over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Layne Norton

I can answer you right now...

If that person said this: "basically that eating shitty carbs all day"...then they utterly fail to understand the concept of IIFYM. That is NOT why Layne and others, including myself, promote IIFYM style eating. Saying that means you and whoever asked the question is completely missing the point. It's not an excuse to eat shit all day. It's to avoid binge eating disorders, strict dietary boundaries, and an unhealthy relationship with food. When you see girls with this problem (and men as well, but not as common) every single day and it's ALWAYS because of 'clean' eating and very strict dietary boundaries, you realize that IIFYM with eating any type of food in moderation and being reasonable is the way to hit macro targets. If this isn't clear, PM me and I will send you an article on the matter. People who say what you just said don't get the point of IIFYM. It isn't about eating crap. It's about avoiding unhealthy eating patters and learning to hit your macros in a healthy, sustainable way. If someone asked that question, it means they have not listened to a word layne has spoken.

For instance, one example:

A few weeks ago Layne had posted something on his facebook about IIFYM, basically stating if someone doesn't believe in IIFYM, you should run from them because they are a guru. (Which I disagree with by the way)...

Anyways, I saw someone comment under it talking about the difference in the bodies hormonal response between a high GI and low GI carb and how they didn't understand from a body composition standpoint how IIFYM made sense (basically that eating shitty carbs all day would promote more fatty acid synthesis than eating carbs like brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoes). The person went into a lot of specifics about glycogenesis, the citric acid cycle, and fatty acid synthesis and how those are regulated. And then at the end asked Layne, "I know I'm not an expert, but it just doesn't make sense to me based on these things. Could you explain in more detail how this works in our body?"

To which Layne simply responded, "Well folks, the guru forecast is 100% today!!!!!" This comment was followed by the 3 or 4 guys, who wish they could be Layne, truly believe everything Layne says is the end-all, and "regulate" every thread Layne starts on facebook or instagram, laying into this poor guy who simply wanted to learn something. No one, including Layne ever offered to give a good scientific reasoning.

It just turns me off seeing that nonsense. The guy put some serious thought into what he was saying, to simply get blasted. No need for that crap IMO. I quit following Layne on FB and IG that day.

If that person said this: "basically that eating shitty carbs all day"...then they utterly fail to understand the concept of IIFYM. That is NOT why Layne and others, including myself, promote IIFYM style eating. Saying that means you and whoever asked the question is completely missing the point. It's not an excuse to eat shit all day. It's to avoid binge eating disorders, strict dietary boundaries, and an unhealthy relationship with food. When you see girls with this problem (and men as well, but not as common) every single day and it's ALWAYS because of 'clean' eating and very strict dietary boundaries, you realize that IIFYM with eating any type of food in moderation and being reasonable is the way to hit macro targets. If this isn't clear, PM me and I will send you an article on the matter. People who say what you just said don't get the point of IIFYM. It isn't about eating crap. It's about avoiding unhealthy eating patters and learning to hit your macros in a healthy, sustainable way. If someone asked that question, it means they have not listened to a word layne has spoken.

I'm not saying I fully agree with the guy who asked the question. However, you can't argue that a pop tart is as nutrient dense as a sweet potato (just as an example). From a macronutrient standpoint, IIFYM might work, but from a micronutrient standpoint, I don't believe it can.

Some people may very well be able to successfully use IIFYM. However for many, I truly believe it is just an excuse to get their shit fix in on a daily basis. And when used that way I don't think IIFYM is a good thing.

Everyone has to do what works for them though, whatever that is. If you get results from it and you like doing it, for heavens sake, keep doing it.

I still see NO reason for Layne to react to people like that, which is why I choose to no longer follow him. He's gotten worse and worse about it over the past 6 months, and it just became too much for me. I'd rather spend my time learning from someone who has a positive attitude.

Layne is very knowledgeable and I for one enjoy listening to his blogs, funny so many people bash him for talking about what seems old news but we still get people on here asking does tren cause sweating:D he has valid points and certain things need to be discussed over and over as many women are doing more harm then good due to people who have internet PT certificates and zero knowledge when it comes to diet. To many people take a nutrition class and write diets which in most parts of the USA is against the law unless your a dietician

We need more people to teach the proper way of eating....

lmao...you are STILL missing the point. It's flying right over your head.

I'm not saying I fully agree with the guy who asked the question. However, you can't argue that a pop tart is as nutrient dense as a sweet potato (just as an example). From a macronutrient standpoint, IIFYM might work, but from a micronutrient standpoint, I don't believe it can.

Some people may very well be able to successfully use IIFYM. However for many, I truly believe it is just an excuse to get their shit fix in on a daily basis. And when used that way I don't think IIFYM is a good thing.

Everyone has to do what works for them though, whatever that is. If you get results from it and you like doing it, for heavens sake, keep doing it.

I still see NO reason for Layne to react to people like that, which is why I choose to no longer follow him. He's gotten worse and worse about it over the past 6 months, and it just became too much for me. I'd rather spend my time learning from someone who has a positive attitude.

Actually in some cases of comparisons, so called "clean foods" are not as nutrient dense as "dirty foods".

And no one who's responsibly endorsing IIFYM is saying to not have micronutrient and EFA needs met.

I see your point in cases in which IIFYM is done to an extreme, but that's not what responsible people are encouraging.

I do agree with you regarding Layne's attitude. He might be a nice guy, and I'd like to assume he is, but he's gotten a bit obnoxious lately.

Last edited:

Great post! Though I don't I've personally had great success with dietary adherence and body composition changes in the past two years with the IIFYM approach as well as those I help out, my friends, and my fiance.

No one responsibly endorsing IIFYM is saying not to have bases.

My approach is even a bit more liberal; I pay most attention to these bases and then make up the rest of the remaining total caloric allotment with what I or the person wants.

> total protein amount
> EFA's
> veggies and fruits
> rest: what person wants, including so called "dirty foods" in reasonable amounts

For instance, one example:

A few weeks ago Layne had posted something on his facebook about IIFYM, basically stating if someone doesn't believe in IIFYM, you should run from them because they are a guru. (Which I disagree with by the way)...

Anyways, I saw someone comment under it talking about the difference in the bodies hormonal response between a high GI and low GI carb and how they didn't understand from a body composition standpoint how IIFYM made sense (basically that eating shitty carbs all day would promote more fatty acid synthesis than eating carbs like brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoes). The person went into a lot of specifics about glycogenesis, the citric acid cycle, and fatty acid synthesis and how those are regulated. And then at the end asked Layne, "I know I'm not an expert, but it just doesn't make sense to me based on these things. Could you explain in more detail how this works in our body?"

To which Layne simply responded, "Well folks, the guru forecast is 100% today!!!!!" This comment was followed by the 3 or 4 guys, who wish they could be Layne, truly believe everything Layne says is the end-all, and "regulate" every thread Layne starts on facebook or instagram, laying into this poor guy who simply wanted to learn something. No one, including Layne ever offered to give a good scientific reasoning.

It just turns me off seeing that nonsense. The guy put some serious thought into what he was saying, to simply get blasted. No need for that crap IMO. I quit following Layne on FB and IG that day.

At this point in time are you surprised that there are some uncouth, rude, and distasteful people involved in fitness and bodybuilding?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws