advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee labrada low sodium Vs Stan high sodium? why diffrent opinions?

Why are you obsessed with sodium?
Serious question!
Recently watched a great Stan efferding video where he discusses its importance in depth. Figured I would try and start being more aggressive with my intake, as of now I don’t really add much beyond what is in the condiments I use.

Yea. I’m a 2-3 gallon a day guy I usually consume 2 liters during an cardio and 1.5 while lifting at night but I started pounding water even as a 150 lb Marine at 17 so my body craves a baseline of say 2 gallons so yea but I tought lots of water your body learns to retain sodium unless you were drinking say distilled water which yea contest week I do but otherwise it’s custom mineral water.
What dose do you like?

Sorry, was referring to the glycerol!
Oh the glycerol I use now is Hany Rambo’s Evogen and it’s a capful off hand maybe 1/4 cup I’m not sure it’s skin splitting for me like on chest day I’m vascular and can get where it’s hard to move my pecs and front delts say an hour in. It looks insane and mind you I’m not lean rn it just is crazy now back in the day we got it from Whole Foods and we’d take either a cup or half cup

personally and most of my competitors use about 20g of salt a day

we must remember that 1 g of pure sodium is 2.5 g of salt
Bumping an old thread, but how do you like to spread this throughout your athletes day? What fluid amount do you aim for with this intake?

Bumping an old thread, but how do you like to spread this throughout your athletes day? What fluid amount do you aim for with this intake?
I think it’s athlete specific bc loading sodium puts water under my skin more so than my muscles. But glycerol SATURATES my muscles and I’ve heard other guys say it just bloats them. There’s definitely a genetic component imo

Speaking of minerals, I had a Russian bb friend about 20-25 years ago who told me of the hopefully anabolic drugs they bought OTC at the pharmacy, one of them was "Kalii Orotas" which bodybuilders thought could really increase protein synthesis: potassium orotate. It's available from supplement sites on the net.

For those of you who knew "Animal" he was talking about the performance benefits of taking potassium citrate, something like 6 grams pre-workout. I think the benefit was related to its PH buffering effects.

I have no idea if it's effective but soneone might be interested.

"Potassium Orotate is a non-hormonal, anabolic pill, which is a potassium salt of carboxylic acid. It has a general stimulating effect on metabolic processes. Potassium Orotate stimulates the synthesis of nucleic acids involved in protein synthesis; it enhances reparative and regenerative processes in body tissues.

Given the medical properties of the drug, it can be called a low-risk medication with a wide range of indications for use:

Heart failure;
Muscle dystrophy;
Anemia;
Therapy of hepatic pathologies;
Overexertion;
Stimulation of anabolic process.

Sometimes bodybuilders also buy Potassium Orotate pills for the following benefits: muscle growth, cutting training, and prevention of pathologies of the heart and blood vessels against intensive steroid courses."

Attachments

• 105415-15240-big-1500x1500-a535.jpg
    105415-15240-big-1500x1500-a535.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 5
Sounds like an easy way to get an arrhythmia

That's what thought too. Searching right now I couldn't find much immediately, one supplement company recommeded 10 grams of potassium citrate in two divided doses a day, which corresponds to 3.6 grams of elemental potassium. Bulksupplements sells a powder of potassium orotate, a serving being 500mg which corresponds to just 95mg of potassium in their powder. In the US a supplement company may only put 100mg max of potassium in a pill. I don't know if the Russian drugs have the same ratio of potassium but they say it's well tolerated and recommend between 250mg to 3500mg a day. Of course, even if this is safe generally things change with certain diseases and in combination with certain drugs, such as potassium sparing diuretics. Supposedly salt substitutes sold in grocery stores may contain 800mg of potassium in just a quarter of a teaspoon. A banana has about 450mg. I used to eat 6 bananas as a snack when I was bulking as a teen lol. Could have been almost 3 grams of potassium

That's what thought too. Searching right now I couldn't find much immediately, one supplement company recommeded 10 grams of potassium citrate in two divided doses a day, which corresponds to 3.6 grams of elemental potassium. Bulksupplements sells a powder of potassium orotate, a serving being 500mg which corresponds to just 95mg of potassium in their powder. In the US a supplement company may only put 100mg max of potassium in a pill. I don't know if the Russian drugs have the same ratio of potassium but they say it's well tolerated and recommend between 250mg to 3500mg a day. Of course, even if this is safe generally things change with certain diseases and in combination with certain drugs, such as potassium sparing diuretics. Supposedly salt substitutes sold in grocery stores may contain 800mg of potassium in just a quarter of a teaspoon. A banana has about 450mg. I used to eat 6 bananas as a snack when I was bulking as a teen lol. Could have been almost 3 grams of potassium
I personally would not recommend anyone here supplements potassium, as bodybuilding diets are already typically very high in potassium.

Can you take higher dose pottasium tablets with out stressing your kindness? Stan sugges 4,500 a day in athletes. Is even half of that safe in gram doses? I sometimes have crazy cramps from stim use and want it for blood pressure

Can you take higher dose pottasium tablets with out stressing your kindness? Stan sugges 4,500 a day in athletes. Is even half of that safe in gram doses? I sometimes have crazy cramps from stim use and want it for blood pressure

It's not the kidneys that can get damaged (I think). It's that in some cases values get so high it causes electrical problems with the heart, arrythmia or even sudden death without warning. But even a bottle of Pedialyte is like a gram of potassium iirc. I wouldn't dare suggest where the safe limit lies but I myself might try a couple of grams of citrate or orotate, split doses while making sure you don't have too little sodium and other electrolytes and minerals. Remember, potassium salts like the above are only like one third to one fifth potassium by weight. Injectable potassium is a great way to kill youself unless there is a need for it, it's part of some execution coctails, the final drug that stops the heart. I remember way back when a competitor told me the night before a show he felt like shit, his heart was pounding. He said he thought he ate too many potatoes to load with while being on potassium sparing diuretics, hard to know if potassium had anything to do with him feeling bad. My mother is on Dyazide for BP but she still has to take 4 x 750mg of potassium a day so I think it's hard to always know what's going on with your electrolytes without blood work.
Milos said Benaziza died from too much potassium. Doctor gave him potassium and told him to drink tomato juice (526mg potassium per cup according to google). Said he also saved Mustafa Mohammed's life by telling paramedics to test his potassium before giving him any potassium. Levels were confirmed high.

As an aside that Alex Kikel fella said diuretics are so easy and safe to work with if you know what you are doing. He's a fan of building up potassium levels with aldactone and then finishing with Lasix. He recently said fixing a competitors carb load spillover withing minutes is so easy. "An exogenous insulin push plus salt fixes it in minutes." I don't know if I would trust him though lol.

Attachments

• Potassium-Orotate-mini_cf776161-4baa-4e29-a4ab-b683aca5915c.jpg
    Potassium-Orotate-mini_cf776161-4baa-4e29-a4ab-b683aca5915c.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member