advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee labrada low sodium Vs Stan high sodium? why diffrent opinions?

Yeah must be i am burning carbs fast.

It worked great but after i while i started get bp issues and bad headaches i guess 7000 was little to high. less headaches on 5000mg i think thats my base level i will stay on.
Yea I’m a big fucker and over 40 with a kid so I sweat sodium now. Even feel it done lije if I eat popcorn at a movie next day cardio I feel heavy eyes get fuzzy. BP has never crossed hypertensive but wannna keep it that way. Everyone on here shits on glycerol but I used it at dozens of shows and get skin splitting pumps from it especially the Evogen shit but back in the day we’d get it at Whole Foods and it worked just like that too

I’m interested in your journey as it follows on sodium high gives me headaches but the pump factor makes sense. I do know the day after I eat a cheat meal I’m jacked but I always chalk it up to carbs
I would say that’s a water intake thing most likely. I do plenty of sodium but also drink 7-8L

If you’re already drinking plenty, it’s probably just due to the big influx since you’re usually keeping your sodium on the lower side.

I would say that’s a water intake thing most likely. I do plenty of sodium but also drink 7-8L

If you’re already drinking plenty, it’s probably just due to the big influx since you’re usually keeping your sodium on the lower side.
Yea. I’m a 2-3 gallon a day guy I usually consume 2 liters during an cardio and 1.5 while lifting at night but I started pounding water even as a 150 lb Marine at 17 so my body craves a baseline of say 2 gallons so yea but I tought lots of water your body learns to retain sodium unless you were drinking say distilled water which yea contest week I do but otherwise it’s custom mineral water.

Yea I’m a big fucker and over 40 with a kid so I sweat sodium now. Even feel it done lije if I eat popcorn at a movie next day cardio I feel heavy eyes get fuzzy. BP has never crossed hypertensive but wannna keep it that way. Everyone on here shits on glycerol but I used it at dozens of shows and get skin splitting pumps from it especially the Evogen shit but back in the day we’d get it at Whole Foods and it worked just like that too
People shit on glycerol!!?? I love that shit. 10g pre workout.

People shit on glycerol!!?? I love that shit. 10g pre workout.
Lotta folks said it pulls water under skin isn’t effective as other intracelluar fluid retainers like creatine etc. for me glycerol has always been king I get so jacked on it my pumps can physically stop a lift for a few mins like I’m my delts on delt or chest day and contest time nothing gets me fuller and drier but like all things genetics prolly play a role.

My coach had me aiming for 5g/day in prep years ago. Now I don’t try to control sodium but I just checked and I averaged 7.34g/day over the last month. Seems to be a fine amount for me. Granted I don’t think I drink enough water. But my job is pretty sedentary and I don’t sweat much at all.

I’m only about 205 right now and am heavily into strength and endurance..if I go low sodium for a day all my endurance and strength goes straight to shit.

So, maybe goal dependent

I’m only about 205 right now and am heavily into strength and endurance..if I go low sodium for a day all my endurance and strength goes straight to shit.

So, maybe goal dependent
We’ll also if your sodium intake is steadily in the higher range you are excreting large amounts of sodium so if you’re steady taking it in then pulling it out will cause a dump. We do this on purpose pre contest, a sodium load for 3 days then a complete removal plus distilled water switch and yea you look amazing but feel like shit. I feel like if you’re intake is avg or low but steady you wouldn’t feel the crash. You are obviously getting a benefit for your levels but low sodium isn’t making you weak it’s the dump, if you stayed lower for a few days your body would bring levels back up some

We’ll also if your sodium intake is steadily in the higher range you are excreting large amounts of sodium so if you’re steady taking it in then pulling it out will cause a dump. We do this on purpose pre contest, a sodium load for 3 days then a complete removal plus distilled water switch and yea you look amazing but feel like shit. I feel like if you’re intake is avg or low but steady you wouldn’t feel the crash. You are obviously getting a benefit for your levels but low sodium isn’t making you weak it’s the dump, if you stayed lower for a few days your body would bring levels back up some
I had to go low for about a month about 2 years ago..in that month time period I never recovered my performance until I ditched the low sodium.

I had to go low for about a month about 2 years ago..in that month time period I never recovered my performance until I ditched the low sodium.
Maybe you need high sodium to be normal. I need 2 gallons of water a day, that’s not me upping my water for prep that’s what I drink to feel good. Even when I was 154 lb Marine that didn’t even lift weights I was knocking back gallons I think some people just need certain shit.

Maybe you need high sodium to be normal. I need 2 gallons of water a day, that’s not me upping my water for prep that’s what I drink to feel good. Even when I was 154 lb Marine that didn’t even lift weights I was knocking back gallons I think some people just need certain shit.
I’m kinda the opposite about water..I can go a long time without drinking

I’m kinda the opposite about water..I can go a long time without drinking
Prolly bc you retain so much via your sodium. I literally can’t drink soda, tea or coffee really my body wants water it’s crazy I can do Gatoraide if I want to but I prefer water

never adds potassium I noticed on myself and others that I always have potassium levels on the high side of the norm - especially if your diet contains a lot of potatoes and bananas and I eat at the moment and recommend eating a lot of them
8oz of chicken is something like 600mg potassium too. Other main protein sources tend to have a good amount as well. No reason for bodybuilders to supplement with potassium really if they're eating a real bodybuilding diet.

8oz of chicken is something like 600mg potassium too. Other main protein sources tend to have a good amount as well. No reason for bodybuilders to supplement with potassium really if they're eating a real bodybuilding diet.
I agree if your getting greens, broccoli and or sweet taters you prolly have a ton, I still have to supplement contest week

The unrefined salt does contain the trace minerals that the refined iodized salt does not. For this reason, I mix the two 50/50. Real Salt is my salt of choice and it absolutely has a flavor beyond salty.
Where do you buy real salt?

Took 1/4 tsp pink himalayn salt today preworkout big diffrent much tighter and fuller not like yesterday soft and squishy.. Here is a shot from the todays triceps workout.
What amount of sodium a day did you settle on? Trying to figure out a goal to shoot for myself now

What amount of sodium a day did you settle on? Trying to figure out a goal to shoot for myself now
Why are you obsessed with sodium?
Serious question!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner