over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lean bulking. Your experience and opinions on it

beastmode121

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
so I'm tired of getting all bulky/mildly fat in the off season.
The vascular lean look what I'm shooting for.

So I decided to cruise on
400 test e/200 Tren e
400 mast switching to 300 deca for a blast with time off inbetween
Calorie deficit with 0 cardio

add GH?

What you guys input and experiences?

I did a 5 week cut from 230 to 210 running 300 Tren a
400 test
With great results and 20 min cardio a day brisk walk; the end results were impressive for 5 weeks.

Last edited:
so I'm tired of getting all bulky/mildly fat in the off season.
The vascular lean look what I'm shooting for.

So I decided to cruise on
400 test e/200 Tren e
400 mast switching to 300 deca for a blast with time off inbetween
Calorie deficit with 0 cardio

add GH?

What you guys input and experiences?

I did a 5 week cut from 230 to 210 running 300 Tren a
400 test
With great results and 20 min cardio a day brisk walk; the end results were impressive for 5 weeks.

I plan to try something similar. I just started my first "log" in the other section. I lost 30 lbs, stayed pretty lean, and I think my body is primed for growing since I didn't train for so long. (Muscle Memory).

I'm running lower doses....just started back TRT and added NPP. 25MG each a day, and have some MK-677 and LGD-4033 coming that I plan to start at 10mg daily.

I am currently at a calorie intake that has me staying static in weight and do no cardio except to warm up. My plan is to only increase my calories slightly when I start missing my progressions in my log book...go two weeks, and see where things are.

At my age (45), I could care less about trying to be this huge guy when my frame won't carry more than 210-220 lbs without looking "sloppy".

I am sitting around 168 lbs, and everyone in my gym swears I look 20 lbs heavier so that is good enough for me!

Adding hgh tren and a chromium to every meal increasing your insulin sensitivity is the way to go imo.

I'm in the same boat as you man. So tired of bulking up and looking like a chipmunk most of the year. I've been staying lean pretty much year round and feel so much healthier. I'm not in deficit of calories like you will be doing but no more 5,000+calories anytime soon. I do think you should change from a deficit to maintenance and add in 20 minutes of hiit cardio 5x daily. I do this strictly for health purposes though.

Maybe you're in too big of a calorie surplus too soon for too long if you are truly getting fluffy... or you aren't starting from a very lean place to begin with...

apprx daily macros in offseason?

Maybe you're in too big of a calorie surplus too soon for too long if you are truly getting fluffy... or you aren't starting from a very lean place to begin with...

lol I bulk from stage ready, I think I'm lean enough.

apprx daily macros in offseason?

250 protein
400 carbs
100 fats

I'm in no mean sticking to this the whole off season, I need a social life so therefore, Macros go up when I go out

To lean bulk I would eat maintenance calories with a cheat meal of two per week. Don't expect much weight gain and if you add 2-3lbs of muscle in a year that will be great progress

To lean bulk I would eat maintenance calories with a cheat meal of two per week. Don't expect much weight gain and if you add 2-3lbs of muscle in a year that will be great progress

Lmao, I like this post

I try to stay as lean as I can year round...I feel and look a lot better staying leaner. I’m pretty strict on my diet, but right now I do enjoy a big cheat meal with my family on Saturday nights! I think you should continue to do atleast alittle cardio….it will help keep you learner, plus tons of health benefits. I personally do cardio 4-5 times a week…..some days hiit and some days liss. I think GH will also help…..i did have some water retention from it at first, but now that has gotten better I do believe it is helping me stay leaner.

I actually think this is right on. I'm in that boat and I like the look and how I feel. I only eat 2,500 cals a day Sunday-Saturday night and like. 7,000 calorie cheat meal.

It's funny you said 2-3 pounds. I'm up about 4 pounds this year so I'd guess I gained exactly what you said in actual muscle. Stayed very lean and used very little ped's (around 200-400 total mgs a week all year). At my stage I'm thrilled with 2 real pounds of muscle a year.

I actually think this is right on. I'm in that boat and I like the look and how I feel. I only eat 2,500 cals a day Sunday-Saturday night and like. 7,000 calorie cheat meal.

It's funny you said 2-3 pounds. I'm up about 4 pounds this year so I'd guess I gained exactly what you said in actual muscle. Stayed very lean and used very little ped's (around 200-400 total mgs a week all year). At my stage I'm thrilled with 2 real pounds of muscle a year.
What does a 7000 calorie cheat meal consist of?

that's not what I wanted to hear but it's probably the truth

that's not what I wanted to hear but it's probably the truth

But even if you bulk all out and gain a bunch of fat, how much muscle do you think you'll add in a year? 5lbs max if you're not a newbie to working out and gear. The longer you do this the harder it gets to add stage weight without upping the drugs to levels you have not done before.

It's better to look good year round than get fat for an extra few lbs in the end

I think diet is key to anything. The body adapts very quickly to any diet changes as a means of survival. You can't fight or change that fact. I prefer a carb cycle. Right now is 5 day high with weight training each day, with 2 of them leg days. 3 days low carb (under 75), low calorie, with 2 days of cardio and one day rest. Goal is to keep insulin sensitivity high. That drops and that's when you start getting fat and muscle gains slow down. I'm really digging it so far. I no longer believe in the classic 12 week "bulking" or "cutting". Combine them as a life style and find magic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's all about your insulin sensitivity level, i would definitively do some sort of cutting/bulking seasons to always stay insulin sensitive.

You can also blast Metformin or other GDA's and do some short cutting cycles (low carb - 4 weeks is enough), then go back on decent amount of carbs/mod fat for 8 weeks, then repeat, you stay lean that way, year round and you can enjoy life a bit better.

Most of my athletes are following this kind of diet practices.

I was basically going to write what the last two posts did. I've had the best success lean bulking by carb cycling and trying to add slowly. When in the past I kept my carbs and calories linear I seemed to add more fat and probably the same amount of amount of muscle. 2-3 pounds per year seems to be about what I've been able to add with a decent amount of help as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But even if you bulk all out and gain a bunch of fat, how much muscle do you think you'll add in a year? 5lbs max if you're not a newbie to working out and gear. The longer you do this the harder it gets to add stage weight without upping the drugs to levels you have not done before.

It's better to look good year round than get fat for an extra few lbs in the end

I have a naturally fast metabolism (skinny guy here)--lean bulking doesn't really work well for me. I don't get stupid fat, but I'm not afraid to put it on either. Even with a life that for the past few years has had me unable to optimize everything for bodybuilding, I've still managed to put on ~8lbs a year with this method. True lean bulking has me put on 3-4lbs a year, max, assuming no errors and 100% consistency.

This thread was one of the original ones that spoke to me and I'm linking to the post with my progress (pictures included in this post):

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...tuff-like-absolutely-love-13.html#post2518742

Note: I have no problem dieting down or getting super diced. For others this may not be the best strategy, but it's worked / been working for me for awhile. I also haven't competed since 2014 and had no incentive to diet down--but I didn't let my body get out of control either. I did a few mini diets here and there to keep the fat to what I considered an acceptable level.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear