over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Leaky valves

beast405

Well-known member / Kilo Klub
Registered
So I had a echo and ekg done today for the first time. And the guy doing the echo told me 3 of my heart valves were leaking a little bit. I have to wait a couple days for the cardiologist to read the results and get back to me. Has anybody else on here has leaking valves?

Heart Murmers, I was born with one, it could be nothing to worry about. Depends on the cause of the "leak"

So I had a echo and ekg done today for the first time. And the guy doing the echo told me 3 of my heart valves were leaking a little bit. I have to wait a couple days for the cardiologist to read the results and get back to me. Has anybody else on here has leaking valves?

The cardiologist will document the level of valve leakage/regurgitation (eg trace, mild, mild/moderate, severe etc). It may not be anything to worry about, depending on the severity.

A worst case scenario regarding acute aortic valve regurgitation...a Victoria BC hospital perforated a patient's aortic valve, during a dangerous, non-consensual procedure, sending him into acute circulatory failure:

Just wait for the doctor to analyze it. Techs arent supposed to tell you anything, but i always pester them and try to get stuff out of them. Sometimes they tell me, other times they follow the book and tell me no. I wouldnt worry about a thing until the doc gets back to you. Are you having any symptoms?

Just wait for the doctor to analyze it. Techs arent supposed to tell you anything, but i always pester them and try to get stuff out of them. Sometimes they tell me, other times they follow the book and tell me no. I wouldnt worry about a thing until the doc gets back to you. Are you having any symptoms?

Yeah I kept looking at the screen and was like is everything good lol and then he told me about the valves leaking so hopefully I don’t get bad news from the cardiologist. Do you think the valves would be caused genetically or from gear use ?

Nothing I’m not use to. After soemthing like running or having sex I will stay out of breath for a long time after. That’s the only times I notice really any symptoms

Nothing I’m not use to. After soemthing like running or having sex I will stay out of breath for a long time after. That’s the only times I notice really any symptoms
You can have leakage and be ok if its not pronounced enough. I dont know a whole lot about the valves since mine are ok. We have a member on here,maybe two, that have had issues. If I were you, I'd not be worried and just forget about it until your cardiologist talks with you.

Yeah I kept looking at the screen and was like is everything good lol and then he told me about the valves leaking so hopefully I don’t get bad news from the cardiologist. Do you think the valves would be caused genetically or from gear use ?

I have a moderately leaky aortic valve. It's not fun since I feel my heart beating permanently, but it's also moderate and not trace/mild. I don't have other symptoms from that besides hearing the heart beat. I also always have low diastolic blood pressure (between 60-70mmhg) no matter what.

If your leakage is trace, then it's nothing. Mild isn't a big deal either. There isn't much that you can do about leaks since it's a structural issue. You just have to keep BP normal and keep exercising. If it gets really bad, it's time for a surgical valve replacement.

Running out of breath isn't a symptom if it's a milk leak.

I have a moderately leaky aortic valve. It's not fun since I feel my heart beating permanently, but it's also moderate and not trace/mild. I don't have other symptoms from that besides hearing the heart beat. I also always have low diastolic blood pressure (between 60-70mmhg) no matter what.

If your leakage is trace, then it's nothing. Mild isn't a big deal either. There isn't much that you can do about leaks since it's a structural issue. You just have to keep BP normal and keep exercising. If it gets really bad, it's time for a surgical valve replacement.

Running out of breath isn't a symptom if it's a milk leak.

Diastolic blood pressure drops as aortic valve regurgitation increases, so a severe leak could have a diastolic reading < 30.

The heart has to work harder to compensate and maintain cardiac output against an elevated left ventricular end diastolic pressure (LVEDP). While exercise and weight training are normally healthy, they are also risk factors for further injuring the lesioned aortic valve (which will typically have a highly elevated BNP reading). Further, they also force the heart to work even harder, increasing the risk of heart failure over time.

Diastolic blood pressure drops as aortic valve regurgitation increases, so a severe leak could have a diastolic reading < 30.

The heart has to work harder to compensate and maintain cardiac output against an elevated left ventricular end diastolic pressure (LVEDP). While exercise and weight training are normally healthy, they are also risk factors for further injuring the lesioned aortic valve (which will typically have a highly elevated BNP reading). Further, they also force the heart to work even harder, increasing the risk of heart failure over time.

Great information! I always wondered just how low the diastolic BP goes the worse it gets. I use it as one measure of whether my own valve leak is getting worse or not. I also had my pro BNP tested two years ago and it was 13, so I was really happy about that (I hope it hasn’t increased since then though). Hopefully by the time I really do need a new aortic valve, whenever that may be in the future, TAVR procedures will provide more durable valves so it would be a piece of cake to fix it.

When I was taking both Nebivolol and Telmisartan, my diastolic could dip to the mid 50s which was not fun to see on the monitor (although I didn’t feel any different). Probably because they tanked my aldosterone level so much that between that and the valve leak, the diastolic was too low.

Couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

If the valve gets replaced after a severe leak, does diastolic BP return to normal and does diastolic dysfunction go away completely? Also does the BNP blood level drop down to a healthy level?

Couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

If the valve gets replaced after a severe leak, does diastolic BP return to normal and does diastolic dysfunction go away completely? Also does the BNP blood level drop down to a healthy level?

Great questions. I can reference the stats of the young aortic valve replacement patient in the above video.

Yes, his diastolic returned to normal after aortic valve replacement surgery.

A month prior to replacement, it was <= 28:

bp_crop.jpg

Curiously however, his diastolic stabilized into the 60s in the month leading up to aortic valve replacement surgery.

His BP was 127/63 HR 100 when medical staff perforated his aortic valve during a dangerous, non-consensual procedure, described in this thread https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...or-those-seeking-cardiac-intervention.165366/

As stated, Dr. John Vyselaar, lead cardiologist of Lions Gate Hospital in Vancouver confirmed that this perforation, and consequent acute circulatory failure was inevitable and expected, given the patient had a BNP valve lesion reading of 22, 000:

Yes, his BNP dropped to < 100 from 22, 000 within a few months of aortic valve replacement.

Great questions. I can reference the stats of the young aortic valve replacement patient in the above video.

Yes, his diastolic returned to normal after aortic valve replacement surgery.

A month prior to replacement, it was <= 28:

View attachment 118492

Curiously however, his diastolic stabilized into the 60s in the month leading up to aortic valve replacement surgery.

His BP was 127/63 HR 100 when medical staff perforated his aortic valve during a dangerous, non-consensual procedure, described in this thread https://www.professionalmuscle.com/...or-those-seeking-cardiac-intervention.165366/

As stated, Dr. John Vyselaar, lead cardiologist of Lions Gate Hospital in Vancouver confirmed that this perforation, and consequent acute circulatory failure was inevitable and expected, given the patient had a BNP valve lesion reading of 22, 000:

Yes, his BNP dropped to < 100 from 22, 000 within a few months of aortic valve replacement.

Thanks and I will watch/listen to that video next time I use my red light device, but that is interesting info. Good news from the standpoint that a valve replacement mostly normalizes diastolic function and BNP. I would like to ask these patients if they still feel their hearts beating all the time from the aortic valve murmur. That is quite frustrating even with a moderate leak, especially when trying to do deep breathing or meditating.

20 years ago I was diagnosed with mild Mitral valve regurgitation.
I have an echocardiogram done every few years and it hasn't worsened over the years.
They tell me it's nothing to worry about as long as it doesn't worsen.

So, training with heavy weights can possibly worsen the valve condition? Seems we have guys on here that train hard and haven't had it get worse yet.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear