over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LDN anyone?

Zarati

Registered
Anyone here fan of LDN?

My package will arrive soon and giving it a go, been researching on this for the past 2 months.

I advise people to seriously dig into LDN

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDCn0JWv6Io"]The LDN Story (A documentary about low dose naltrexone) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I've heard of it, but I dunno if it would really benefit me. My immune system seems strong as fuck. I had an ex-gf who had an auto-immune disorder that I know would have benefited from it.

Why are you interested in it out of curiosity?

I've heard of it, but I dunno if it would really benefit me. My immune system seems strong as fuck. I had an ex-gf who had an auto-immune disorder that I know would have benefited from it.

Why are you interested in it out of curiosity?

well being, better sleep (once insomnia fades away), more energy, overall it's a good supplement. We all take a shit ton of supplements, why not add this. I will see if it helps me or not, from everything I read online, most people love it

I have pretty much every symptom that LDN would be beneficial for and I have an old bottle of solution from irc.bio but I’ve been afraid to use it because you have to take it at night before bed and I hate taking anything I’ve never tried before and then going to sleep. Some people get side effects like anxiety, nausea and insomnia and I have yet to find a night where I could afford losing a nights sleep due to that. I plan to only try 1mg for my first dose I’m just waiting for the opportunity.

I have pretty much every symptom that LDN would be beneficial for and I have an old bottle of solution from irc.bio but I’ve been afraid to use it because you have to take it at night before bed and I hate taking anything I’ve never tried before and then going to sleep. Some people get side effects like anxiety, nausea and insomnia and I have yet to find a night where I could afford losing a nights sleep due to that. I plan to only try 1mg for my first dose I’m just waiting for the opportunity.

I was researching it and found a common strategy people use is to dose it when waking up in early AM to pee. That way your body is already in sleep mode and you fall right back asleep before it hits you. Instead of taking it at say 10pm and trying to fall asleep.

I also didn't take it because of insomnia. I hate insomnia....sleep is literally one of the most important thing for recovery maybe even more important than diet imo.

Are you treating a specific medical condition? LDN can be powerful. Yes, you can use it as a life extension drug as well, but there are risks. Try not to buy into all the hype, I realize t is touted as a wonder drug, but be careful.

well being, better sleep (once insomnia fades away), more energy, overall it's a good supplement. We all take a shit ton of supplements, why not add this. I will see if it helps me or not, from everything I read online, most people love it

You are just taking it for fun? It modulates immune function. If you think that means good in every case you have a simplistic view of the complexities of mammal immune system. Don’t get taken in by online communities around certain drugs, protocols, diets, etc. Once you learn enough about a drug etc you can put together just as negative a picture as all good posts about it.

You should never take drugs on a whim like this. I used it for a specific purpose, a health condition, and even then I stopped as soon as I could. It isn’t easy to use as a prophylactic against cancer and aging because of the drug metabolism and half-life doesn’t really match natural circadian rhythms in humans.

Last edited:

The glial cell inhibiting effects happen in MICROgram (ug) dose ranges. 1mg is a huge dose relative to that. You can look up the literature and the various patents yourself if you don’t believe me. I am aware of what doses are commonly touted eg. 1-4.5mg etc but there is more to it.

It really is an imperfect drug for much of what people online say it is for. There is an isomer which retains the microglial effects and drops the opioid antagonism, too. It is complicated, anyways. What is your health condition? I could never really sustainably manage it as a life extension drug. As for treating chron’s and other autoimmune diseases, it just works as a bandaid if you aren’t addressing the base level of what is triggering your immune dysfunction. If you go onto it without addressing those holistic aspects, it will eventually stop working and you will be far worse off than when you started. You can’t take the testimonials for hiv/AIDS and cancer treatment and apply them to a less life - threatening condition without adjusting how you interpret the results, you will have a bad time. Or maybe it will be the right drug for you. You gotta educate yourself on the risks. Some people just need relief now.

Last edited:
The glial cell inhibiting effects happen in MICROgram (ug) dose ranges. 1mg is a huge dose relative to that. You can look up the literature and the various patents yourself if you don’t believe me. I am aware of what doses are commonly touted eg. 1-4.5mg etc but there is more to it.

It really is an imperfect drug for much of what people online say it is for. There is an isomer which retains the microglial effects and drops the opioid antagonism, too. It is complicated, anyways. What is your health condition? I could never really sustainably manage it as a life extension drug. As for treating chron’s and other autoimmune diseases, it just works as a bandaid if you aren’t addressing the base level of what is triggering your immune dysfunction. If you go onto it without addressing those holistic aspects, it will eventually stop working and you will be far worse off than when you started. You can’t take the testimonials for hiv/AIDS and cancer treatment and apply them to a less life - threatening condition without adjusting how you interpret the results, you will have a bad time. Or maybe it will be the right drug for you. You gotta educate yourself on the risks. Some people just need relief now.

Interesting! So your saying mcg dosing works as well? Like what 1mcg,5mcg,etc..

My main symptoms are I’ve always had a poor immune system. Probably from too many anabiotic’s from ear infections when I was a kid(early 80’s)
The main thing with me is I always get sick after working out. When I was in my early 20s it wasn’t that bad but mid late 20s early 30s if I train hard anymore than three days in a row I would always end up getting a cold or a virus. I would always have malaise and be achey. I’ve had every blood test possible including brain and cardiac Mri’s, genetic mutations testing, interleukin 6, telomeres,TNF,etc.. All inflammatory tests, saliva cortisol, hormones, thyroid, food sensitivities(stool,urine and blood), crohns, lyme, homocysteine, lupus,metals,etc.. I’ve been to a rheumatologist, endocrinologist, cardiologist, etc. so much blood work I have piles of it. Nothing is ever wrong on paper. Yet for some reason I get sick from working out hard regardless of hygiene. Rheumatologist said she “thinks” I have chronic fatigue syndrome but I doubt it because my TNF and IL6 were good. I maintain all my muscle and don’t put on much body fat even though I haven’t trained in almost a year. At one point I was 5‘11“ 240lbs and lean. I think she just said that because she couldn’t rule anything out(wasn’t a very good rheumatologist).

And here’s the really weird part. The past 6-8months I really let myself go. ZERO training/cardio,poor sleep, terrible diet, recreational abuse, etc... yet this is the longest time I haven’t gotten sick. No colds or viruses. I bet if I started training again I will get sick within 2 weeks.

I figure last resort would be LDN as it’s been shown to help with rare autoimmune conditions which I think is what might be going on.

Last edited:
I was researching it and found a common strategy people use is to dose it when waking up in early AM to pee. That way your body is already in sleep mode and you fall right back asleep before it hits you. Instead of taking it at say 10pm and trying to fall asleep.

I also didn't take it because of insomnia. I hate insomnia....sleep is literally one of the most important thing for recovery maybe even more important than diet imo.

True but when I wake up to use the bathroom I typically go back to sleep and wake up maybe two hours later. It seems LDN’s half life is 4-6hrs so that probably would not work for me. What’s odd is a lot of doctors and articles say you can still take it in the morning but I think that would defeat the whole purpose. If it shuts down opioid receptors then 4-6hrs later increases endorphins which are the primary benefit of this drug. That process is supposed to occur when you’re sleeping so I’m wondering how effective it would be if you take in the morning instead. Come to think of it maybe I should try LDN for the first time in the morning or afternoon because I could deal with feeling crappy for 4-6hrs during the day just not a disruption of my sleep. But if it doesn’t reap the benefits then I wouldn’t want to do it.

Interesting! So your saying mcg dosing works as well? Like what 1mcg,5mcg,etc..

My main symptoms are I’ve always had a poor immune system. Probably from too many anabiotic’s from ear infections when I was a kid(early 80’s)
The main thing with me is I always get sick after working out. When I was in my early 20s it wasn’t that bad but mid late 20s early 30s if I train hard anymore than three days in a row I would always end up getting a cold or a virus. I would always have malaise and be achey. I’ve had every blood test possible including brain and cardiac Mri’s, genetic mutations testing, interleukin 6, telomeres,TNF,etc.. All inflammatory tests, saliva cortisol, hormones, thyroid, food sensitivities(stool,urine and blood), crohns, lyme, homocysteine, lupus,metals,etc.. I’ve been to a rheumatologist, endocrinologist, cardiologist, etc. so much blood work I have piles of it. Nothing is ever wrong on paper. Yet for some reason I get sick from working out hard regardless of hygiene. Rheumatologist said she “thinks” I have chronic fatigue syndrome but I doubt it because my TNF and IL6 were good. I maintain all my muscle and don’t put on much body fat even though I haven’t trained in almost a year. At one point I was 5‘11“ 240lbs and lean. I think she just said that because she couldn’t rule anything out(wasn’t a very good rheumatologist).

And here’s the really weird part. The past 6-8months I really let myself go. ZERO training/cardio,poor sleep, terrible diet, recreational abuse, etc... yet this is the longest time I haven’t gotten sick. No colds or viruses. I bet if I started training again I will get sick within 2 weeks.

I figure last resort would be LDN as it’s been shown to help with rare autoimmune conditions which I think is what might be going on.

You are going to roll your eyes, but really, what is your diet and lifestyle like? Have you considered seeing a FMT doctor, i mean a good one who has one foot in allopathic and one in holistic medicine?

I would try Epicor first. It is kind of expensive but it does work for some people. You can get a similar and probably better affect if you eat traditional foods and make fermented dairy etc. But taking a supplement is too easy, i say it only because i dont write you a thesis on how to ideally approach your issue based on info you gave.

Fixing autoimmune or other health problems through diet, lifestyle, is always better than drugs. If, for example, you do have some immune imbalance caused by an environmental factor or your foods etc, it will eventually get worse after a few years on LDN. You cannot just suppress or jack up arms of immunity without your body finding a way around it.

Look. You said it yourself, chronic abx as a kid. Your gut biome is probably fucked, that is where most of your immune cells reside. LDN will do nothing to fix this. If training hard 3x in a row makes you sick, do not do it, until you are healed.

Epicor, s. Boulardii, prebiotic HiMO (available in USA now), natural foods, good lifestyle. Or continue with your path and take drugs and eventually deal with a worse problem unless you die first. It can be overwhelming but positive health outcomes are worth the work.

Honestly just sounds like you arent healthy despite your muscle mass etc. All LDN will do is allow your constant infections to smolder and suppress the symptoms. It will feel good for awhile until your immune reaction breaks through even worse than before. Or maybe it works for you. I dunno, the risk is not worth it unless you are critically ill and just need relief. But you do not have a clear understanding of how LDN works, if there is one. Even after my use and research I am unsure if it is a total immune suppressant or balancer. Do not believe the websites and forum people making claims. People should only use it after exhausting how they live. Honestly, if you live right you would heal, but people cant often change how they live reasonably and taking drugs is easier.

I have seen many sick ppl commenting online looking for cures in drugs and supps etc, it is hard to tell them they need to look at all the basic ways they live and eat and rest and their environment.

Last edited:
You are going to roll your eyes, but really, what is your diet and lifestyle like? Have you considered seeing a FMT doctor, i mean a good one who has one foot in allopathic and one in holistic medicine?

I would try Epicor first. It is kind of expensive but it does work for some people. You can get a similar and probably better affect if you eat traditional foods and make fermented dairy etc. But taking a supplement is too easy, i say it only because i dont write you a thesis on how to ideally approach your issue based on info you gave.

Fixing autoimmune or other health problems through diet, lifestyle, is always better than drugs. If, for example, you do have some immune imbalance caused by an environmental factor or your foods etc, it will eventually get worse after a few years on LDN. You cannot just suppress or jack up arms of immunity without your body finding a way around it.

Look. You said it yourself, chronic abx as a kid. Your gut biome is probably fucked, that is where most of your immune cells reside. LDN will do nothing to fix this. If training hard 3x in a row makes you sick, do not do it, until you are healed.

Epicor, s. Boulardii, prebiotic HiMO (available in USA now), natural foods, good lifestyle. Or continue with your path and take drugs and eventually deal with a worse problem unless you die first. It can be overwhelming but positive health outcomes are worth the work.

Honestly just sounds like you arent healthy despite your muscle mass etc. All LDN will do is allow your constant infections to smolder and suppress the symptoms. It will feel good for awhile until your immune reaction breaks through even worse than before. Or maybe it works for you. I dunno, the risk is not worth it unless you are critically ill and just need relief. But you do not have a clear understanding of how LDN works, if there is one. Even after my use and research I am unsure if it is a total immune suppressant or balancer. Do not believe the websites and forum people making claims. People should only use it after exhausting how they live. Honestly, if you live right you would heal, but people cant often change how they live reasonably and taking drugs is easier.

I have seen many sick ppl commenting online looking for cures in drugs and supps etc, it is hard to tell them they need to look at all the basic ways they live and eat and rest and their environment.

Thank you. When I was doing well(maybe 2-3yrs ago) I still had the same symptoms and ate healthy. I truly have never tried or at least stuck with a Paleo Autoimmune type of diet. However I have used both Epicor and the probiotic VSL#3 for a very long time and saw no difference.

Thank you. When I was doing well(maybe 2-3yrs ago) I still had the same symptoms and ate healthy. I truly have never tried or at least stuck with a Paleo Autoimmune type of diet. However I have used both Epicor and the probiotic VSL#3 for a very long time and saw no difference.

I hope you manage to figure it out. If you start LDN, start low and work up and try eod or e3d dosing protocol at first. 0.5mg is even too much to start sometimes.

I worked up to 3.5mg every 3 days and it served me well for about 3 months, to help symptoms, but I do not think it really healed much other than my formerly opioid dependent brain (for that it works amazing), and it took a year of managing my diet and lifestyle and stress properly to become almost healthy to where i want to be.

Vsl #3 is a crapshoot because of so many strains. I got better results choosing single strains. Epicor is just a prebiotic basically. It helps some people but the doses are too low for the price, so some people used the animal feed product, i am not covinced foods arent better.

HiMO aka heliogos is promising prebiotic that stimulates bifido bacteria. Pairing it with b. Infantis strain like Align heped me alot. Both of those products are very expensive, but i was part of the clinical trial for 3 months for HMO prebiotic and it made a big difference. Other than that there are so many things to learn about and try. I was in bad shape and when i got my gut normal my health changed substantially for the better.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members