering some female competitors suffer from eating and exercise disorders already. So I wouldn't call it garbage. Just my opinion.

Because he is speaking of mostly bikini competitors. Your telling me a chick who has to lose like 15 pounds for a bikini show is suffering from metabolic damage but bodybuilders who consistently lose 40-50 pounds for shows over and over manage just fine? Please. He's trying to take advantage of people's innate laziness and uses the fact that he has a Phd. to push it. Of course binge eating isnt good for you but he acts like it's revolutionary info. And if they suffer from anxiety and eating disorders, how will him telling them they don't need cardio be helpful?

Because he is speaking of mostly bikini competitors. Your telling me a chick who has to lose like 15 pounds for a bikini show is suffering from metabolic damage but bodybuilders who consistently lose 40-50 pounds for shows over and over manage just fine? Please. He's trying to take advantage of people's innate laziness and uses the fact that he has a Phd. to push it. Of course binge eating isnt good for you but he acts like it's revolutionary info. And if they suffer from anxiety and eating disorders, how will him telling them they don't need cardio be helpful?

well that's the nature of competing and you're clearly not seeing the bigger picture. Most bikini girls are already on lower calorie diets with a good amount of cardio so obviously dropping 15 pounds is going to be hard when they are starting their diets at lets say 1800 cals a week. There is only so much wiggle room before you start getting dangerously low in your daily caloric intake. Wheres a body builder who's around 280 offseason and competes at lets say 230 is probably eating anywhere from 3500 to 5000 cals a day so he has a ton of room to slowly remove calories and lose a lot of weight over a long period of time.

It all comes down to the term metabolic capacity. You clearly don't have a very strong understanding of layne's videos because it all makes sense. The term metabolic damage basically means metabolic adaptation. The body is not a static system. It is always changing and if you cannot understand how the metabolism adapts and how it will be more "risky"/difficult for a bikini competitor to lose 15 pounds while already being on low cals with cardio vs a huge bodybuilder on gear taking in a TON of calories, then I don't know what to say.

Low cals is subjective. The larger or smaller you are obviously effects your caloric requiremnts. If she only weighs 112 pounds it really doesn't take that many calories for her body to function. Dropping a few of them to lose a couple pounds is not any more stressful on her than it would be on anyone else. It's a bodyweight/calorie ratio thing. 1800 calories like you stated might actually be an offseason calorie amount for someone so small. Plenty of bodybuilders work themselves into the ground with cardio and absolutely starve themselves the last few weeks and still manage just fine. Does it have some effect on your metabolism? Yes. But if your not a moron when you come off and don't start pounding brownies and pizza youll be just fine. To try to package this shit up like it's revolutionary and your the only guy who gets it is stupid.

Last edited:
Looking at those pics, I'm not sure I believe he is full natural. He is by no means huge but he is developed.

Low cals is subjective. The larger or smaller you are obviously effects your caloric requiremnts. If she only weighs 112 pounds it really doesn't take that many calories for her body to function. Dropping a few of them to lose a couple pounds is not any more stressful on her than it would be on anyone else. It's a bodyweight/calorie ratio thing. 1800 calories like you stated might actually be an offseason calorie amount for someone so small. Plenty of bodybuilders work themselves into the ground with cardio and absolutely starve themselves the last few weeks and still manage just fine. Does it have some effect on your metabolism? Yes. But if your not a moron when you come off and don't start pounding brownies and pizza youll be just fine. To try to package this shit up like it's revolutionary and your the only guy who gets it is stupid.

males have different hormones in their corner and I don't see too many males going below 1800 cals. I don't care if the girl weights 100 pounds or less.....anything below 1200 cals is basically not enough for daily function. You seem to be missing the point. I have seen females that are around 110 pounds that can take in almost 3000cals a day and not gain weight.....metabolism is dynamic in nature....

All he is saying is if a girl pounds herself into the ground and is doing hours of cardio a day and eating 1200 cals or less, their rebound is not going to be fun unless they carefully reverse diet because of how the metabolism will adapt. These bikini girls usually don't have gear or large amounts of muscle to boost their metabolism. The logic is sound. I agree it isn't new or revolutionary, but he's just putting the info out there and trying to coin the term. Nothing more. Does this really not make sense to you? You're comparing apples to oranges when it comes to bodybuilders and the other divisions...

The revolutionary thing is not that it exists. Everyone knows that the post contest rebound is mostly fat gain. Especially for naturals. Especially when one goes overboard. If somebody really blows it, they end up at a higher body fat on less maintenance cals.

The "new" thing about this information is that scientists are now starting to take a serious look at this phenomena on an academic level. Not that it happens, but HOW and WHY with evidence that is controlled. Not based on anecdotes and logic (which are both important in their own right).

Also, I feel sorry for the poster who thinks you can't be developed without drugs. :eek:. Layne has looked exactly the same for like the past 8 years lol! The poor guy still pounds away at the weights. Regardless of his business interests, hard (for me) not to respect his work ethic.

Last edited:
males have different hormones in their corner and I don't see too many males going below 1800 cals. I don't care if the girl weights 100 pounds or less.....anything below 1200 cals is basically not enough for daily function. You seem to be missing the point. I have seen females that are around 110 pounds that can take in almost 3000cals a day and not gain weight.....metabolism is dynamic in nature....

All he is saying is if a girl pounds herself into the ground and is doing hours of cardio a day and eating 1200 cals or less, their rebound is not going to be fun unless they carefully reverse diet because of how the metabolism will adapt. These bikini girls usually don't have gear or large amounts of muscle to boost their metabolism. The logic is sound. I agree it isn't new or revolutionary, but he's just putting the info out there and trying to coin the term. Nothing more. Does this really not make sense to you? You're comparing apples to oranges when it comes to bodybuilders and the other divisions...
Trust me, I undrestand it. I've personally seen plenty of these bikini and figure girls prepping and none of them are working themselves into the ground. I just don't buy it

Looking at those pics, I'm not sure I believe he is full natural. He is by no means huge but he is developed.

He's not natural and never has been. He's a juicer with shit genetics who would rather claim natural than let people know that even with gear he doesn't have it genetically to stand with the pro's.

And on top of that he makes money selling bullshit supps to the unknowing masses. The supplement industry's survival is contingent upon the premise that a certain look is attainable natural, when we all know that is not the case.

Good thinking flip, I forgot you have to watch what you say about this dude(tried to delete post but was too late). I'll be waiting for the "cease and desist" letter from his attorney lol.:)

Attachments

• layne.jpg
    layne.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 548
I believe Layne's natural. I've seen him on the message boards for over 10 years..he is as dedicated as they come and extremely intelligent. It seems like its quite a diss if someone says your physique is natural anyway..

In terms of PHAT training, I had to dramatically decrease the volume from Layne's outline. Great program

Like any person here if we where in his position we would pimp any product as long as plenty of green is the objective......:D

I can attest that in terms of metabolic damage after a show, to a degree it exists. When I dieted down for my first show natty, I went from 207 to 168 an dieted from January to June. Right after the show I binged and put on 13 lbs, it was mostly water but I did keep like 7-8lbs of it. Also my sex drive was insanely low and I felt like shit, my strength also took a huge hit from 2 weeks out to after the competition. Was not a good feeling. Will never compete natty again :)

Have any of you guys used this His Power/Hypertrophy Routine? A buddy of mine said it has been kicking his ass, looks like a good way to hit each muscle twice a week. What do you guys think?

\Mega Feature: Layne Norton Training Series + Full Power/Hypertrophy Routine (Updated 2011) | SimplyShredded.com

He's not natural and never has been. He's a juicer with shit genetics who would rather claim natural than let people know that even with gear he doesn't have it genetically to stand with the pro's.

And on top of that he makes money selling bullshit supps to the unknowing masses. The supplement industry's survival is contingent upon the premise that a certain look is attainable natural, when we all know that is not the case.

Looks like a pretty sound guide. Also looks like he's put some time into putting it together. I have a certain way I train that I know for a a fact works for myself but I'd love to do something like this for a while.

And as far a Layne being natty and as far as his gentics are concerned he's got damn good genetics and he looks natty to me. I think he just knows how to dial it in. And he trains his ass off too. Just like anybody calling BS on doug miller, just shows how jealous people are and the limitations they put on themselves.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear