over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Haney

I believe ropeman was his main partner.

Who's Dave? Is that one of his main training partners? A darker African-American man , a bit more slender than Lee still had some nice muscle bellies full muscle bellies, training with him on that popular video of him with the godfather song in it?

I've seen some guest posing videos of him in Japan he was huge . I could be wrong but I don't think he got up to 300 lbs.

He always kept a tight waist along with his small waist genetic structure made it look super impressive. I've seen videos of him interviews him saying he wasn't a fan, ok f bodybuilders blowing up 40 to 50 lb over the contest weight, unless it's pure muscle gains. If I remember right Brandon Curry did the same thing as him and never got over 20 lb past their contest weight?

Lee Haney absolutely never weighed 300 lb ever.

Rich Gaspari had to be intense. Lee is one of those guys that isn't aware of how much easier things come to him and can't empathize with the other competitors. When you go around saying there are shaping exercises, mass and defintion workouts, and that you carve detail into the muscle with cable exercises, you don't really know what works. You just put in the hard work and get better results than everyone else.

Once Lee won his first Olympia he only competed in that show. He jumped into the German Grand Prix that year ('87) shown in the video because I think the contest was close enough to the O that he was confident enough he'd hold his condition and win it. Although '87 is the year he had gyno. Gaspari and Labrada also looked good in that show.

Along with Cutler, he's the best representative of the sport. A great person to be Mr. Olympia and carries himself with professionalism and positivity.

When you go around saying there are shaping exercises, mass and defintion workouts, and that you carve detail into the muscle with cable exercises, you don't really know what works. You just put in the hard work and get better results than everyone else.
One hundred percent

Who's Dave? Is that one of his main training partners? A darker African-American man , a bit more slender than Lee still had some nice muscle bellies full muscle bellies, training with him on that popular video of him with the godfather song in it?
I believe that man in the vid is Ty Ropeman Felder who would later go on to become a pretty well known trainer after his time w/Lee.

No.. I know who your referring to.. they called him the " ropeman".. he promotes shows still down south.. but Dave was their room mate.. Dave competed and is in the fitness equipment industry.. I met him through buying equipment

No.. I know who your referring to.. they called him the " ropeman".. he promotes shows still down south.. but Dave was their room mate.. Dave competed and is in the fitness equipment industry.. I met him through buying equipment

Ty 'Ropeman' Felder

The last Mr. O that wasn’t a mass monster. Maybe that is why he seems under appreciated. Dorian brought in the next era.

@slesh Lee was great! Broke Arnold's record in two ways. It was 8 Olympias which broke Arnold's 7 and it was also 8 consecutive, unlike Arnold who retired between 6 & 7.

Mayan, Big A beat me to it. Lee was a monster for his time! If you haven't seen this, check out the documentary Battle For Gold (1988). That year they publicly weighed the Olympia competitors. A lot of guys were, 190, 200, 210, 215lbs, etc. Lee Labrada was 176lbs! Lee Haney was 243lbs at 5'11"...way beyond the rest accept for Ralph Moeller who is 6'5".

@slesh Lee was great! Broke Arnold's record in two ways. It was 8 Olympias which broke Arnold's 7 and it was also 8 consecutive, unlike Arnold who retired between 6 & 7.

Mayan, Big A beat me to it. Lee was a monster for his time! If you haven't seen this, check out the documentary Battle For Gold (1988). That year they publicly weighed the Olympia competitors. A lot of guys were, 190, 200, 210, 215lbs, etc. Lee Labrada was 176lbs! Lee Haney was 243lbs at 5'11"...way beyond the rest accept for Ralph Moeller who is 6'5".

Lol omgggg Lee Labrada af 176. He’s one of my all time favorites. Would be an incredible Classic physique competitor today.

I was actually thinking about this the other night - what Open guys over the last 50 years would be top 5 classic physique competitors in today’s environment?

Markus ruhl is one of my old time favorites. I always just enjoyed the freaks.

Attachments

• C7AAF3E3-A309-4FE1-A2E7-CA85FA096834.jpeg
    C7AAF3E3-A309-4FE1-A2E7-CA85FA096834.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 20
I was actually thinking about this the other night - what Open guys over the last 50 years would be top 5 classic physique competitors in today’s environment?
Arnold, Zane, Berry DeMey, Bob Paris, Francis Benfatto, Lee Labrada, Shawn Ray, Charles Clairmonte, Thierry Pastel, Rich Gaspari ('88), Flex Wheeler ('93), Milos.

Just my opinion. Maybe some of the names wouldn't make weight (too heavy) but those are the more aesthetic physiques that come to mind.

I came across this guy’s channel a little while ago. I like it. He breaks down contests like a judge would with footage and photos for the comparisons. He also confirms what I said above about this show being close to the O. It was the next day.

Arnold was the man, obviously nothing to take away from the guy, i basically worshipped him as a kid and i still think he's a badass but didn't he also win an Olympia where there were no other competitors?
Top Arnold movie could be a whole other thread haha

Looked it up, 1971 Olympia was only Arnold

IMO, Arnold's legacy isn't any number of Olympias he won but rather the impact he had on bodybuilding, basically brought it out of the shadows and onto the radar of every day people. He surely inspired more people to get into bodybuilding than any other bodybuilder before or since.
i do agree Haney had better aesthetics than most of the champs after him

Agree with a lot of the commentary here. Lee was the “mass monster” of his time. Only one considered more of a mass monster that I can think of during that time was a Bertil Fox, and he had nowhere the shape and conditioning of Lee.

I also agree he is often overlooked and not mentioned as much as he should be when taking about the greats.

If he talked trash to Mike Christian it’s probably because Mike Christian was a dick.

If he talked trash to Mike Christian it’s probably because Mike Christian was a dick.
In the Battle for Gold video, it's done in jest in my opinion. Everything I've seen from that era would indicate rivalries were friendly and those guys got along for the most part. There was no Kai and Phil crybaby shit or whining because of placings like you see from the mid-nineties onwards.

Reactions: Bio
Now this brings back memories. Gaspari battling it out with Haney!!! Mike Christian was in there. Shit i remember when Lee Labrada first broke out. He was literally 5’6” 180 and was placing 2nd or 3rd in the olympia. Labrada trained high intensity. Low volume. Low sets. Warmed up and started with heaviest weight first set and did drop set style training. Ala Mentzer and Yates. Gaspari was high volume. High sets. High reps. Gaspari was about 5’8” 220 contest weight. Shredded glutes. My first idol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131