over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Haney

I've written about this numerous times but my buddy Dave roomed with Haney and Gaspari for quite a while.. said Lee was a very reserved but nice guy.. Gasparilla was much more intense and anal about weighing every piece of food and writing it down.. Haney was much more relaxed in his approach..

The last Mr. O that wasn’t a mass monster. Maybe that is why he seems under appreciated. Dorian brought in the next era.
That's all relative. When he was competing he was 30lbs heavier than his nearest competitors at similar heights.

That's all relative. When he was competing he was 30lbs heavier than his nearest competitors at similar heights.
Yeah.. if you look at Haney he was the "mass monster" of his era... as was arnold.. as was sergio.. as was dorian.. most of the mr o winners were the " freaks" of their time

A lot of very good podcasts / interviews with Lee. Good guy, never heard
a bad thing about him nor him saying a bad thing about anybody. Rare.

Just type in "lee haney podcasts"

I've written about this numerous times but my buddy Dave roomed with Haney and Gaspari for quite a while.. said Lee was a very reserved but nice guy.. Gasparilla was much more intense and anal about weighing every piece of food and writing it down.. Haney was much more relaxed in his approach..
Gaspari recently talked about this on Generation Iron discussion with Mike O Hearn, how Lee Haney was physically superior for bodybuilding.

Gaspari had to do this for his personality If Lee did it would he have been more muscle and less fat? Well never know. . Gaspari went into mention Dorian Yates came up to him and told him, he was the reason, inspiration, for Dorian writing his training and nutrition down, and Dorian copied what Rich did.

Lee sure talked smack to Mike Christian, theres a pecking order, you got the big peckers and the little peckers....(while the godfather song was going on), in the video.

Sure, subjective sport, all opinions. I should have said that to me, Lee Haney was the last one that had the aesthetic shape I prefer. Dorian and every one since look like my perception of a mass monster, impressive but not the definition of aesthetic (beautiful, attractive, appealing, in good taste). YMMV.

Gaspari recently talked about this on Generation Iron discussion with Mike O Hearn, how Lee Haney was physically superior for bodybuilding.

Gaspari had to do this for his personality If Lee did it would he have been more muscle and less fat? Well never know. . Gaspari went into mention Dorian Yates came up to him and told him, he was the reason, inspiration, for Dorian writing his training and nutrition down, and Dorian copied what Rich did.

Lee sure talked smack to Mike Christian, theres a pecking order, you got the big peckers and the little peckers....(while the godfather song was going on), in the video.
Yeah Lee's smack talking was done for the cameras.. dave said Lee would normally just laugh at the smack talking.. Dave even said he never heard Lee even cuss during their time together..

I dont think he’s talked about much because there’s such little controversy surrounding him. There’s not really any bad showings, no undeserved titles, and no “questionable” off-stage behaviors. He won the Teen Mr America at 19, won his first Mr O at 24, and the rest is history. He retired while still being competitive and has since lived a quiet life with his family.

In my opinion, he’s the greatest Mr Olympia of all time.

Yeah.. if you look at Haney he was the "mass monster" of his era... as was arnold.. as was sergio.. as was dorian.. most of the mr o winners were the " freaks" of their time
Yep. There’s a pic of him guest posing around 300lbs iirc and he looks monstrous

I wasn't at this show, but a friend competed at it and let me borrow the VHS which I watched a million times, lol. (I later competed at the same venue a handful of times)
The guest poser was Lee, this is pretty cool:

I dont think he’s talked about much because there’s such little controversy surrounding him. There’s not really any bad showings, no undeserved titles, and no “questionable” off-stage behaviors. He won the Teen Mr America at 19, won his first Mr O at 24, and the rest is history. He retired while still being competitive and has since lived a quiet life with his family.

In my opinion, he’s the greatest Mr Olympia of all time.
This, he’s not a loud mouth fake tough guy hopped up on rec drugs trying to make a living off of being a jerk. He is actually a family man and a gentleman. Much respect to him.

He is a good man and great bodybuilder.

This, he’s not a loud mouth fake tough guy hopped up on rec drugs trying to make a living off of being a jerk. He is actually a family man and a gentleman. Much respect to him.

Yea . . . but did he have striated glutes and quad sweep? ;)

Everything I've seen about Lee what everybody saying is correct. In an older video he talked about how early on he had to conduct himself a certain way as a bodybuilder so he wouldn't have any controversy about him. It appears he's lived up to it. He's very in tune with other people's feelings which is a good thing. He's very wise intuitively. I like how he talks about a healthy ego, that some people think it's a bad thing to achieve great success and there's such thing as a healthy ego where it actually helps you on this life on Earth. He's naturally empathetic, which can be developed with nurture, environment, yet of course like genetics if someone has natural abilities in that and nurture there were far ahead of somebody that just is nurturing it and doesn't it as part of their personality and naturally. Both Lee and Rich are extroverts. Lee is more agreeable rich is less agreeable or disagreeable. I would say rich is more neurotic than Lee, going by the Big five personality traits. Rich has done well he's done well in business, in bodybuilding. I think they were good team cuz helped they helped encourage one another strength and weaknesses. Everyone has their own gifts, and Lee has made fantastic use of his, not only as a bodybuilder but business after bodybuilding.

Yeah Lee's smack talking was done for the cameras.. dave said Lee would normally just laugh at the smack talking.. Dave even said he never heard Lee even cuss during their time together..
Who's Dave? Is that one of his main training partners? A darker African-American man , a bit more slender than Lee still had some nice muscle bellies full muscle bellies, training with him on that popular video of him with the godfather song in it?

100% correct @slesh He is sort of the forgotten champion between the golden era and dorian. Such a mf beast though!!! I didnt know he weighed that much either, incredible!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws