advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee labrada low sodium Vs Stan high sodium? why diffrent opinions?

Took 1/4 tsp pink himalayn salt today preworkout big diffrent much tighter and fuller not like yesterday soft and squishy.. Here is a shot from the todays triceps workout.

Attachments

• 312100184_10160358509761093_7430939481151703964_n.jpg
    312100184_10160358509761093_7430939481151703964_n.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 78
That’s a good bit to take at once , taking to much will often cause you to vomit or give you diarrhea later.
id simply increase your sodium intake through the day for several days rater than try to force something “right now”. Simply adding a couple V8 juice will make most people fell significantly better pretty fast not only because it’s loaded with sod but other vitamins and nutrients as well.
it ta the body a couple days to adjust to a new regime.
add 5 grams to your diet a day and after a few day evaluate how you feel and look , then add a little more and see what happens
Yea I love pretzels but every once in awhile I’ll have a cheat day where I’ll eat a giant one at the movie theatre it’s like 3-4 Bavarian pretzels like what you get at the mall and my stomach hurts after, I know it’s the salt, it also takes forever to digest- I assume bc it pulls all the fluid into ur stomach and diluting stomach acid. Like said a teaspoon of salt pre workout woukd pull fluid from your muscles into ur stomach thus softening you up and not helping pump. I am a believer in the himalaya salt though.

What was the reasoning behind such a drastic change??
luckily you have time to catch it and hopefully balance it back out , a lot of times huge over compensation (rebound)happens and then you have to deal with that
I had a planned cheat meal and the next day I woke up with terrible edema. So the dumb meat head in me said just flush it out with water…lol I promise that didn’t work

What was the reason for your na being low? If assume 2 gallons would do it. Did they happen to test other hormones and suspect a small tumor on pituitary? They suspected this when my sodium tested low.
Long story but suffice it to say borderline Addisons/adrenal insufficiency. The last time they looked at my pituitary was about 6 years ago when they wanted to rule out a tumor for my hypogonadism. I was all clear at that time.

Everything else was good electrolyte-wise.

do you really measure sodium supply so accurately ...? no pro bodybuilder does this, just keep him high on a similar level and don't complicate simple things

I count the individual grains with a desk-mounted magnifying glass and tweezers. I do this for enhanced precision and accuracy and find it makes me 13.7% more hardcore.

Do worry with micro management of the electrolytes , just make sure you are getting more than enough and the body will make sure the balance stays where the body wants it , homeostasis is an great thing when we leave it alone and let it work

Simply add a little more sodium seasoning to eat meal , a dash of soy sauce , extra mustard , a couple V8 juice. Have some bananas , sweet potatoes and tomatos through the day for adding potassium. Drink a Gatorade with a pinch of salt added for pre/intra workout

And don't use the pink Himalayan salt , use sea salt or iodized salt. The "Pink" salt doesn't have iodine in it which is critical for several things especially thyroid.

The unrefined salt does contain the trace minerals that the refined iodized salt does not. For this reason, I mix the two 50/50. Real Salt is my salt of choice and it absolutely has a flavor beyond salty.

When people say you can keep bloat down with diet, are they not talking about high sodium?

When people say you can keep bloat down with diet, are they not talking about high sodium?

"Bloating" can be caused by several different things from water retention from excess sodium to water retention from not enough sodium , it could be hormonal ranging from estrogen to cortisol.
Some foods cause people to retain water more than others as well , generally higher refined foods will cause some people to have a "watery" look like if someone is eating poptarts and whey protein shakes for their meals instead of meat and sweet potatoes.

I tested something yesterday i keept my sodium at 6-6.500mg had a high carb day and 1 cheatmeal 2 burgers.

Total calories:
Carbs:600g
Fat: 138g
Protein: 205g

Did not worry about my potassium intake and kept water high. Woke up dry and full but sadly that lasted for a short period then i flat out. but was great to wake up not flat for the first time ever i always wake up flat the next day even after a cheatday.

I will never carb up on low or cut sodium next time i have a coach tell me cut sodium or lower sodium i will fire him.

I tested something yesterday i keept my sodium at 6-6.500mg had a high carb day and 1 cheatmeal 2 burgers.

Total calories:
Carbs:600g
Fat: 138g
Protein: 205g

Did not worry about my potassium intake and kept water high. Woke up dry and full but sadly that lasted for a short period then i flat out. but was great to wake up not flat for the first time ever i always wake up flat the next day even after a cheatday.

I will never carb up on low or cut sodium next time i have a coach tell me cut sodium or lower sodium i will fire him.
why such low proteins and so high fat ... I do not know where the ideas for such diets come from - it is against the bodybuilding diet

why such low proteins and so high fat ... I do not know where the ideas for such diets come from - it is against the bodybuilding diet
200g protein on high carb day is it low? I am on 250g on normal days. the fat mostly came from the burgers and the cheatmeal. I tried high carb days with low fat but i just burns trough the carbs and dont fill me up at all. not enough calories i guess.

200g protein on high carb day is it low? I am on 250g on normal days. the fat mostly came from the burgers and the cheatmeal. I tried high carb days with low fat but i just burns trough the carbs and dont fill me up at all. not enough calories i guess.
200-250 g protein is ok but if you weigh 190-200 lbs - if you weigh that much then I understand the amount

I must say thanks to everyone especially the guys who recommended to keep sodium high, the pumps in the gym are next level.
My 2 first meals before gym is about 4.000 mg sodium, the total intake is at 7.000mg at the moment.

But there is one thing i would like to ask you guys is how come that i flat out fast after my workout,
My carbs are high 600g per day. I add 1/4 tsp salt post workout with my shake.
my 2 meals pre workout is 300g carbs. I cant be depleting glycogen so fast during a 1 hour workout.

Appricate if someone more experience can maybe give me a idea.

I must say thanks to everyone especially the guys who recommended to keep sodium high, the pumps in the gym are next level.
My 2 first meals before gym is about 4.000 mg sodium, the total intake is at 7.000mg at the moment.

But there is one thing i would like to ask you guys is how come that i flat out fast after my workout,
My carbs are high 600g per day. I add 1/4 tsp salt post workout with my shake.
my 2 meals pre workout is 300g carbs. I cant be depleting glycogen so fast during a 1 hour workout.

Appricate if someone more experience can maybe give me an idea.
Fast metabolism and you train hard 💪

Glad the high sodium route is working for you! 7000 is a good goal for anyone training hard.

After reading Luki’s post, I looked over how much sea salt I was supplementing with

Turns out, I was getting about 1/3 the amount of sodium from sea salt that I thought I was (I thought sea salt was pure sodium on a mg for mg basis).

I was getting pretty good pumps and fullness before.. interested to see what will happen now that I’ll be taking the appropriate amount (6-7g) - the amount that I thought I was taking initially

Glad the high sodium route is working for you! 7000 is a good goal for anyone training hard.
I’m interested in your journey as it follows on sodium high gives me headaches but the pump factor makes sense. I do know the day after I eat a cheat meal I’m jacked but I always chalk it up to carbs

Less sodium with us imo is always better, we are never deficient but almost always fighting water retention and BP management so unless it’s show week I just try to keep sodium low for health, the healthier you are the better you look and feel.
This is where I am 100%!

Yeah must be i am burning carbs fast.
I’m interested in your journey as it follows on sodium high gives me headaches but the pump factor makes sense. I do know the day after I eat a cheat meal I’m jacked but I always chalk it up to carbs
It worked great but after i while i started get bp issues and bad headaches i guess 7000 was little to high. less headaches on 5000mg i think thats my base level i will stay on.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131