advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lee Priest in the hospital, heart issue.

I met Lee in 1994, I think it was. He just got 2nd place to Flex Wheeler in the Ironman Pro. Lee was by far the most dry and grainy competitor and I felt he got robbed. I met him when he was walking to his car after the show and even in a state of total dehydration he got a picture with me and talked. He was very nice! He drove a sic Lotus too!

He's had a heart infection way before too in the 90s/early 2000s according to an interview, im sure that contributed to the compromise of the muscle in some way too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Right, that is what I am referring to unless he had more than 2 episodes now. Chances are that case was cardiomyopathy brought on my steroid use. It cannot be proven because we don't know what happened to him, but chances are that is what happened. I had the same thing happen to me. They call it idiopathic cardiomyopathy because the cause is unknown. I highly doubt he had an infection back then that caused it because that is extremely rare in a healthy individual. I got off steroids for about 1 year and my heart just about got back to normal, so I can say almost 100% that it caused mine. Cant say that for his but I would bet large sums on money on it.

That's terrible! I knew a guy about 20 years ago at the gym who got endocarditis from a tooth infection and spent a year in the hospital...his life was never the same after that. I hope Lee makes a much better recovery!!

https://generationiron.com/lee-priest-hospitalized-due-heart-infection/

Also, when it comes to Lee, there are a lot of opinions on his drug use. Here is his 71 year old dad...the genetics definitely run in the family!

https://generationiron.com/lee-priests-father-ridiculously-jacked-age-71/

Wow, didn't know CG was Lee Priests Dad.....hahaha

On October 3rd he posted on Instagram a picture of two teeth he pulled out. Sounds like he did it on his own! Tough dude.

The infection must have started back around then and festered. Hopefully no permanent damage was done to his heart with this.

Endocarditis is absolutely, unequivocally, not connected to any PED's or pharm drugs. Neither is it connected in any way, shape, or form to pre-existing heart function.

It is an INFECTION issue only, from bugs that are not supposed to be in the heart attacking it- foreign introduction of pathogens in the bloodstream- how they got there is not connected to the popular attacks on bodybuilding whatsoever. The YouTube bandwagon'ers simply show their ignorance.

I'm saying this assuming that's what is going on, because frankly it's none of my business. Just trying to shed light on the discussion itself.

I met Lee in 1994, I think it was. He just got 2nd place to Flex Wheeler in the Ironman Pro. Lee was by far the most dry and grainy competitor and I felt he got robbed. I met him when he was walking to his car after the show and even in a state of total dehydration he got a picture with me and talked. He was very nice! He drove a sic Lotus too!

1994 Ironman Pro Invitational - IFBB

My Brother in laws twin brother, in his early 40s got sick and it killed his heart, he had a heart transplant and had to take meds for that, which ended up killing his kidneys and his 2nd heart faulted. He recently had a 2nd heart transplant and a kidney transplant (he is now mid 50s).
Point is, shit happens, but once you find there is damage done, the high dose steroids should be a thing of the past. People tend to rationalize why we should still push the envelope.

Lee is so out there, but such an inspiration. I love watching his videos, and his physique was just awesome. I hope everything works out for the guy.

Endocarditis is absolutely, unequivocally, not connected to any PED's or pharm drugs. Neither is it connected in any way, shape, or form to pre-existing heart function.

It is an INFECTION issue only, from bugs that are not supposed to be in the heart attacking it- foreign introduction of pathogens in the bloodstream- how they got there is not connected to the popular attacks on bodybuilding whatsoever. The YouTube bandwagon'ers simply show their ignorance.

I'm saying this assuming that's what is going on, because frankly it's none of my business. Just trying to shed light on the discussion itself.

See Machine has just confirmed what Rx Muscle reported and I wrote in my post

Endocarditis
Infection
Not related to drugs

They said it was a tooth infection which caused it guys. Nothing to do with past use.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's terrible! I knew a guy about 20 years ago at the gym who got endocarditis from a tooth infection and spent a year in the hospital...his life was never the same after that. I hope Lee makes a much better recovery!!

https://generationiron.com/lee-priest-hospitalized-due-heart-infection/

Also, when it comes to Lee, there are a lot of opinions on his drug use. Here is his 71 year old dad...the genetics definitely run in the family!

https://generationiron.com/lee-priests-father-ridiculously-jacked-age-71/

I tried to post this the other day on my phone and it failed. Bio just letting you know I am 99% sure that is not his dad. That is Bernie Cooper from the UK. I believe Lee was just joking like he does a lot. The thing with social media these days though within 30 mins of him making the joke you have about 5 new articles and 3 new you-tube videos going on about Lee's Dad :eek::D

I don't know for certain but literally 99% sure it's not his dad. Unless he has a British dad?

I tried to post this the other day on my phone and it failed. Bio just letting you know I am 99% sure that is not his dad. That is Bernie Cooper from the UK. I believe Lee was just joking like he does a lot. The thing with social media these days though within 30 mins of him making the joke you have about 5 new articles and 3 new you-tube videos going on about Lee's Dad :eek::D

I don't know for certain but literally 99% sure it's not his dad. Unless he has a British dad?

Bernie Cooper confirmed it is a joke on social media. Lee's birth name is McCutcheon but he started using Priest when he competed with his Mom since that was her last name. He explained the situation in an interview about 10 years ago.

Attachments

• bernie.gif
    bernie.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 230
Bernie Cooper confirmed it is a joke on social media. Lee's birth name is McCutcheon but he started using Priest when he competed with his Mom since that was her last name. He explained the situation in an interview about 10 years ago.

Thanks for confirming. I am sure even Lee mentioned it in one of his you-tube videos from ages ago. I knew Priest wasn't his real name so that was the only thing that had me unsure. Just shows you about fake news :D You mention one thing in a post and someone writes an online article then 20 other people copy that article. If you google it there are loads of things saying he is his dad and videos on you-tube talking about it.

I knew someone was going to try to spin this as "proof" Lee lied about his doses.

Hope he gets better
x2

some people still don't get it dog.

At 19 Lee again competed and won The Mr. Australia title, but was not allowed to get his pro card in Australia because of his young age. It was then Priest decided to enter an amateur competition, Niagara Falls Championships. While there, Priest was discovered and given his pro card. Priest became one of the youngest men ever to turn IFBB pro at the age of 20.

so he actually deservingly won his pro card at 19 not 20, wasn't given one cos of rules and bs but he was the better bber at 19 when he won Mr Australia which would have got lets say a 25 ,30 year old guy a pro card.

Thats Kryptonite of a genetics.

How much shit a 19 year kid possibly must have shooting to destroy seasoned vets at Mr Aus comp ?

I never doubt Lee when he says he got away with low dosages compare to many others.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

x2 yes mate Bernie got a gym up in Cumbria where he lives and Lee is down in New South wales aussiland

That's bit of a distance between the gyms they trained at lol

Lee has a very dry sense of humour which i like :)

Lee does love England though. Says its my second home.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member