lynx

IFBB PRO/ NPC Judge / TRIPLE Featured Member/Verif
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Ok, so this might not be new to some of you. First let me set it up: When I was dieting for the USA’s this year I got stuck and stopped losing weight. JT and I talked about redoing my diet one night after I got over my hardheadedness. The last 6-4 weeks we ended up bumping up my protein and fats and dropping my carbs. I also read a blog entry from Scott Abel on sodium and its importance. So I started salting my chicken and steak with sea salt. I ate tons of baby spinach (cause its one of the only green veggies I like. :eek:) and I ate almonds and fish oil for my fats. I ate chicken 3 days a week and steak 1, then back to chicken. 2 protein mixes a day rest was either chicken or steak. I would also have roughly one day a week where I bumped my carbs back up. I stopped drinking diet soda and had no artificial sweeteners (except from the pp). Ok so this was the best I felt in a LONG time especially on a diet. I felt great in fact. No joint pain, no decrease in strength, very little fatigue. Very exciting stuff for me. I was a little surprised that I wasn’t as tired as I normally get on a diet particularly since I was so busy leading up to Vegas. I just chalked it up to a good experience.

NOW: I’ve been eating pretty much whatever I want :eek:, making sure I get my protein in and what not. My shoulders have been bugging me; joints are achy, tired quite a bit, etc, etc. No surprise. I made an appointment with my A.R.T. doc to work over my shoulders and lower back. I started talking about the difference from pre-contest to now. He mentioned some vitamins that he taking and what a world of difference they are making. He talked to me about pH levels and being alkaline and acidic. Hmm…He mentioned some alkaline foods and now the diet made sense why I felt the way I did. When we remade my diet we basically made it very alkaline instead acidic and my body thrived. This all came together Friday on my last visit since we discussed it more verses my shoulders and back like the first visit. He said he was about a 4 on the pH scale before and now he’s about a 7. (For those who don’t know: pH scale is 0-14, >7 is acidic, >7 is alkaline, 7=neutral)
From some of the stuff I read last night you want you body slightly alkaline: > 7
I also found the opposite: That this theory is bunk and that companies just want you to buy their product.

I just know that I felt great on my pre-contest diet and thought I’d share. :)

I'm sure others have noticed this as well, thoughts?

So you think its the pizza, ice cream and choclolate thunder from down under cake JT is always accusing you of scarfing down?

Seriously though, makes alot of since. There are so many things that can cause problems in the body.....its just a matter of taking the time to find out what helps and what doesn't. Also, what works for one person may not for another.....so patience is the key.

What type of supps/foods did he recommend for you?

I've been competing for 7 years now and I still feel like I have a LOT to learn. Just when you think you've got it figured out... throw turning 40 and menopause on top of the mix, and it just about drives you crazy!

So you think its the pizza, ice cream and choclolate thunder from down under cake JT is always accusing you of scarfing down?

Seriously though, makes alot of since. There are so many things that can cause problems in the body.....its just a matter of taking the time to find out what helps and what doesn't. Also, what works for one person may not for another.....so patience is the key.

What type of supps/foods did he recommend for you?

Yeah, right. I came back from lifting last night and hit the store. He asked when I walked in if I got cookies! :rolleyes: He was very sad when I said no.

Hmmm...well he wanted me to eat broccoli and/or asparagus (YUCK!) and I can't stand to burp broccoli up all day so I compromised with the baby spinach. I basically did most of my supp routine but he had me doing Apple Cider Vinegar and Bromelain...umm...I'd have to look in my cupboard I can't remember what else. :eek:

I MIGHT BE A LITTLE SAD WHEN THERE ARE NO COOKIES!

IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET BACK IN GOOD SHAPE.

I ENJOY FEELING BETTER, THAT IS FOR CERTAIN. :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear