over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lean's 5th cycle- going for Clean and Big

The only bad thing about getting a really good, full, complete pump is that you don't wanna stop working out! Cuz once that blood leaves the muscles you look small as hell.

I should just walk around with a Shake Weight all day to keep my arms pumped and full.

Attachments

• shake_weight_for_men_screen_cap.jpg
    shake_weight_for_men_screen_cap.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 263
Monday Madness

hey guys
was going to take today as a rest day but had an uber stressful day/weekend so thot at least for my sanity I should try to pound some weights.

I've been trying this new preworkout "Wake the Freak" I think it's ALR. it's pretty damn good and has some stimulant in it that only lasts about 2 hours so good for the evening workouts.

Diet was kind of crappy yesterday - did not have the macros down at all the meals - one was missing carbs, one i replaced with a shake and 3 peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, etc. i think that was the stress craving.

Leg Workout
Did bigevil's leg routine again but trimmed it down to fewer sets 7 reps, still keeping the weights up there.

Leg ext (No negatives)
17@90 lbs
11@110
12@130

1 set 21's style 110 lbs:
7 full reps, 7 top 1/2 reps;7 bottom half

1 DROP SET:
BurnOUT 110x14; 90 x 7; 60x5+4

LEG PRESS:
30 x 2 plates ea side
20x3 plates ea side
20x4 plates ea side
1set max reps w 5plates w feet 4 inches apart -13 reps
1set max reps w 5 plates w feet shoulder width -11reps
1 set max reps with 2 plates w feet 1 foot apart. - 50 rest pause at the end 2 times

Walking Lunges

1 set w a 40 lb BB; 48 steps

SQUATS on smith machine
with 35lb rubber bands on the weight
10x135 no bands
8x155
8x175
8x175

Standard SQUATS

10x135
7x225
7x225
10x255

40 mins cardio.
15 mins steep treadmill walk
10 mins rowing machine
15 mins bicycle

did the whole peptide thing - damn 5 pins - that's a lot of needles! IGF stings so i guess it works - we'll see in a few months if I get any size on my quads.

I must be doing something right tho - cause i got to the gym and saw a buddy for the first time in a month and all he could say was: "lookin swole!" and he's a big dude. We were training together for a while but he's not as crazed as i am. Also i wore a white tank and really saw the melanotin tanning starting to show. I don't have any frame of reference since i tan nekked and the change altho quick in days is gradual to me.

Starting to get some annoying acne on my shoulders - little oily deposits - nothing huge but like chicken skin. i think i got to scrub more with a loofa to keep the pores open. Also got 1 or 2 award winning zits like in HS. but those come and go fast.

Hey Guys;
other news
Diet -- i am trying to eat more - fell to 202 on friday; back to 204 today. Checked BF - looks like between 8-9% so prolly a drop of 2-3% in the last 6 weeks. I did write down my measurements a few months ago - got to find that and compare. i'll post when i uncover it.

Hey Lean, I got your post on my update thread....Thanks for the feedback on my pics.
My question: I know your goal was lean mass while maintaining bf% or even losing a bit. Are you still at 4100 cals? How many grams of protien? I know you have competition in mind and would like to fill out your frame..... My suggestion is to go up to 4600 cals in order to accomadate the effects the new muscle gain, peptides, Gear, ect have on your metabolism. You need to make those adjustments as you body changes on a constant basis. Remember, the definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result bro. Keep up the good work!

Hey Lean, I got your post on my update thread....Thanks for the feedback on my pics.
My question: I know your goal was lean mass while maintaining bf% or even losing a bit. Are you still at 4100 cals? How many grams of protien? I know you have competition in mind and would like to fill out your frame..... My suggestion is to go up to 4600 cals in order to accommodate the effects the new muscle gain, peptides, Gear, ect have on your metabolism. You need to make those adjustments as you body changes on a constant basis. Remember, the definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result bro. Keep up the good work!

Yeah - good point - I am upping the calories by "cheating," like i now have 2 snacks of 4 rice cakes w/ PB and 2 extra scoops of protein in my shakes and 1 T of olive oil with my greens 2x a day., but i think I have to be a bit more methodical about it and record it exactly. it's been a while since i did the Fit day thing to precisely monitor the macros and cals.

Tuesday Workout

It was going to be a rest day - which means house work - but the kids called at 5 pm and got the OKAY to order pizza for dinner so i figured i'd go to the gym for a workout. Wife is away atm so i've got double duty. so i got them settled with pizza and homework and went to do Shoulders - one of my favorite workouts.It was awesome.

Shoulders & Traps
I am doing okay w/ the traps but really want to build the top of my delts for that "boulder shoulder" look - suggestions welcome.

Warm up 2 sets 15 x DB military Press 35/45

DB Military press

10x65
7x75
5x75
4x75 - Failure!

DB front raise/DB side raise SUPERSET

9rep x 15 each
9rep x 20 each
6rep x 25 each then drop set 6x20;5x15;6x10;8x5
great striations popping on these and my traps really looked good.

Clean & Jerk - push press
(Kind of a combo, i guess)
8 x 85
6x105
4x105; 5x105 restpause got really winded on these - does that count for HIIT cardio?
supersetted the cleans with side raises 10lb plate in ea hand - more of a stretch than anything but it felt good.Must have looked good too, because more than once i caught the cutie in the pink leotard watching from behind....lol - kept my form straight up!
Barbell upright rows
3 sets 7x75 to failure
Finished with a few cable side raises and then 20 mins cardio (Had no earphones so couldnt last the full 30 mins)

Afterwards my traps felt HUGE (that's where i shot the IGF) and my shoulders were wasted - just the way I like it! LOL

BTW - i added T4 into the mix a week ago to max out the effectiveness of the GH. No sides to speak of.

Thursday workout

got to the gym for a late workout at 9 pm. has a carb fest dinner - brownrice sushi:
1 california role
1spicy tuna roll
1 salmon roll
1 side of teriyaki beef - should have said hold the sauce but it was yummy.
1 giant oatmeal cookie

Back & Bi's w Abs
no stimulants

Lat pulldowns wide grip

8x140
8x190
8x210
6x220
4x220
Lat pulldowns Narrow grip
8x190
6x200
5x210
4x210
narrow grip cable rows
8x180
8x200
6x240
7x240
Wide grip bent over rows (love these!)
10 x 85
8x135
6x155
6x165
5x165
Deadlifts
10x135
8x225
7x245
5x155
ez curl bar bi curls
10x85
6x105
10x105 supersetted with
Hammer curls
4x 8-10 x 25lbs
nice pump!
hanging leg lifts
2 sets 10
2sets 10 x BW + 25lb db
Kneeling ab crunches
3 sets of 10-12
standing ab cable curls
3 sets of 10
Incline ab curls
2 sets of 8 - and fried!

30 mins cardio.

Nice workout considering giant meal and (uhem) a little pot and bedroom cardio before dinner. today is rest day

Hey Mike.. bodyfat dipping very low, strength nice and high.. consistant with diet and training... Only a distraction here and there... you cant ask for more man...
Do people know how old you are... ? you are an example of someone getting better with age...

Hey Mike.. bodyfat dipping very low, strength nice and high.. consistant with diet and training... Only a distraction here and there... you cant ask for more man...
Do people know how old you are... ? you are an example of someone getting better with age...

Hey Thanks Alex - I could not have been so successful without your help - I appreciate it. And without stress - I could do even better - LOL like most people, i eat more and (sometimes bad) things under stress. today was a prime example - had a grueling interview for a project and afterwards the whole team went to Chilis - although I got a cheeseburger with broccoli instead of the Awesome Blossom or French fried battered fat globs....

I am pretty excited to hit 210.6 this am - although that may drop when I get back on the chicken/beef diet.

PM update

Today's spectacular leg workout!!

I a HUGE stressful interview at 2pm today so when i hit the gym at 5o'clock i have more nervous energy than a whole tub of NoXplode! Got prolly 10-15% more on everything - lol

Leg extensions
30 x 90
20x110
11x140

"21 style" set
7reps full;7reps top half;7reps bottom half
max burnout 15x150;9x110;4x90; 3x50 forced reps 4x50

leg adductor - (squeezing legs together)
10 x 110
10x130
6x170
5x190 focus on negatives

Squats
10 x 135
10x135
8x185
8x225 easy as pie!!!!
5x275 (had a nervous spotter so he helped a bit too much..)
5x295 same spotter - could have done these unassisted tho - I am sure. felt strong as an ox!

Leg Press

30 x 2plates ea side
20x 4plates
close stance 15x5plates
wide stance 15x5plates
55reps x 2plates - KILLER! rest pause last 25 reps

Calf raises

3sets of 20 - was careful on these because i still have a sprained achilles tendon & swollen ankle - been 3+weeks now!!!

ABS!

Ab crunch w/ 25lb plate

3 sets on the decline bench

hanging leg raises
10 x BW
10 x bw +15
10 x bw +25
10 x bw+35

Standing ab crunches

3 sets 15 x 190

Captains chair -
2 sets of 10 w/ tight contraction at top

30 mins bicycle cardio

Then celebrated my interview/deadline completion with steak dinner w/ green peas and yes - 4 mini chocolate cupcakes! (Sorry Alex -it was warranted...trust me.)

Shaved/naired my legs to see where i'm at 2 days ago - some vascularity; better than last year - but LONG way to go to add size!!! but i'm into it so I'm going to hit it hard!!!

BTW - i have very sexy legs when shaved (first time)- i almost got a hard on! hahahahaha

later broskis

Last edited:
Going to do arms later - yeowza! - Just read an article in M&F mag about a 6 hour arm workout to gain 1" on arms in 1 day(mostly in swelling and muscle fiber damage which leads to rebuilding). :headbang::headbang::headbang:I scanned it if anyone wants a copy pm me. looks like an intense way to spend a day at the gym..;-) not today for me but maybe in the next few weeks. Would love to get some size on my bis - same damn size (although leaner) for 2 years now!

I am sure stoked atm - really looking forward to next year and making some serious progress. okay, okay back top work...:banghead:

mike.. that little cheat there is more of a mental setback than physical.. But actually i take that back... it can work to your advantage...

When your on a roll with your condition( and you are).. anything that is off your routine and diet.. just makes you obsess more... im sure and want to train harder, hit the cardio harder and train a hundred percent on point..

I actually have structured cheat meals when im super lean during my contest prep just to help me kick my intensity into over drive those last weeks when i need it the most..

The cheat actually throws your metabolism off and can even help you. Im sure in 3 days if you weigh yourself you might even weigh less.. but mentally its a huge plus..

mike.. that little cheat there is more of a mental setback than physical.. But actually i take that back... it can work to your advantage...

When your on a roll with your condition( and you are).. anything that is off your routine and diet.. just makes you obsess more... im sure and want to train harder, hit the cardio harder and train a hundred percent on point..

I actually have structured cheat meals when im super lean during my contest prep just to help me kick my intensity into over drive those last weeks when i need it the most..

The cheat actually throws your metabolism off and can even help you. Im sure in 3 days if you weigh yourself you might even weigh less.. but mentally its a huge plus..

Take it for a grain of salt, but I "cheated" for the first time on my birthday about 10 days ago. As Alex can tell you, it helped me drop an extra measurement off the waist and I was noticably leaner within a few days.

I thought cheating was going to be horrific, I honestly dreaded the aftermath. Unnecessary stress there, I was fine, infact it played into my well-being.

I can cheat once every 5-6 weeks, if I intend to do that at all.

^ yeah agreed...dunno what it is but I eat a couple double cheeseburgers in place of my normal macros...and the next day i am looking GREAT. Its very strange and counter-intuitive.

Hey guys thanks for the advice - i have to be human on this bulk so I'm not getting down on myself too bad about the cheat. When i cut for contest i will def be good as gold - want to look as good as i can in that skimpy posing suit - LOL
Tuesday UPDATE
Okay - really bad day - came in #2 at the interview and they decided to go with a big corporate firm instead of a nice mid size creative firm - suks but that's the work world now. Cried in my beer all afternoon and then had an awesome arm workout and ready to get back on the proverbial horse tomorrow.

Arms

warm up w/ 20lb dbs

ez curl bar slow and steady curls
10 x 70
10x90
6x110
7x100
12x100 (with great spotter - last 4 were negatives)
9 x 100 (same deal - total muscle failure:)

Tricep Overhead DB press
10x45lb db
8x50
6x50

Tricep pushdowns
3 sets to failure 6-8 reps heavy weight (forgot to note the stack)

Tricep overhead cable extensions

3 sets 12-15 reps moderate weight

DB curls
10x45
8x50
6x50;4x45;4x40;6x35;8x30;6x25 bust!

Tricep kickbacks
Nice squeeze at the top 2 sec hold
10x15
10x20
10x25
5x30

cable push downs
2 sets of 15

Seated dip machine
3 sets of 8-10

real dips (haven't done these in months thanks to rotator cuff injury 6 mos ago.)
12; 10; 8 felt good - i was careful to pay attention to my arm - muscles were quivering at the end ;-)

20 mins cardio bike
sauna shower, etc. Great vascularity on my quads, although they still look small to me!

Whey & vitargo shake
45 mins later carne asada burrito w/ black beans, rice and sour cream (Yup feeling a little sorry for myself still - but it could have been worse - like a baskin Robbins sundae for example... LOL)

Later dudes - stay strong!

keep up the good work! looking great for 51 yr old

keep up the good work! looking great for 51 yr old

Thanks man - but in my brain, i keep thinking that I'm 35! hahahahaha - In fact I have to lie to the elliptical and input 25y.o. or it goes really slow for the over "50" crowd!

Leanbody,

Great journal!!You got the right mind set and focus, you are making great progress! Keep it up and you'll achieve your goals!!

Hey Thanks Alex - I could not have been so successful without your help - I appreciate it. And without stress - I could do even better - LOL like most people, i eat more and (sometimes bad) things under stress. today was a prime example - had a grueling interview for a project and afterwards the whole team went to Chilis - although I got a cheeseburger with broccoli instead of the Awesome Blossom or French fried battered fat globs....

I am pretty excited to hit 210.6 this am - although that may drop when I get back on the chicken/beef diet.

PM update

Today's spectacular leg workout!!

I a HUGE stressful interview at 2pm today so when i hit the gym at 5o'clock i have more nervous energy than a whole tub of NoXplode! Got prolly 10-15% more on everything - lol

Leg extensions
30 x 90
20x110
11x140

"21 style" set
7reps full;7reps top half;7reps bottom half
max burnout 15x150;9x110;4x90; 3x50 forced reps 4x50

leg adductor - (squeezing legs together)
10 x 110
10x130
6x170
5x190 focus on negatives

Squats
10 x 135
10x135
8x185
8x225 easy as pie!!!!
5x275 (had a nervous spotter so he helped a bit too much..)
5x295 same spotter - could have done these unassisted tho - I am sure. felt strong as an ox!

Leg Press

30 x 2plates ea side
20x 4plates
close stance 15x5plates
wide stance 15x5plates
55reps x 2plates - KILLER! rest pause last 25 reps

Calf raises

3sets of 20 - was careful on these because i still have a sprained achilles tendon & swollen ankle - been 3+weeks now!!!

ABS!

Ab crunch w/ 25lb plate

3 sets on the decline bench

hanging leg raises
10 x BW
10 x bw +15
10 x bw +25
10 x bw+35

Standing ab crunches

3 sets 15 x 190

Captains chair -
2 sets of 10 w/ tight contraction at top

30 mins bicycle cardio

Then celebrated my interview/deadline completion with steak dinner w/ green peas and yes - 4 mini chocolate cupcakes! (Sorry Alex -it was warranted...trust me.)

Shaved/naired my legs to see where i'm at 2 days ago - some vascularity; better than last year - but LONG way to go to add size!!! but i'm into it so I'm going to hit it hard!!!

BTW - i have very sexy legs when shaved (first time)- i almost got a hard on! hahahahaha

later broskis

Fucking Nice bro! Keep up with that progressive overload on at least one or 2 sets of each exercise and you are litterally not giving your legs any other choice but to grow! It's all there now: the volume, correct rep ranges, intensity, overload, and recovery! Damn impressed with your discipline my friend...this leg workout requires tons of testicular fortitude!

Thanks Leanbody...

Good Read on updates and feed back..:)

Fucking Nice bro! Keep up with that progressive overload on at least one or 2 sets of each exercise and you are litterally not giving your legs any other choice but to grow! It's all there now: the volume, correct rep ranges, intensity, overload, and recovery! Damn impressed with your discipline my friend...this leg workout requires tons of testicular fortitude!

Hey man - thanks for you help - Feel free to stick a sharp stick in my side if you see me fukkin off or slacking! I'm really stoked to feel like i'm in a routine on cycle that will get results.

Will update tomorrow - but had some balls to the wall workouts in the last 2 days! Back on 24th and chest today! (Got the 110's up for 7 reps on the incline DB press...whoot whoot!

Off to bed with my protein shake (after a fukkin HUGE ass prime rib dinner!!!! :)

Dudes;
Had a great couple of days & workouts. i love having a few days off and no soccer games, home improvement tasks or birthday party chauffeur duties!

EVE
This was uber fun - my daughter (14) asked to go to the gym w/ me so i took her and she did some the the machines and cardio while i started my chest workout. After about an hour she was hungry so i got her some lunch & took her home to return & finish my workout. It was like 2 chest workouts in 1 day because i had a 45 min "recovery" halfway thru!

Flat bench
did these with a reverse grip 'cause I read an artical about that targeting your upper chest. HARD as HELL!
8x95
9x95
7x115
4x115 5x95
Moved to the Incline bench 'cause I felt like a weenie lifting 115 - did the same & finished with regular grip to appease the ego...
8x95
8x95
6x115
regular grip
5x5 sets at 185 finished with failure @ 8 w/ spotter

45 min rest

slight incline DB presses

8x50
8x65
6x85
6x95
6x100(with spotter)

flat bench cable pec flyes
15X45
10X60
8X65
6X65
6X65

Pec Deck
3 sets of 8-10 reps heavy as possible

Other pec Deck
(lying where you squeeze with your forearms - awesome pump on this one!)
3sets 10,8,5 reps

Calves
Seated raises
3 sets 20,12,10,8 reps x 3 plates

Donkey calf machine

3 sets 16,10,8 reps to failure

25 mins cardio - could not make another 5 mins!! - CNS overload?

Jan 1st
Arm day
DB Hammer Curls
2 sets 10x45 warmup
8x50;10x35
8x65;10x45

CGBP (smith Machine)
0x225 (hahahaha - cant believe i thot i could lift that close grip!)
4x135
8x95
10x115
6x125
3x135
Great ROM on these and REALLY slow - hope i feel these tomorrow!

One arm preacher curls
10x25
8x30
8x30

Cable Pressdowns
15x100
10x130
10x160
8x160
8x160
supperset with 45degree pressdowns
+4 or 5 reps to each set

Lying cable curls

12x60
12x65
12x75
6x75
did these with a "cheat" for the last few reps on ea set - great pump.

35 mins cardio (HIIT) great intensity did these on the stairmaster "escalator" set to intervals and last 15 mins on treadmill. Felt good to run. no knee pain (of course now they are sore mothafukkahs...;-D

Came home took a nap!

Happy new years - be big in 2011!

Doodes! 2011 is off to a great start!

My knees were hella sore after 30 mins HIIT running yesterday - i mean KILLIN me - and today they are not bad - great recovery! So i made the most of it and did legs. That's my #1 weakness so i'm going to hammer hard on those wheels!
i realized that i am almost 1/2 way thru w/ my cycle so here's a progress report:

weight up 10 lbs to 214; still have abs; still fit in my size 32 jeans (was 34 last year; 36-38 4 years ago - gulp - same weight BTW :)

Quick summary of my impressions at the end of week 9:
* really glad i decided to go for 20 weeks - i feel like i am just getting into the sweet spot in the last few weeks. i'd be bummed if I quit next week or in 2 weeks.
1. the added deca (400mg/wk) seems to have helped with the joint pain & recovery
2. acne has been more or less under control - lots of "exfoliating" going on - in other words scrubbing the shit out of my shoulders, chest and upper arms. Way better than my last test deca cycle.
3. peptides seem to be working... (that's hard to say really, but my impression anyway) I am staying lean - can still see abs at 9 weeks and +10lbs. The gh may also have something to do with the join pain going away too.
4. Peptides require lots of dedication and lots of pins - i go thru about 12-15 slin pins every day and do it 3 times a day.
5. lesson learned: (again!) HIIT 30 mins after workout is the best cardio - seems to keep the BFat bay.
6. Strength is WAY UP - that seems to happen with test cycles and i love it. Also the recovery time is 1 day shorter so i am on a 5days on, 1 day off schedule. that way i get more training in.
7. Tried the melatonin peptide - works amazingly well to add natural tan (along with a small amount of tanning booth) i only do the booth every 10 days and people ask if I have been in mexico on vacation! Also produces lots of night wood - fun at first but makes sleeping a little difficult at times.
8. Meal plan is essential - last week was up & down, but for the past 14+ weeks I've been spot on and it seems to have worked.

Leg Workout!
Cant believe that this has become one of my favorites. i am really stoked to see some changes and hoping for more size in the next 11 weeks....
Did bigevil's leg routine - it's amazing how much stronger i am now than 4-5 weeks ago!

Leg extensions (No negatives)
+ 10lbs for all over last week
25@50 lbs
20@70
10 + 6@120

1 set 21's style 130 lbs:
7 full reps, 7 top 1/2 reps;7 bottom half
had to do rest pause before last 7 reps

1 DROP SET: rest pause again on last 2 drops
Max reps 120x15; 90 x 8+7; 60x7+8

LEG PRESS:

30 x 2 plates ea side
20x4 plates ea side
1set max reps w 5plates w feet 4 inches apart 15 reps
1set max reps w 5 plates w feet shoulder width 10+6reps

1 set max reps with 2 plates w feet 1 foot apart. fukkin 55! These were excruciating! - i did rest pause (2-5 sec ) for the last 25

Walking Lunges
1 set w a 40 lb BB; about 100 steps[/B]

SQUATS thot i would be weak on these since i was so spent on the leg press, but they felt good. i put a 18" box under my butt and went for a touchdown on each rep.
8x135
8x185
6x225
8x225
8x245 tough
6x255 very tough but the box gave me some confidence that failure at the bottom would not be catastrophic
6-255.
Finished with 4 deload sets 10x135 felt like lifting a feather - hahahaha and super ROM & form! (I coulda been on YouTube!)

ABS & Calves
3 sets 20-10 reps on the seated calf machine w/ 3 plates
3 sets of 10-8 on the donkey machine

decline sit ups with 14# medicine ball
3 x 10-15 reps
Cable rope crunches 5 sets of 20 x 140
Hanging leg raises - 2 sets of 10 (perfect form, but just BW)

no post wo cardio.

BTW had a Noxplode before and a workout drink during.

and everyone likes pics so here's one from about 6 years ago and last week - LOL i wont tell you which is which....

Attachments

• iphone-last-of-2010-052.jpg
    iphone-last-of-2010-052.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 333
  • Jan-08-079.jpg
    Jan-08-079.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 317

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views