over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Haney...one of my childhood heroes

james caan

Registered
**broken link removed**

581c472ac15da5a27ea5961a96d7e0a3.jpg

**broken link removed**

If aliens came from outerspace asking for one man to represent the sport of bodybuilding; it would undoubtedly be Lee Haney.

Family man, gentleman, classy and always uplifting. You can't really find many who would talk bad about this guy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Very cool not,look at the calendar and look at the current Olympias... Why are these threads with all that retro memorabilia collectables recently? Modern bodybuilding all the way

Even here people sound like pensioners.. Be mature and wise but not old with the brain of a 10 years old like my mother and father

Last edited:
Very cool not,look at the calendar and look at the current Olympias... Why are these threads with all that retro memorabilia collectables recently? Modern bodybuilding all the way

Even here people sound like pensioners.. Be mature and wise but not old with the brain of a 10 years old like my mother and father

Lol, is this for real? Current Olympias suck

You are posting some great stuff today :eek:

I personally think a balance between both era's is the best. The likes of Paris and Benfatto looked great but they didn't have enough size. Granted too much size is what ruins a physique but a balance between the 2 would be best. You could add another 20 pounds on some of these older guys without ruining the overall look too. Loads of people including me loves a freak like Ramy but it's not as pleasing but just as impressive. Lee Haney pretty much had it all and there aren't many who could beat him. I think classic physique will really take off now as some are similar to the top guys 30 years ago. There is a lot of potential because many don't like bodybuilding and well physique is a bit of a joke imo. They look great but they run it like a beauty pageant. That should be separated with bikini imo and have classic physique, 212 and open all together.

Who pissed in your cereal? Something wrong with appreciating different era's and competitors?

Bodybuilders from the eighties had physiques that were attainable and realistic for many of us to aspire too.....Barry de Mey was always a favorite of mine (below). I could never look or build a physique like the PROs of today but I could come close to ones of the eighties.

o0wc9f.jpg

124ydnb.jpg

If aliens came from outerspace asking for one man to represent the sport of bodybuilding; it would undoubtedly be Lee Haney.

Family man, gentleman, classy and always uplifting. You can't really find many who would talk bad about this guy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well said,,,not just a world class bodybuilder but a great man as well.

Lee Haney was the man in the 80s. Most of the ones worth remembering we're before 2000.

Last edited:
Well.. Two things.. First off Lee haney was the nicest pro I ever met.. And genuinely so.. When I opened my gyms I had a Lee haney video that I was watching one day. He had a certain brand of equipment that he used in his gyms.. I was curious as to the quality.. So I called his gym .. Not to speak to Haney but to just get the info on the equipment.. A lady answered and I asked her .. She couldn't help me much.. So she put me on hold to get someone.. Lo and behold Lee haney answered the phone.. We talked about twenty minutes and he answered all my questions then we just shot the s$&@ about bodybuilding.. Great guy.. Great ambassador to the game..

Secondly, I do not want to see attainable physiques.. I want to see the genetic elite.. I don't care that I can't reach that development.. I want to see the top of the food chain freaks.. But I have to also say that the best of the 80and 90 were not even attainable for 90 percent of people.. When I watch a basketball game I want to see those do amazing things.. I don't care that I can't do it.. That doesn't enter into the equation.. Same thing when I used to go to shows.. I wanted to leave amazed at what I saw.. ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws