over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LEE PRIEST GOSSIP FOR YA !!

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
apparently lee and muscletech have had a falling out. lee wants out of his contract and is refusing to endorse the product line. i heard this from a journalist in the biz and most are keeping quite until they find out the facts. lee was tired of the way they marketed him and the way the fans were receiving him about the ads. he wanted them to market him in a different way. i am sure we will hear about the fall out sooner or later.

I heard that too, and all I can say is what did he expect? He knew what they were like before he ever signed with them.

I LIKED THE WAY HE APPEARED IN THE PROLAB ADS....

THOSE WERE SOME COOL PICS! DIDN'T THE SCREW HIM IN SOME WAY AS WELL?

i wonder how he is going to trim up for the olympia w/out hydroxycut!!!lol:D j/k

thats a fact

I heard that two weeks before the USA's... i have a buddy who went out to shawn rays muscle camp and lee told it like it is.. muscletech wants his family to sign some silly crap contract that they wont say anything about their products bla bla plus they want to cut his pay significantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seems like he's had problems with the last couple. Everything sounds the same in the rumor mill. The only other thing that I heard which who knows if its true is he's talking with weider and twin lab. Hope it all works out.

I thought his ads were funny...

They target the uneducated fitness people in the world...which happens to be 5 billion people.

Us "fitness educated people" know that he did more than NITRO-TECH, CELL-TECH, and HYDROXCUTS. What did he expect...

They are a business and they are goiing to market himthe way they can make the most money.

!!!

Are You kidding?!?!? you mean to tell me that hydroxycut didn't make him ultra shredded?? Whoa...

LOL.. Yeah, steak I agree with what you said. Totally.

Lee should have known what he was getting into. He should know that he can't control shit with these supplement companies. Muscletech is absolutely the worst. I hate them, I will never buy any of their products, and I never recommend anything they make. They are sue-happy, lieing, decietful fucks. I will probably get sued for writing this post!

i was a bit surprised by the ads that he "went along with" i must say that i do admire him for walking away from the money. i don't know if it's fair to say that he should have known what he was getting into, maybe he didnt' read the "fine print"...

Lets say I heard from a reliable source a few months ago, Lee's Prolab contract was drastically cut (by about a 2/3). He then went with Muscle Tech. There was probs with contract issues and he'd have to wait till this fall to try to get out of their contract. In the mean time, he was going to file bankruptcy to protect his home and cool toys.

Man that really sucks here you have one of the top bodbuilders in the world and he is going to have to file bankruptcy. Where is Joe Weider WTF is going on here. When are the athletes going to put their ego's aside and ban together look at the phucking dock workers on the coast striking they make over 100,000 dollars a year already probably with little education.

No bodybuilders no shows no good quality pics of the badazz big guys no money for weider. AAAARRRRGGG someone. Just ranting I hate seeing people getting taken advantage of. Happens everday but if It happens in front of me thats where it stops. Well for the moment guess thats what motivated me to go back to school hope to help some people who cannot advocate for themselves one day.. MM:mad:

Re: thats a fact

dpsquat said:
I heard that two weeks before the USA's... i have a buddy who went out to shawn rays muscle camp and lee told it like it is.. muscletech wants his family to sign some silly crap contract that they wont say anything about their products bla bla plus they want to cut his pay significantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut his pay? I thought he was being paid less than $3k a month already.

Can't say I'm suprised though, 80% of the guys you see in ads (any supp company) don't even get paid. Most just get free product. Remember when Quincy Taylor was with Met-Rx? Didn't make a dime from them.

Without the "fitness educated people" who use AS how would all those asshole companies sell their worthless crap?

The market for steroid-savy suppplement buyers is a very small one. Sure, many of the supp companies were started on drug money, but that's about as far as it goes.

Oh, and the dock workers weren't striking, they were locked out.

Pusher

When lee was with Prolab he was making like $7000/month. Then when the business suits bought Prolab, they cut his pay to $2000/month. That's when he left them and he was replaced with the cartoon guy. It does get ridiculous with how these companies treat the athletes. Flex said he had a contract with "X" company and their revenue rose 75% within the year, so he asked for a raise the next year. They told him no. Most of these guys can't speak bad about these companies while they're with them or when they aren't due to the contracts they sign or else they'll face legal acton.

I know all to well how supplement companies treat the people they pay to put in their ads and booths. Read the contract before you sign it, sometimes the company will OWN any images THEIR paid photographer took of you for THEIR ads. That is why you still see pics of Priest, Wheeler, Dillet, and many others still run in mags like Flex years after their Weider contracts had been terminated.

I know Priest had his Prolab contract cut down, and I know he also too a big paycut when signing with Muscletech (which was for roughly what his old Prolab contract was at the time he left the company).

I guess Preist lust signed with Twinlab and Tommi T with Weider. Who knows what's next. Maybe bath tub Protein will get Ronnie. Crazy things going on. Wish I could have made it!

I can see how this is happening though. The big companies don't need to spend the bucks on a big name because their products are already known. The smaller companies are the ones that need the big names to boost product sales. Take Coca Cola for example, they don't use any big names because they are on top!! Then you have Pepsi who uses every popular person under the sun to promote the product.

Thats just the nature of business.

Macdaddy

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner